Rabin: With You (Request)

Various VIXX GIRLS AU Oneshot Collection

“You're taking biology?” Hakyeon raised a eyebrow at her.

“It’s a requirement.” Wonji pulled her schedule out to begin looking for the classroom.

“I can’t see a music major passing the class.”

Wonji frowned at her friend, “I’m not that dumb.”

Hakyeon chuckled, “You’re not. You just have a tendency to work on your music than do other things with your life. Everytime I invite you to a social gathering you say you have better things to do. How is working on music more important than meeting people? You need to meet someone and have a life…..”

Wonji blocked her out as she continued on her rant. Wonji didn’t have the heart to tell Hakyeon that she doesn’t have anyone either because she’s just too chatty.

“.....talking with someone….” The words suddenly died on her lips. Wonji stopped with her and looked up to see what made her stop.

A young man leaned against the wall near a doorway. Long legs hidden by black pants, a dress shirt with sleeves rolled up to reveal muscles. He typed quickly on his phone. His brown eyes darting back and forth. His brown hair looked soft and she almost felt the urge to run her fingers through it. Almost just as suddenly, the man’s lips widened into a bright smile, cute dimples appearing on his cheeks as his eyes crinkled up into cute moons.

She could feel her face heat up. She wondered if he’s a model.

“Wow, he’s hot.” Hakyeon whispered.

Wonji turned her eyes away as the man looked towards them. “Ah, are you in the biology class?”

Wonji almost felt running away in that moment. Hakyeon grinned and put her hand on her shoulder, “No, but Wonji is.”

Wonji nodded her head at him, her cheeks still red. The man seemed to smile even wider, “I’m Professor Lee Hongbin. It’s nice to meet you. You can go pick any seat you want and class will start shortly.”

Wonji didn’t know what to do now that she knew her Professor is a hottie. Should she cry or scream?

Before walking in Hakyeon whispered to her and gave her a wink, “Have fun.”

The first day was a disaster. She could barely concentrate on what Hongbin was saying, she doesn’t how she’s even going to pass now. Especially after he placed on his glasses, Wonji didn’t even know he could get hotter than he already is.

It’s been a week and a half now and she still doesn’t know what she’s going to do.

Wonji placed her head down on the table with a bang, “What am I going to do?”

“If I were you I would be lucky to get a hot professor.” Hakyeon said around her food.

“Hakyeon.”

“What? All I get are middle-aged men or women.” Hakyeon leaned closer and lowered her voice, “You know what I heard. Professor Lee is only 24, not much older than we are. I heard he’s the youngest professor on campus. You are so lucky.”

Wonji wondered how she even was when she might not be able to even pass.

“You what you need, a break. I found this great club with live music. It has really good food.”

“Maybe later.”

However, class wasn’t all bad. Hongbin spilled onto a description about a bunch of cells. The ways Hongbin went about discussing and describing the things they learn in class made it easier for her to understand better.

It was in times where he would settle his eyes on her or his dimples would pop out as he began to smile that it made it hard. He always looked so eager to teach and his glasses sharpened his eyes where they would almost sparkle. Hongbin looked even hotter in glasses and she couldn’t resist daydreaming a bit.

After class, Wonji would always find herself approaching his desk to ask him a question about a few things, things she usually didn’t hear because she got distracted by his smile or laugh.

However, she always found butterflies flying around in her chest as she got to see his cheery smile up close. His glasses showing up his pretty eyes more. She just hoped he never noticed her shaking hands, wavering voice, the heat in her cheeks, and the flutters in her heart.

Afterwards, walking away, she couldn’t help letting a smile lift up on her lips as she remember his smiles and cute chuckles. She really does have it bad, doesn’t she.

Feeling in such a cheery mood, she took Hakyeon up on that offer of hers. She could go for a nice night on the town.

Hakyeon quickly about how good of a mood she’s in lately and should invite that hot professor of hers, resulting in Wonji’s flushed expression.

The Live Music Club, not the usual club full of party goers and drinks, it’s more a nice restaurant with a relaxing atmosphere and live music from a small stage in the back.

