ONE UNEXPECTED DAY

For You In Full Bloom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 This is a double update. Go back a chapter.

 

Social media was a platform to expand your circle of friends. We bragged to others that we have more friends than them, when in reality you only knew half of them, personally. The rest was what we called 'mutual friends'.

 

 

My secret was exposed through this 'mutual friends' method.

 

 

I was supposed to file my transfer request quietly, this morning. But, as fate would have it, it didn't go as I planned. When I looked back on it, I mused the irony of it, the timing itself. I was on tenterhooks during my stay in this school, waiting for things to go wrong, but somehow, it never did. When I was on the verge of taking myself out of this mess, it happened.

 

 

Lay found out accidentally, and due to some weird glitch in the universe, he forgot about it. I was so relief and scared at the same time. Relief, because somehow, things will end prematurely. Scared, because I've had a taste of how bad things will be if I were to be exposed against my will. One small detail have the power to alter our fate.

 

 

Who would have thought, when Tao posted the picture of our dorm winning the final race on his FB page, will be the beginning of my downfall. 

 

 

The power of 'mutual friends' started to take place.

 

 

Someone began to tag the picture to his own page, their friends tagged their own friends, and so on. When someone from my old school looked at the picture, comments flooded the innocent picture. At first, they only said my face looked eerily similar to one of their old school mate named Lee Haneul. The comment grabbed the attention, receiving hundreds of 'like' between my old classmates. 

 

 

When another person mentioned that the guy in the picture was also named Lee Haneul, things started to get from bad to worse in a blink of an eye. Because what were the odds of a girl named Lee Haneul was the same person as the guy named Lee Haneul who were now a student in Sky High? 

 

 

My old classmates decided to further hammered in the nail by posting my old picture when my hair were still long with the current picture of me side by side.

 

 

Tao, just like Kai, accepted anyone's friend request on his FB page so that he could bragged to Kris about the amount of friends he had online.

 

 

So, long story short, everyone in Sky High knew the truth about me that day. 

 

 

I walked into the dining hall for breakfast, morosely thinking this will be the last day I'd spent being a student of Sky High, without knowing my time was up.

 

 

The cold and animosity snapped me out of my daze. 

 

 

My brows furrowed when I saw how hostile their eyes looked. I absently took a step back when I felt the hate and bitterness radiated out all around me. I searched for a friendly face, looking for some sort of explanation, but all I got were glares that were directed at me.

 

 

Choi Minho stepped forward. 

 

 

"Are you a girl?"

 

 

I stopped breathing. Everything seemed to stop. The question were so out of the blue that my mind was screaming for me to deny it, to say something to defend myself. But all I could do was stared stupidly at him, my mouth and brain was not in sync. 

 

 

That seemed to be the confirmation they ever needed. 

 

 

The shouts and insults started pouring in, not only from Dorm 1 members, but Dorm 3 also. My eyes glided to the back of the hall, to where most of the Dorm 2 members stood, their cell phones clutched in their hands. They looked horrified, some had their jaws wide opened, a few of them shook their heads, but it all was the same thing.

 

 

It was the look of betrayal that shone vividly at me.

 

 

I was still rooted to my spot by the doorway when Suho and Kris approached me. Both of them spoke monotonously for me to follow them. Kris latched his hand onto my arm and tugged me along. I managed a silent thanks in my mind because honestly, my legs and my entire body had lost all their functions.

 

 

"Would you care to explain, Haneul?" Suho asked whe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter