Hyukbin: Distraction (Request)

Various VIXX GIRLS AU Oneshot Collection

A beautiful laugh fluttered from her lips. Her cheeks pink and her long soft hair fluttering gently behind. The sun setting in the distance fit perfectly in this moment and Sanghyuk desperately wanted to say it.

Sanghyuk took a deep breath and turned fully towards her, “Hongbin, I need to tell you something.”

Hongbin gently smiled, “What is it?”

She looked so beautiful in this moment that he almost forgot what to say. “Hongbin, I-”

Just then two men Sanghyuk had never seen before ran up to them and Sanghyuk felt suddenly imitated by their stares.

Hongbin beamed at the two at their approach and turned back to Sanghyuk, “I’m sorry. These are my two brothers.” She leaned in to whisper, “They’re a bit over protective.”

As Hongbin leaned back with a smile, Sanghyuk met the gazes of her brothers and he knew that if he wanted to seriously date Hongbin he would need to get her brothers approvals.

“Who are you?” The brother who asked had silver hair and looked like trouble with his deep voice.

“I’m Han Sanghyuk.” He wanted to make a good first impression.

“Why are you flirting-”

Hongbin hit him on the chest before he could say anymore, “He’s just a friend. Besides I’m in college now. Stop questioning and threatening every guy I speak to.” She turned to Sanghyuk, “Don’t worry Wonshik is really just a big softy and wouldn’t even hurt a fly.”

“That's because he’s scared of them.” The quiet brother spoke up now and Sanghyuk could tell there was a slight smirk on his face as Wonshik whined about them teasing him.

Hongbin’s brothers didn’t seem that bad but maybe he would wait before he starts confessing, plus he needs some advice.


 

“Overprotective brothers?” Jaehwa questioned munching on chips.

Sanghyuk nodded as Hakyeon proceeded to hug him, “Aw, our little Sanghyuk has grown up.”

Sanghyuk finally escape from the suffocating hug, “I don’t know what to do because of it.”

“Are they hot?”

Sanghyuk arched a brow at Hakyeon, “What?”

Jaehwa threw a pillow at her, “All you think about is hot guys.”

Hakyeon threw the pillow right back, “Well all you think about is anime guys.”

Jaehwa pouted, “That is not true.”

Sanghyuk sighed as the argument went on for quite some time.


 

Hongbin hummed softly as she strummed her guitar, she sat comfortably on her bed as she looked over the sheets placed in front of her. Suddenly she thought of today, how Sanghyuk had looked so handsome and had gotten disappointed when her brothers interrupted such a beautiful and hopeful moment. She has to do something about them. Hongbin smirked, maybe if they become distracted she can finally get a boyfriend herself.


 

“Fine I’ll show you I can get a boyfriend.” Jaehwa turned to Sanghyuk, “Hey, can you introduce me to one of her brothers. I can get a boyfriend and help you at the same time.”

Hakyeon chuckled,  “And you’re sure you’ll be able to ask one of them out.”

Jaehwa clicked her tongue, “I’m actually confident about my abilities.”

“Okay then let’s see who can ask out one the fastest. The loser gets to do what the winner wants.”

“Deal.”

Sanghyuk did not know how it turned into a competition but as long they kept the brothers occupied he wouldn’t question it.


 

Hongbin glanced around at the crowds passing by on the streets. Upon seeing Sanghyuk, her face lit up instantly and she began to wave him over. That is, until she saw two older women following him. Hongbin felt something bitter stir inside her at the sight.

Sanghyuk stopped in front of her, “Hey.”

Hongbin looked back up at him and her heart stuttered. Sanghyuk had dressed up neatly for their outing. To avoid him noticing her bright burning cheeks she turned her gaze to the two women who had stopped a few feet away from them and who were whispering and glancing over at them.

Sanghyuk noticed, “Ah, those are my older sisters. They wanted to come with me today.”

Hongbin frowned softly, “Ah, I see.”

Sanghyuk glanced around, “Your brothers aren’t around today?”

“Well….” She began to smile, “...I kind of ditched them at the local arcade so I could hang out with you.” She smiled sweetly and leaned up to whisper in his ear, “You want to ditch your sisters too?”

Sanghyuk grinned, his heart going a mile a minute, “Sure.”

Stepping back, Hongbin grabbed his hand and the next moment they were running through the streets together. Sanghyuk had never felt so happy in his life.

Jaehwa sighed, “Young love…”

“I don’t approve.” Hakyeon said, crossing her arms.

Jaehwa turned to her sister, “Why not? She is beautiful and Sanghyuk likes her.”

Hakyeon huffed, “She didn’t even come to greet us.”

Jaehwa chuckled, “You’re too stuck up.”

Hakyeon frowned, “I’m not! Also those brothers Sanghyuk mentioned didn’t even show up.”

Someone tapped on her shoulder, “Excuse me.” The soft voice made them turn to see two tall good looking guys. The one with a blank soft face spoke in a soft voice to them, “Have you seen-”

“It’s Taekwoon!” Hakyeon immediately clung onto him and starting grinning. “It’s been so long! How have you been?”