Hakyeon is more of a party goer who loves to dance in the hype of the crowd and lights. Hakyeon knows Wonshik prefers it more relaxing and she is glad Hakyeon found this place.

The soft lighting from the candles created a relaxing vibe along with the soft strumming of the guitar and the smooth low voice singing through the speaker.

Wonji sat back in her chair relaxed. Hakyeon chuckled softly and took a sip of her drink, “You sure are enjoying this.”

Wonji sent a soft smile to her friend, “Thanks, Hakyeon.”

Hakyeon’s smile turned sly, “Now you can introduce me to your hot professor.”

“What?”

Hakyeon nodded up to the stage. Confused, Wonji turned and spotted the one person she never thought she would see.

Lee Hongbin.

Wonji almost forgot to close as she watched him.

With his small fingers he strummed out a soft tune, his lips so close to the mic she couldn’t believe that the heavenly voice she had been listening to was him. He wore skinny black pants, showing up his long legs more, a black buttoned shirt, the buttons on top opened to show his defined collarbones. Instead of his cute hairstyle with his bangs above his eyes, his soft brown hair was now swept off to the side showing off his forehead. He is way more handsome than before.

Wonji begin to think if he wore glasses now, she would probably faint from her heart bursting into pieces.

“You should probably close your mouth before you start drooling.” Hakyeon chuckled.

Wonji turned back towards her friend, “You knew.”

Hakyeon laughed louder, “Your reaction was hilarious. You really do have it bad.”

Wonji lowered her face to the table and hid it in her arms, she wanted to hide away forever.

Wonji doesn’t know what to do. She clutched her aching head. She had drunk more than she could after what happened last night. And now she has to get to class and see Lee Hongbin.

Wonji doesn’t know if she could even look at him without turning into a blushing mess. His heavenly singing voice still echoed in her ears and she almost longed to hear more

She then started to wonder if she should just skip class and gets notes from Taekwoon later. She texted Taekwoon and laid back down her bed, wondering what she’s even going to do with herself.

Wonji looked at the sign, Live Music Club, music and the most heavenly voice she could ever know filtering through the speakers. What is she even doing here.

It’s been two weeks since Hakyeon brought her here. Wonji has been avoiding Hongbin every chance she got during class but, her grades have been suffering even more.

She made up her mind to end this once and for all. To confess to him, get rejected and move on.

Wonji took a deep breath and walked in. Her whole confidence died as she saw him on stage, sporting a dark blue buttoned shirt and his dark rimmed glasses that she loved so much on him. She still questions her liking for glasses wearing Hongbin.

“You like what you see?”

Wonji jumped slightly and turned to see a man with a cheery smile, his nametag on his waiter’s uniform inscribed with the name Jaehwan.

“Hongbin is always having girls all over him but, all he cares about is his career. He never spares them a glance. If I was in his position I would take them up on their offers. So I will accept your confess-”

“Stop flirting Jaehwan, she’s here to see Hongbin.” A lady walked up just then, her nametag sporting the title of manager and the name Sanghee.

“How do you…”

Sanghee smiled, “Right when you walked in you were staring at him so determinedly that we could guess.”

Wonji’s whole confidence died out. Girls confess to him all the time. He would never even look at her.

Wonji felt herself backing away towards the doors, “I’m sorry.”

Jaehwan touched her back and started to guide her towards the back, “You can stay here until he’s done. Good luck.” Jaehwan winked and disappeared, leaving her all alone, backstage where she can see him close up.

Stunning. Beautiful. She can’t do this.

She didn’t even realize the music had died. “Kim Wonji?”

Wonji immediately looked up into the stunningly beautiful face of her professor, Lee Hongbin.

She can’t do this.

“What are you doing here?” He carefully set his guitar down.

She bit her lip. What was she suppose to say.

Wonji doesn’t want to be like all those other girls. She doesn’t want Hongbin to think she’s like all the others. She wants to be someone special to him.

“I...saw you playing and a waiter, Jaehwan, brought me back here.” At least it was the truth.

