BONDING TIME WITH KAI

For You In Full Bloom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I found myself on Kai's bed 5 minutes later.

Wait, that sounded so wrong on so many levels.

What happened was, after the meeting in the dining hall, Kai said that we should hang out, doing a little bit of a bonding time of our own. I was curious enough about what happened between him and Sehun, so I agreed to his request. 5 minutes later, I was sitting on his bed, waiting for him to come back from fetching us drinks on the hallway.

Kai's roommate was Kyungsoo. He was sitting in his chair across from me and eyed me skeptically. I groaned. "What?"

Kyungsoo just twitched his shoulder a little. "You a good runner?" He was referring to the marathon.

I nodded. "Yeah, I have good stamina." Since  I was always running from my mom, I added in my head.

I studied Kyungsoo properly. He was contented just to sit on his chair and looking at me like I was a piece of an interesting exhibit he'd ever laid eyes on.

"Does Kai have a problem with Sehun?" I blurted.

Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows at that. He seemed surprised. "You noticed?"

"Kinda hard not to when he practically emits murderous intention whenever Sehun's name was being mentioned."

He chuckled a little at that. "I get what you mean. Well," Kyungsoo drawled, "they used to be best friend before."

I sat up straighter at his words. "Best friend? What happened then?"

Kyungsoo let out a heavy sigh. "They used to be roommate." He shook his head. "They even rivaled Chen n Baekhyun in the pranks department."

"Sehun?" I asked in disbelieve. That cold guy with a 'I'm-a--don't-mess-with-me', Sehun?" It was hard to wrap my head around the idea that Sehun used to be an easy-going kind of guy like Kai.

Kyungsoo smiled in reminiscence. "Ah, good times. The dorm was in high alert all the time. You've been on receiving end of Chen n Baekhyun, right? Imagine there were another set of them loose in the dorm." He shuddered visibly. "Suho and Kris were having such a hard time it almost broke my heart." He winked cheekily. "Almost."

I decided to ignore his wink, but one thing kept me nosy. "Kris? Why?"

Kyungsoo grinned slyly. "Kris is an assistant dorm leader. Well, actually there's no assistant, only leaders for each dorm. But he threw a fit when the Warden elected Suho, so the Warden had to make him assistant." He let out a laugh. "He was pacified with that. Anyway, it's good that he's an assistant, his greatest achievement was to steal Tao from Dorm 3."

I gave him a confused look. "Why did he steal Tao?"

"Tao is a very good fighter, he'd done Wushu since he was little. Kris bribed him with Gucci clothes to be his bodyguard and voila, he's in Dorm 2. That's why the Dorm 3 guy was so pissed. Tao was supposed to be their ace." Kyungsoo explained.

I grabbed Kai's pillow and placed it on my lap. I rested my hands on top of it. "Why would Kris needs a bodyguard, anyway? Is he rich or something?"

"Nope. In the event that no one will criticize his drawings, he roped in Tao every time he showed us his new "masterpiece" he called drawing."

I could practically hear the air quote on the word masterpiece. I giggled at that. "That bad huh?"

Kyungsoo pushed away from his chair and laid on his bed, fluffing his pillows. "I thought he was drawing a turtle, but it turned out he was drawing a hippo. I had to run when Tao suddenly emerged next to me when I pointed that out to Kris."

I laughed so hard until my stomach hurt. Kai came in, raised his brows in question and knocked me on the head with a can of soda.

"What took you so long?" Kyungsoo asked, already sitting crossed-leg on his bed and popped open his soda.

Kai sat down next to me on his bed and took a sip of his soda. He wiped his lips and I tried not to stare as he ran his tongue along his bottom lip. What? The guy had a nice set of mouth, I can't help but notice that.

"Ran into Chen n Baekhyun outside. They wanna talk strategy." Kai huffed as he downed his drinks again.

I played with my unopened can while I pondered how to ask Kai about his relationsh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter