Wontaek: Recording Session: Part 1

Various VIXX GIRLS AU Oneshot Collection

Wontaek: Recording Session: Part 1

 

 

His eyes stare right into her heart. An unforgettable pounding starting within. She thought it was over, that she wouldn't be able to feel anything anymore. So why is she so nervous?

 

Her shaky tone didn't help as she let her lyrical voice out to sing to the lyrics, to the tune. No, it was his lyrics and his tune.

 

His gentle fingers quickly hit the button. Leoni could she the disappointment in his eyes. "Relax, Leoni."

 

And just with that one word, her eyes begin to search his face for any trace of comfort but there was none. The music started once again and her voice came out sharper than before. But it was never enough for him. Ravi had always been picky when it came to his music.

 

Leoni watch quietly from behind the glass as Ravi talked with another person. She knew she would be here for a long while, but she didn't really mind. It had been while since a wall of glass had separated them, it had been while since she heard his voice and seen him so well rested.

 

A lot has changed in these past 2 years since they had last spoken. It was too bad Ravi had grown even more handsome, it made it harder for her to approach him.

 

Around the 7th time of Ravi stopping her to correct her on the recording, the door to the recording room opened with a bang.

 

A chubby guy wearing glasses and black curly hair strolled in munching on a chip bag. Ravi snapped around at the noise, "Jaehwan-hyung, please don't disrupt me during working hours."

 

Jaehwan froze and looked around at the staff staring at him. He waved cutely, "Hello, sorry for bothering you. I'll just be back here sitting quietly if you need me." He sat on a couch in the back, still munching his chips, as he watched them.

 

Leoni didn't like him one bit, he gave off an uneasy feeling to her. "Are you ready, Leoni?" She was brought back to the present, placing her headphones back on her ears she nodded.

 

Han Sanghee, Leoni's manager, sighed heavily at the singer's nervousness when it came to Ravi. She has been Leoni's manager long enough to know what had happened between the two, but the shy and serious Leoni is not acting like herself today.

 

Sanghee looked down to scroll through the daily schedule and watching the time constantly. "Hey." She ignored the whisper, "Hey, you're really pretty." Sanghee made a disgusted face at Lee Jaehwan, a.k.a Ravi's best friend, who is an author of some web comic about a robot named Rovix and six superheroes. She has met Jaehwan a couple of times through connections with Ravi but she still can't believe the guy still tries to flirt with her.

 

"And your an idiot!" She whispered harshly back only to be replied by a small cheery laugh.

 

"Han Sanghee, I know you like me~!" He pointed at her while making a cute voice.

 

Sanghee groaned she despised these kinds of things, "Lee Jaehwan, I could care less about you right now." She check the time again noticing that she'll be stuck with Jaehwan for the next few hours. Sanghee groaned at the thought.

 

"Sorry I'm late!" A voice chimed happily once the door had opened again and in stepped in N-mi, another artist who was to be collaborating with Leoni. Along with the pretty artist came the handsome actor, Lee Hongbin, who has rumored to be dating N-mi. Of course, the two deny it but everyone knows it's the truth. The two walk in hand-in-hand and Leoni perks up at her entrance.

 

Ravi slowly stares at her with a stern expression, "N-mi, this isn't just for fun. You can’t skip out and come in wherever you want. Do you want me to tell everybody about your love life?" The producer looked down at their joined hands, the obvious couple instantly let go and turned an unusual shade of red.

 

"I have to go now, N-mi. Call me later?" Hongbin spoke softly and N-mi just lit up her shining grin and nodded to him, whispering something back to him as he left.

 

Leoni watched the interaction from behind the glass window. A sudden feeling of emptiness snuck up on her as she remembered how it felt to hold hands with a loved one. N-mi sure is lucky.

 

The said female bounced happily into the room. Leoni couldn't help returning her smile,  N-mi is an old same age friend of hers, no matter how much the two were polar opposites. N-mi had brains, beauty, and the strength. Leoni admired N-mi's confidence in everything she does, she was the one who had helped Leoni through her troubling past and has been encouraging to her ever since. The two have been through everything together and now their dream of being able to sing together is finally coming true.