Hongbin let out a huff, “That Jaehwan. I’m sorry about him.”

Wonji forced a small smile, “It’s fine.”

He smiled back and Wonji thought she could die right there.

“You’re probably surprised to see me like this. I like to keep my personal life separate from my job, so please keep this a secret at school.”

Wonji nodded. In a selfish way, she wanted to keep it a secret too. She didn’t want anybody getting in the way of her being close to him.

Standing there in the backstage lighting, he looked even younger and even more stunning than ever before with his hazel eyes on her.

“Have you eaten yet?”

She blinked, “N-not yet.”

His face grew stern, “You should eat to keep your energy up. Falling asleep in class is not good for your grades.”

In that moment, Hongbin reminded her of Hakyeon and how he still was her professor. She shouldn’t be thinking about him as if he likes her back.

Suddenly, Hongbin took her hand. His hand feeling soft in her own. She hoped he couldn’t feel her rapid heartbeat.

Without stopping, he lead her to a candlelit table. Wonji now noticing the restaurant is empty now, they are the only ones in here. It makes her even more nervous to be alone with him.

Hongbin let go of her hand and she immediately missed the warmth. She sat down across from him, the lighting in the room almost making everything feel romantic. Especially the way he smiled across to her.

“Pick anything you like.”

At that moment, Jaehwan approached them. “You finally got a girlfriend, Hongbin. Lucky you.”

Hongbin frowned and glared at Jaehwan, “She is my student, Jaehwan.” Wonji surprised to see pink stretched across Hongbin’s cheeks.

Jaehwan chuckled and turned to her, “What would you like?”

Wonji’s eyes scrolled the menu, “Spaghetti please.”

Before Jaehwan left he winked Hongbin and ran off to the kitchen.

Hongbin sighed, “I really am sorry about him.”

“You don’t have to be.” Wonji paused for a moment, “Are you two close?”

Hongbin smiled, “We’re old friends from middle school. Sometimes he does get on my nerves but he’s a good guy.”

Wonji laughed, “That’s how friends are.”

“Yeah.” They laughed together and it was a wonderful, magical feeling. Sitting across, his smile and laugh directed towards her, she didn’t want it to end.

“We both got a job here back in our early days of college. The pay was good and we needed it to pay for classes and bills. We use to share a apartment together but now we both live alone, especially since Jaehwan has a girlfriend now.”

“Really?” Wonji asked, “Jaehwan was acting as if he doesn’t get girls and then he started to flirt with me.”

Wonji almost missed it, the way Hongbin clutched the napkin in his hand and then relaxed. Hongbin smiled once again but it wasn’t as natural, “That’s just Jaehwan for you. Flirting with every girl he sees. The only reason he got this job in the first place is because of his girlfriend.”

Wonji unconsciously leaned forward, Hongbin always had this way of telling stories, as if it was the most interesting thing in the world.

“Back then, Jaehwan had a huge crush on the manager, Sanghee. He convinced me to get the job with him. I was a waiter when I first started out. Once Sanghee found out about my talent in music, she hired me to play live for the club. I hadn’t ever intended to play in front of others, always keeping it to myself in the comfort of my room. The first day, I was so nervous. However, I did well and people began telling how they love my performances and began to tip me.”

Wonji had been so interested in the story, she didn’t see the plate as it was sat down in front of her. “Enjoy your food.”

Wonji continued to eat as Hongbin continued his story.

“It made me happy that I could cheer up other people with my talents. It was only after I got my job as a professor that I quit. Sanghee still gave me the chance to come back whenever I wanted to play. The regulars still love to hear me play and it’s relaxing after a long day to see the smiles of people.”

Wonji nodded, “You do have a wonderful voice.”

She couldn’t mistake the blush that spread across his face, “Thank you.”

They talked late into the night with only the candle light around them. They laughed and talked about so many things. Wonji eventually tells him how she is a music major but she enjoys his bright personality when he talks about biology.