Taekwoon made her step back, “Good.”

Jaehwa raised her eyebrow, “You know each other?”

“Yeah! Taekwoon was my best bud in high school. You didn’t tell me you were back.” Hakyeon grinned up at him.

Taekwoon looked away, “There’s a good reason for that.”

“Anyway…” the rough guy spoke up, “...we are looking for our sister. She’s really pretty like a flower and has dimples.”

Jaehwa blinked, “That could be anyone.”

Hakyeon looked back up at Taekwoon, who was keeping her at arm's length, “You didn’t tell me you had a brother or sister.”

“I didn’t need to.”

Hakyeon whined, “You’re so mean, Taekwoon. What happened to us being friends?!”

Jaehwa looked back at Taekwoon’s brother, “We could help you find her. We have nothing to do and I expect Hakyeon wants to catch up with her ‘best bud’.”

Hakyeon giggled as she hugged Taekwoon. “I guess so. My name is Wonshik.”

“Jaehwa.” They shook hands. “So what’s your sister’s name?”

“Hongbin. She’s a college student.”

Jaehwa and Hakyeon exchanged a look. Jaehwa’s lips spread into a grin, “I’m sure she’s fine.”

Hakyeon begin to pull Taekwoon to the nearest restaurant. “Come on, let’s eat and catch up, Taekwoon.”

The two of them stood there watching them. Wonshik glanced over at her, “Can I ask you something?”

“What is it?”

Wonshik looked away, “....Never mind.” He walked after them with a grinning Jaehwa following just behind.


 

Sanghyuk looked down at his phone and read the text Jaehwa had just sent, “Hey, we’re with Hongbin’s brothers right now. Turns out one of them is Hakyeon’s best bud from high school. She’s so attached to him it’s crazy. The other brother is quite cute and handsome. Anyway, good luck on your date.”

Sanghyuk blushed softly at the word ‘date’ and placed his phone back in his pocket.

Just then, Hongbin ran up to him holding two ice cream cones. Her long brown hair flowed softly in the wind and her dimples and sunny smile sent his heart pounding even faster than before. He wanted to pull her in and kiss her dazzling lips in that moment.

She giggled as she sat beside him on the park bench. Their fingers touched as she handed him his own ice cream. Sanghyuk was grateful to his sisters that he could have meet Hongbin today without any distractions.

“It’s so much fun, isn’t it?”

Sanghyuk turned to her, “What is?”

Hongbin giggled again and Sanghyuk blushed from sitting so close to her. “Having the fun moments in life where you could do as you please without anyone saying no.” She sighed watching her ice cream, “My brothers have always restricted me from a lot of things and even after I’ve become a free adult they still do it. I wish they would see I’m still not a little girl anymore. I’m full grown adult that can take care of myself.”

Sanghyuk tried to pick his words carefully, “My two older sisters aren’t as strict as yours. But Hakyeon still dotes on me and thinks I’m still just a innocent baby, so I can see your point. Though if I had a younger sibling I would probably want them to stay innocent as well.”

Sanghyuk watched as Hongbin’s lips begin to lift up, “Yeah, I probably would too. But restricting my own choice in love is way too much.”

“Yeah, it is.”

They quieted down as they ate their ice cream and relaxed as they enjoyed the gentle breeze. Gazing up at the sky, Sanghyuk wondered what if Hongbin has someone she likes already. A short while later, they had finished their ice creams and begin to take a walk through the park. Hongbin stopped every once in awhile to capture moments on her camera. Once asking someone to take their picture. Sanghyuk had begun to think this was a date and it felt comfortable just being with her with care in the world.

Hongbin focused in on a flower, “This is nice isn’t?” She snapped the picture then stood up to face him with a sunny smile, “Better than walking through the city with stuffy crowds and shops.”

Sanghyuk smiled and agreed, “Yeah this is a lot better.” Especially when it’s with you. Throughout the whole day Sanghyuk had gotten to know her better than he had in the past two years and he wanted to know even more about her.

A little while later, they sat beneath the shade of a tree. Hongbin fumbling with her camera while Sanghyuk wondered when he would find the chance to ask her. “Sanghyuk?” Hongbin was the one who spoke first. She kept her eyes on her camera as he turned his attention towards her. “Do you…” She stopped, nervously biting her lip. Hongbin gently sat her camera down on the ground and looked up at him with nervous shaking eyes, “Do you think we could hang out like this again?....Not...n-ot like as….friends but as…”

She trailed off and both of their faces redden as he got what she was trying to say. He never would’ve thought she would say it first. “I would love to.” They were both smiling brightly and Hongbin really couldn’t resist leaning up to leave a small kiss on his lips. Leaning back, Sanghyuk couldn’t describe the feeling he felt when seeing Hongbin so cutely embarrassed. He love every bit of everything about her and he hoped to show her brothers how much he is willing to take care of her.



The day I got this request I immediately started writing it. I really enjoyed writing this request. And I will be, hopefully, working on the rest of the requests I have left. I hoped you all enjoyed reading!

Thank you to everyone who subscribes, reads, requests, and comments!

Comments and requests are always welcome!