Navi: Curiosities of the Pounding Rain

Various VIXX GIRLS AU Oneshot Collection

Curiosities of the Pounding Rain

Paring: Navi (School AU)

 

Rain poured around her, running down and dripping from the clothes that now clung to her small frame. Not even blinking as the water dripped into her upturned gaze, her dull eyes never leaving the crying sky.

 

"Are you okay?" She could hear the rain pounding against the maroon obstacle, never touching her again.

 

The worried young man beside her watched as she never showed an reaction, "Are you alright?" She never responded, "You could catch a cold like that. I....I can take you home if you want? How far away is it?"

 

The young woman's lips started to quiver at his worried deep voice, tears threatening to fall from her already red and puffy eyes. "Why do you care?"

 

The young man was taken aback for a moment at her words, "I....because I don't like seeing someone so troubled and cause themselves to get sick because of it."

 

"But...." She sniffled and turned to lock eyes with him, "....I'm just a stranger. You don't even know me."

 

He smiled softly, the young woman taken aback by his caring expression, "I've seen you in the hallways looking so lonely and without a smile. I....I've always wanted to get to know you better but I find it hard to approach you. I know you're an upperclassmen."

 

Her lips trembled again and turned her eyes up towards the sky, "You should just leave me here. I don't deserve your friend-like feelings towards me."

 

"I can't do that."

 

"Please, just leave me in peace. I want to be alone."

 

It was silent for awhile, the rain continuing to pound on the maroon umbrella. A gentle sigh left his lips, "Alright, I'll leave."

 

The next minute she found a warm hand take her small hand and wrap it around something quite heavy. As she turned and was greeted by such a warm smile from the young man, she almost felt herself lose her grip on it. "Ah! Careful!" His large warm hand wrapped around her small one as he helped her balance the umbrella, she found herself unable to look away from his friendly and warm gaze.

 

She couldn't believe any of this was happening. He took his hand away as she found her balance, finding how much she missed the calming warmth. "You should go home quickly and change out of those clothes before you catch a cold, alright?" He smiled way too brightly, his smile so bright she hardly see or even breath.

 

The young man ran ahead of her into the downpour, "Wait! Where are you going?!"

 

He grinned back at her, his eyes twinkling, "Are you worried?" He chuckled, " You can return it later, alright!"

 

Before he could run off, she yelled out, "What's your name?"

 

He stopped and turned back to her, "Wonshik, Kim Wonshik."

 

"I'm Cha Hakyeonie."

 

"Well Cha Hakyeonie, I hope to see you around more."

As she stood there in the pouring rain, her clothes clinging to her small frame, her small hands clinging to the handle of the umbrella that keeps her dry from the pounding rain. She found her eyes lit up, her heart for once light and alive, dancing in her chest to an unknown beat. Curious as to why she felt so warm all of the sudden, after having felt so cold. Maybe.....the young man held the keys to her curiosities.  

 


Thanks to everyone who reads, subscribes, comments, and requests! I was very sick last week so I couldn't update, but I'm feeling alot better now and I ended up writing this after the idea just popped up in my head and I just had to write it down. I've always ended up writing alot of angsty but happy endings (in some ways) fanfics, so I really hoped you enjoyed this one! There is a similar one (with the theme of rain) I am currently writing with the pairing Kenvi/Raven, so I hope you look forward to that! (I'm also really enjoying the comeback for Vixx and really enjoying all the amazing new songs!) I'm still currently working on requests so also look forward to those. 

Please Read!

I will still update on Saturdays but now as I am currently too busy with college work, I've decided I will update whenever I do feel like it or whenever I do have the time to do it. As final exams for college are coming up and I have to focus on that. I may not update for awhile but that all depends on how I feel. So I will still be updating on Saturday or at least once a week. Also I will only be updating with one oneshot a week, instead of two, to ease up on my school work schedule. Thank you to everyone who stopped to read this!

Comments and Requests are always welcome!