 

That's why Leoni knew what was coming when N-mi lowered her voice, "Are you alright?" The younger girl only nodded to her friend, N-mi had been there two years ago when the split happened and knows how much it affects her to this day. But she will stay strong and fight through it together with N-mi by her side.

 

Leoni only gave her a short nod with a soft smile and N-mi just patted her shoulder in an understanding way before placing the headphones on and turning towards Ravi, "We're ready."

 

Leoni placed the headphones on top of her head. "Okay. 3....2...1..".

 

A soothing tune filled their ears.

 


 

“You were really great today, Hakyeon.” Leoni spoke softly from the other side of the table.

 

N-mi placed down her glass, “You really think so?”

 

Leoni nodded turning the meat over as they cooked. “Your voice was amazingly clear today.”

 

N-mi raised an eyebrow at her friend and leaned in closer to her, “Taekwoon, you're not upset and jealous that I didn’t get any complaints from Ravi and you happened to get scolded the most?”

 

She watched as Taekwoon silently slowed down until she stopped all together, staring at the sizzling meat as she became lost in thought.

 

N-mi let out a heavy sigh, “Taekwoon, I know how much you loved him but you got to let him go already. It’s been two years now and I still can’t believe you are still hung up on that jerk.”

 

“Wonshik isn’t a jerk.”

 

N-mi frowned, “After everything you still believe that he isn’t. I’m sorry, Taekwoon.”

 

The long silence rapidly developed between them as they ate their meal together in a now tense atmosphere.

 

N-mi really thought she knew what was best for her friend but Taekwoon knew the real truth. In those shining starlight nights with only his gentle words and soft, lovely eyes full of affection and promises. In those moments Taekwoon had known the true Wonshik, the gentle one and clumsy one, that hid behind an cool and serious mask. She had been the only one to break down his walls while he was the first guy to see her genuine and radiant smile. She had thought he had been the one, the one that would be able to gently hold her heart in his hands for all eternity. She had been so naive that she never thought the day he would leave her and become so cold to her would come.

 

But no matter how hard the people close to her pointed out his flaws and told her to look at all the times he had been a jerk to her. She could only remember the warm starry nights where they could reveal their true selves to each other and believe their love was right.

 


 

Taekwoon blinked slowly up at the rainy sky thinking back to when times were different, when a warm hand held hers and protected her from the rain that poured down. N-mi had gone home for the night and her apartment happened to be close to the restaurant where they ate, she had invited Taekwoon to spend the night.

 

But Taekwoon had only to decline because then her little kitty would be all scared and alone and she couldn’t let that happen.

 

Rapid footsteps neared the bus stop that she had to be under and she looked over to spot the approaching figure. He stopped right beside her, drenched from the rain and taking deep breaths as he hunched over, appearing to have ran for cover.

 

Taekwoon’s eyes widen as she realized who the man really was. He looked up a second later catching her eyes as her heart skipped a beat. She looked away almost immediately as Wonshik straightened up avoiding to even glance in her direction. A heavy atmosphere settled between them and Taekwoon wondered how everything had gone wrong.

 


 

Wonshik lightly bit his lip, touching the back of his ear nervously. It had been two long years since the two of them had been in such close proximity to each other without others around.

 

He softly glanced to his right, watching as the older girl stared up at the crying sky with deep brown eyes. He had missed those calm and beautiful eyes of hers.

 

Wonshik looked away trying to calm his racing pulse and remind himself that they were over, they weren’t together anymore. Even if his heart ached at the thought nothing could be changed.

 

Wonshik looked at his watch and wondered why the bus was so late. He felt restless and uneasy just being alone with her. And he felt like he might spout out something in a second that he never wanted to be said.

 

“You are doing well, I see.” Her soft gentle voice was the first to break through the silence of the pounding rain. He looked over to her again noticing that she hasn’t even took one glance away from the sky.

 

He looked away, down at the ground in front of him watching as puddles formed in the streets. “Yeah, I am. I suppose you are doing well too.”

 

Wonshik didn’t have to look to know that she only gave a silent nod, he knew her too well.

