Navi, Kenbin: Family (Request)

Various VIXX GIRLS AU Oneshot Collection

 

Request for Navi gets married.

 

Wonshik parents were against them at first. Marrying a women who had already been married and divorce and has a child was a traditional disgrace to the family. But times had changed.

 

Despite the protests from his family, the marriage worked out and now Wonshik has a loving wife and a son, Sanghyuk, with his first child with Hakyeon on the way. Wonshik really couldn’t be happier.

 

Wonshik hummed softly as he typed, his mind started to wander and he couldn’t wait to get home.

 

A hand clapped down onto his shoulder and Wonshik jumped, looking up to see Jaehwan, his boss, grinning down at him. “I heard you’re going to have a child. Congratulations.”

 

Wonshik eyes shined with happiness, he still couldn’t believe it was happening. “Thank you.”

 

“Starting today, you can start going home early. There’s not much work to be done and I know how difficult it is to take care of a pregnant wife.”

 

Wonshik smiled, “Thank you, Jaehwan. It’s a little strange...worrying so much over her.”

 

Jaehwan chuckled, “I always knew you would make a great family man.”

 

“How is it with Hongbin?”

 

“It’s still the same. We both love each other very much but, I don’t think I could stomach another meal from her. Ah, but Taekwoon is growing up to be really cute. Taekwoon and Sanghyuk are around the same age, right? We all should get together some time.”

 

“That sounds great. I’ll ask Hakyeon tonight about it.”

 

Jaehwan patted his shoulder, “You're a great friend, Wonshik.”

 

Wonshik smiled as Jaehwan walked away and he turned to get back to his work. He really couldn’t wait to get home.

 


 

Hakyeon paused in the middle of eating. “The Lee family?”

 

Wonshik nodded happily, “Yeah, we haven't seen them in a while. Jaehwan and I talked about us all getting together some time.”

 

Hakyeon smiled excitedly. The bright smile sending butterflies fluttering in his chest. “I haven’t seen Hongbin in forever. And I bet Sanghyuk wouldn’t mind a playmate. I think tomorrow would be a excellent day to invite them over. Perfect weather and there’s no work tomorrow.”

 

Sanghyuk, six years old, looked up from poking at his vegetables, “Who?”

 

“You probably wouldn't remember them. The Lee family is friends of ours and they have a daughter the same age as you. So I want you to be nice and make friends with her.” Just as Hakyeon said that she looked down at his plate and then back up into his eyes sternly. “Kim Sanghyuk, you are not leaving this table until you have eaten your vegetables.”

 

Sanghyuk pouted, “But I don’t want to.”

 

As Hakyeon continued to gently scold Sanghyuk and try to get him to eat his veggies, Wonshik begin to look upon the scene with warmth. It was nice having a family.

 


 

Just as Hakyeon swung open the front door to greet her visitors, she was enveloped into a hug by Hongbin. “It’s so good to see you again, Hakyeon.”

 

Hakyeon chuckled softly, patting the younger woman’s back, “It’s good to see you too.” Jaehwan walked past the two with Taekwoon in tow to greet Wonshik.

 

Hongbin pulled back to face her friend with a wide grin. “Congratulations on your new baby.”

 

“Thank you.” Hakyeon smiled softly, laying her hands across her stomach. “Wonshik is a wonderful father. He does so well with Sanghyuk. It makes me happy to have my second child with him.”

 

Hongbin nodded, “Wonshik does seem like the perfect husband. Unlike my husband, who didn’t want me to bring food over for dinner. All because he can’t stand my cooking.”

 

Hakyeon laughed, “But you love him.”

 

Hongbin’s stern face turned soft, “Yeah, I do love him.”

 

The women turned to their husbands who are talking to each other across the way. Taekwoon hugging her father’s leg as she shyly hid from a curious Sanghyuk. Both of the woman laughed at the sight.

 

“I see Taekwoon is still shy.”

 

Hongbin nodded, “Yeah, I thought maybe making friends with someone her age would be good for her.”

 

“Though, Sanghyuk is a little bit of a trouble maker.”

 

“I’m sure she’ll be fine.”

 

The silence between them went on for quite a bit.

 

“What do you mean trouble maker?” Hongbin questioned.

 


Hongbin ended up helping Hakyeon to cook dinner while Wonshik and Jaehwan entertained the kids. After that they all settled down to eat.

Hongbin spoke up suddenly, “Next time, I’ll bring some gifts for the new baby. I kind of feel bad for coming over empty handed.

“No, it’s alright. You did enough tonight helping out with the cooking.” Hakyeon replied.

Jaehwan cut into the conversation, “It’s the least we could do to congratulate you both. We’re friends, aren’t we? Besides I don’t want to see such a generous offer go to waste.”

Wonshik smiled and held Hakyeon’s hand, “We would gladly accept your gifts.

Hakyeon smiled gratefully at the other couple and glanced over to her son. Sanghyuk was carefully putting his vegetables on Taekwoon’s plate, as the little girl innocently watched.

 

“Sanghyuk.” Hakyeon started sternly, she didn’t want to scold her son in front of guests but he least needed to know his manners. “Why are you giving your vegetables to Taekwoon?”

 

Sanghyuk looked up at his mother, “I didn’t want my vegetables and Taekwoon wanted some more, so I gave her some of my mine.” He went back to eating and Hakyeon was surprised to see him eating his veggies. Maybe him being friends with Taekwoon wouldn’t be that bad.

 

Hakyeon smiled at the other couple, “You should bring Taekwoon over more often.”

 

Hongbin grinned, “Like play dates?”

 

“Sure!”

 

Laughs and giggles spread through the air as the dinner continued on. Wonshik really couldn’t be happier.  

 


 

This was a Request for Navi gets Married. I’ve been trying to write this request for a while now but, I kept getting stuck on my initial plan of writing a wedding ceremony fic for Navi. And lately I’ve been wanting to write family type fics so I decided on this. It might not be what you were thinking of when you requested this but, they do get married, so it’s still in the request limits (I think....). Also I don't why there's not that many scenes between the pairs, I just wrote it out and it became like this.

 

I hope you all enjoyed reading it!

 

Thank you to everyone who reads, comments, and subscribes!

 

Comments are always welcomed at anytime!