It gets so late, Wonji realizes the last bus is already gone. Hongbin offers to drive her home and Wonji doesn’t think anything could be better than this.

On the ride home, she thinks about the last few hours, how she would’ve never thought that one decision would result in getting closer to him. She almost dozes off, thinking about him and the warmth he radiates off everytime he smiles.

They finally arrive at her house and Wonji almost doesn’t want to get out, away from his warmth.

In that moment it’s something from a movie. Hongbin takes her hand in his and in her surprise he leans over to give her a gentle kiss on the lips.

Her heart feels like bursting in that second that feels like forever. As he leans back, they both share equally red faces and shy smiles.

Hongbin starts first, “I...thought you were cute. And every time you came to ask me questions, I got so unreasonably excited each time.” He squeezed her hand. “I just wanted to get to know you more. But I know I could never cross the line between student and teacher. So when I saw you tonight...I took the chance.”

Wonji didn’t think Hongbin could look cute, handsome, and hot at the same time. But he did and it sent her heart in overdrive. “I...tonight I was planning on confessing to you, to get rejected and end every one of my feelings. When I heard you reject so many girls who confess, I didn’t want to be just one of those girls, I wanted to be special to you. I...I like you, Lee Hongbin.”

Wonji could feel his hand shaking in hers, his smile overflowing with dimples, “I..like you too.”

Wonji couldn’t help the wide smile on her face matching his. This is everything she could’ve ever dreamed of. Hongbin leaned over again, pressing her lips into a slow kiss, this time she kissed back. Her heart pounding in her chest, every thought disappearing from her, all she could feel was Hongbin, his warmth and love.

Her fingers running through his soft hair and pulling his lips closer. She hasn’t felt this happy in a long time.

They don’t want to pull away anytime soon. Hongbin is the first to pull away, their lips red, thier breathing ragged. The smiles and eyes shining so brightly from the amazing moment none of them wanted to leave.

“See you in class.”

Wonji almost forgot that Hongbin was her professor, all she sees is a handsome man who she is in love with.

Wonji leaned in once more for a goodnight kiss.

Once he drove away, back in the safety of her own apartment. Wonji couldn’t help grin, still able to feel his lips on hers. She couldn’t believe her luck. Her heart still not slowing down as she replayed the events and giggled like a teenage girl. She just couldn’t help it.

Wonji is in love with her hot glasses-wearing professor, Lee Hongbin.

 


This is request was fun to write. (Epescially since I'm a huge Hongbin fan....you could probably already tell.) I actually had a bit trouble on actually writing this, even though I had the idea, so once I got the inspriation for it I wrote this whole fic in one afternoon. I wanted to at least upload one more before classes get busy. I started classes yesterday, I wasn't actually sure about them because I do have online classes but, with the floods and the hurricane weather, they had canceled schools until september but online classes I guess are working, I'm still not sure. 

I am taking a creative writing class which requries writing poems and short stories, so I probably won't be uploading anything for a long while, as I will need to focus on my classes and writing. I'm hoping to improve my writing throughout the creative writing class. Though I've been writing romance fanfics for so long and for my own original stories I love to go for more fantasty/magical/adventure genres, and it's a bit diffcult trying to figure out a short story I could write for those genres as I tend to plan the story out longer than I should. But anyway I'll do fine as long as I keep working on it, it's not due for a while now anyway. I have a poem coming up though and poems are my weakest when it comes to writing.

Anyway, I won't be uploading for a while and will probably go on a hiatus (I'm not sure). I did watch VixxLR's showcase live yesterday and I really enjoyed it and the songs all sound amazing. The music video had a bunch of sybolism and what I thought were references to Beautiful Liar that it made me want to write a huge essay of how it's a sequel to Beautiful Liar, but I recently realized that it's just the theme of calm and passion but, it looked so much like a sequel. 

I didn't plan to talk this much. Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed reading this!

I will be taking a break from uploading but, I will still probably work on and write fanfics in my free time. 

Thank you to everyone who subscribes, reads, comments, upvotes, and requests!

Comments are always welcomed at any time for any one of the oneshots!