 

“Why does the sky cry? Maybe it’s because the sky is sad, sad that the most important thing in their lives is leaving them.”

 

Wonshik felt pain in his heart from her words. He had never wanted to leave her but he had no choice. “Taek-”

 

She turned to him with a sad smile, watching one tear glide down her soft cheek. “Goodbye, Wonshik.”

 

The bus pulled up at just that moment. Thier eyes met for just a second before Taekwoon boarded the bus. Wonshik stood still knowing he could never go after her not after those words. He silently watched as the bus moved into the distance. Silent tears blurring his vision.

 

Taekwoon had said goodbye to him. That was all it took for Wonshik to remember that day he had left her. She had cried silently and had never begged him to stay. He had treated her so coldly that day. But she would never know the intense pain he felt leaving her knowing she would come to despise or hate him and never want to see him again. After two years, Taekwoon finally has let go of her feelings. And he should do the same.

 

“Jaehwan, can you come pick me up. I’m staying over at your house tonight.”

 


 

Jaehwan frowned as he watched his best friend, Wonshik, knock back another drink. It was obvious the other was feeling down from meeting Taekwoon face to face after all this time but to be drinking this much, Jaehwan wonders if something had happened between the two.

 

“Wonshik, is this about Taekwoon?”

 

Jaehwan watched as Wonshik slowly placed his cup down. It was almost as if Wonshik had no life left in him. “She told me goodbye.”

 

The house almost became as still and quiet as the sudden statement ran through their minds. “Didn't you guys break up two years ago. Why would you be depressed about something like that now?”

 

Jaehwan wasn’t stupid he knew Wonshik still loved Taekwoon dearly. That’s why he came to support his friend in the studio earlier that day, even when his own deadline for his comic was coming up fast.

 

“I….I still have feelings for her, Jaehwan. She was my only one. The one that I was going to marry and live happily ever after with. It’s my own fault….I’m the one who caused all this.” Wonshik said as he wept.

 

Jaehwa suddenly felt bad but also was confused. He had known the two had broke up but he hadn’t known under what circumstances that they had to. He had always thought Taekwoon was the one to break up when Wonshik came to him and cried his heart out. But he just couldn’t believe it was Wonshik who had started this whole mess.

 

“Idiot, why would you go and break up with her? You two were made for each other.” Jaehwan muttered quietly as Wonshik continued to weep.

 

Jaehwan hugged his friend close to him. Knowing that whatever had made Wonshik give up the love of his life, it had to be something serious.

 


 

Taekwoon stared out the window watching as the droplets slid down the window pane. She curled up more, placing her head on her arms as she let out a long sigh.

 

“Meow?”

 

Her little gray kitty meowed worriedly at her from beside her and Taekwoon found herself letting out a light chuckle, “I’m alright.” She moved sitting cross-legged to let her little kitty lay comfortably on her lap.

 

As she softly her cat she let out a purr. Taekwoon smiled at that, her cat really was trying to help her feel better.

 

As the rain begin to pour down much more her cat looked up at the window. A second later Taekwoon found her pawing at the window. Letting out a giggle, “Do you like the sound of the rain?”


Her cat responded with her own delightful purr. Taekwoon gazed out into the rain again with sad eyes and a sad smile, “Wonshik, had always liked the rain too.”


 

Thanks to all the readers, commenters, subscribers, and requesters! I originally wrote this as an idea I got from a certain drama I had watched. I hope you all really enjoyed reading this! (I really enjoyed writing this myself!)

 

Comments and Requests are always welcome!

 

Preview to next Part: Wontaek: Recording Sessions: Part 2

 

Hakyeon placed her hand gently on where Hongbin’s laid at her waist. “Promise me you won’t ever leave me.” Her voice was so smooth and so soft, and Hongbin could hear the slight fear she had of their future.

 

He turned her around in his arms to face him, giving her a sweet smile. Their lips just a breath away, “I won’t ever leave you. I love you too much.”

 

Jaehwan watched quietly as his friend snored loudly on his own bed. His mind cycling through all the things that he just figured out recently. He has to do something about this or it’ll only become worse.

 

“Sanghee, I need to ask you for a favor.”