Wontaek: Pleasant Conversation

Various VIXX GIRLS AU Oneshot Collection

Taekwoon scanned the massive crowd searching for any sign of Hakyeon. She can’t believe Hakyeon would just leave her all alone when she knows she can’t deal with crowds. She leaned up against a wall, trying to avoid any contact with others when she mistakenly caught gazes with a handsome guy. His muscular arms visible from wearing a black tank top and tattoos clearly visible. He almost looked like the kind of person she would avoid. Taekwoon turned away from the gaze. Not a moment later, she got a tap on her shoulder. Looking back the same guy smiled down at her.

“Hey.” Up close he didn’t look half-bad with his sleepy looking eyes. “What’s your name?” The question seemed typical and Taekwoon almost ignored him if she was not bored and trapped between him and the wall. She fished out her small notebook that she carries around with her for times like this.

‘Jung Taekwoon’.

The guy looked down at the notebook curiously and then back up at her. “My name is Kim Wonshik.” He smiled and Taekwoon was caught off guard by it. Usually people would be asking why she isn’t talking by now. “Is it too loud in here? Should we go somewhere quieter to talk?” Taekwoon almost rejected the offer but, he seemed nice and she did want to get away from the loud music. She nodded and Wonshik begin to lead her towards the front door.

Outside the stars shone brightly as they sat on the edge of the porch. The booming of the music and laughter could be heard behind them, but now it seemed a lot less stressful being outside in the warm air where everything seemed peaceful again.

“So how old are you?”

Taekwoon wrote down a number and showed him. Taekwoon couldn’t deny that she liked the way his eyes crinkled up in amusement, “Ah, you’re three years older than me. I never would’ve thought.”

Taekwoon wondered where he was going with this casual conversation and being so nice to her, he didn’t seem like the type. ‘Why are you being so nice?’

He stared up at the sky touching his ear as if it was a nervous habit of his, “You seemed lonely all by yourself so I thought maybe it would be nice to talk to you.” He glanced her way and begin to stutter, “Act-actually, I’m shy around girls.” He talked slowly as if thinking before he spoke and she began to notice all his small nervous habits.

A small smile formed on her lips, he seemed genuine in his feelings. ‘You don’t seem that shy.’

“Ah, really? I guess it’s because…..I haven’t talked to a girl like you before. It’s more peaceful than my other attempts.”

‘I’m guessing they were a bit hard on you?’

He chuckled, “Yeah, I blank out a lot when talking to them and then they just leave.” He paused, “I’m not boring you am I?”

Taekwoon shook her head, ‘No, I much rather prefer this than being inside.’

He grinned and Taekwoon could feel her cheeks heat up, “It’s nice, isn’t it? A perfect night to take a walk. Would you like to join me?”

Taekwoon looked down at her lap to hide the blush. She wrote up a reply, ‘If you insist. As long as we don’t stray too far from the house. My friend might panic when she can’t find me.’

Wonshik agreed and soon they were both walking beside each other. The warm air and the constant warm presence of him beside her didn’t help the constant pounding of her heart.

“So what are you majoring in?”

‘Music composition.’

“Oh, me too! I’m still new at it but it’s been interesting so far. What do you like about it?”

‘Music helps me express myself better when I can’t openly communicate with others well.’

“I see.” Taekwoon was afraid he would ask or he would say something to encourage her to talk when she wasn’t comfortable enough yet, when he avoided the topic right away. “So is your friend in music composition too?”

Taekwoon shook her head, ‘She’s a dancer.’

“Ah, I see. It’s nice to have friends.”

After that they spent the rest of the walk in silence and for once, Taekwoon didn’t feel as anxious around this stranger she has only know for a hour. Nearing the house, Taekwoon spotted Hakyeon outside. Taekwoon stopped not wanting Hakyeon to see her with Wonshik. ‘I have to go now.’

Taekwoon wouldn’t forget the disappointment in his eyes, “I had a lot fun talking to you. Do you think….” He paused again, “....we could talk like this again?”

Taekwoon blushed brighter and her heart pounded at the thought. A handsome nice guy wants to talk her again? She knew she couldn’t pass this opportunity up and they exchanged numbers.

Leaving the party with Hakyeon, she couldn’t stop think about Wonshik and the nice night. She couldn’t wait to see him again. Taekwoon silently thanked Hakyeon for taking her to the party.


I’ve always wanted to write a fic like this but, was always stuck because it’s a bit personal for me. I have never had an romantic experience like this myself (it would be a miracle if I ever did). But I wrote this Taekwoon as having selective mutism, which I have personally. You can always research about it yourself but basically it’s when you can’t talk in certain situations. I would go into more detail but, I probably shouldn’t. I just thought it would fit as a wontaek fic. And this is purely based on my own experience with it, though it’s different for everyone.

Anyway, I hoped you enjoyed reading!

Comments are always appreciated!

Thank you to everyone who reads, comments, subscribes, and requests!