KEEP 'EM COMING

For You In Full Bloom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

My throat felt parched all of a sudden.

 

 

My gaze slowly drawn up and caught the anger in Kai's eyes. They held mine and I was powerless to look away. He brought the paper up, holding the evidence in his shaking hand.

 

 

"You were gonna bail and run again." He whispered venomously.

 

 

I flinched.

 

 

"You promised me you won't ever leave without telling me, so what is this?" He yelled and ed the paper forward.

 

 

I bit my lips and hung my head down.

 

 

"Kai" Sehun warned.

 

 

I heard Kai jumped down from the desk and stalked to me. A moment later, I felt the bed dipped and he grabbed my shoulder, forcing me to look at him in fright.

 

 

"Kai!" Sehun called out, jumping from his own bed and ran to us.

 

 

But Kai was shaking me, hard. 

 

 

"You promised! I kept your secret, I don't even care if you like me or not, but you were gonna leave, just like that. How could you, Haneul? How could you?"

 

 

Sehun managed to pry Kai off of me, but the damage has been done. Kai struggled in Sehun's grasp as I sat frozen on my bed, the transfer request lying innocently in my lap, further proved how much this day had gone haywire. 

 

 

Kai shook Sehun away causing him to stumble backwards before he managed to catch himself. I watched helplessly as Kai gave me a burning look, turned around and ran out of the room. 

 

 

His falling tears were the last thing I caught.

 

 

"Oh my god" I exhaled softly, feeling bone-tired all of a sudden. I closed my eyes, letting the back of my head hit the wall.

 

 

A jolt on the bed told me Sehun had taken Kai's spot. I continued to try and breath normally through my nose. I've cried plenty of times in the space of these few days, I felt so drained right now.

 

 

"Hey" Sehun said softly, his warm hand squeezed mine gently.

 

 

I hummed, showing him I was listening.

 

 

"Don't worry too much about Kai. Just give him some time, he'll be fine"

 

 

Trust Sehun to know what was really bothering me. I opened my eyes and stared up at the ceiling listlessly.

 

 

"I screwed up, didn't I? I screwed up so bad, even Kai is angry with me, and he never shouted at me before. That's how bad this thing is"

 

 

Sehun's answer was to grip my hand tightly.

 

 

"I've betrayed everyone's trust. Even Doc Kyu is involved now. They're all mad at me. I'm a liar, just like everyone said." 

 

 

"I guess you're forgetting me now, huh? Since Kai is mad at you, you forgot I'm the one beside you"

 

 

I dropped my gaze to look at him. He held my stare and his lips twitched at the corner.

 

 

"Really Sehun? You decided to play the jealous lover now?"

 

 

His lips stretched wider. "I figured now would be good. It's depressing to watch you moping around"

 

 

I can't help but let out a small giggle at that. 

 

 

Someone knocked on the door and Sehun let go of my hand to open it. It felt oddly discomforting when I lost the warmth of his hand.

 

 

Sehun cracked open the door and poked his head out. He conversed tersely with the person on the other side of the door. I tensed, waiting for any verdict.

 

 

He opened the door widely and motioned for that person to come in.

 

 

Kyungsoo walked in resolutely, pulling a bewildered Lay behind him. Sehun quickly closed the door but I caught a glimpse of everyone else in the hallway. 

 

 

I sat up straighter. "Kyungsoo?"

 

 

Kyungsoo halted in front of me. Lay ran onto his back when he'd stopped without warning. Kyungsoo hissed and threw a dirty look over his shoulder at the latter.

 

 

"Why are we here? Suho and Kris told us not to talk to Haneul before they made any decision" Lay asked in a loud whisper to Kyungsoo.

 

 

So that was what they're doing, d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter