Hyukvi: The Steps Until Our Love Ends

Various VIXX GIRLS AU Oneshot Collection

Based on Almost There by: Vixx

 

The first time Sanghee saw him. She had escaped the blistering heat outside into the cool air of a ice cream shop.

After ordering her own cool sweet treat, Sanghee searched for a empty seat. The only one left was across the table from a young man. He looked rough in appearance from the hat and clothes he wore. He was focused upon the laptop sitting in front of him, headphones in his ears.

For a second she thought of just standing or sitting outside. But the thought of the heat and her aching legs, at walking around for too long, brought her over to the man’s table.

Seeing him up close, he didn't look half bad with his sleepy eyes. Sanghee tapped his shoulder to get his attention. “Is this seat taken?”

He looked surprised and sat up straighter, “Ah, No. It’s not.” His voice was deep and it made her blush a tiny bit. He was actually handsome up close.

She sat across from him, taking bites of her ice cream as she watched him with interest. The man kept staring at his computer, but it was obvious he was distracted as his ears grew red.

A few minutes later, he looked up to lock eyes with her. He hesitated to say something. His cheeks grew red and he looked back down at his screen without a word.

Sanghee laughed a little under breath, thinking about how cute he is. She leaned forward on the table, “What are you working on?”

“Ah….Well...I’m working on lyrics for a song.”

“That’s cool! Are you a composer?”

He begin to touch his ear, “I’m an aspiring composer. I haven’t found any jobs yet, so I work on my own songs on the side.”

“What kind of songs?”

“....Rap.”

Sanghee nods, “Well it does fit your image…”

“Image?”

“I’m Han Sanghee. I’m still a college student that still doesn’t know what to do with her life.” She chuckled.

“I’m Kim Wonshik. I’m sure you’ll figure out something.”

“Wonshik really doesn’t fit you at all.”

“I know. When I go into composing, I’m going to go by Ravi instead.”

“Ravi?”

Wonshik smiled, “It means ‘enchanting’ in French.”

Sanghee took another bite of her ice cream, “You’re interesting.”

“Really?”

They ended up talking until the last rays of the sun were gone in the sky.

Wonshik offered to drive her home that night. The stars shining brightly above the city lights, reflected both of their hearts.

Before Wonshik left Sanghee asked him out on a real date. Sanghee enjoyed watching him flustered over her bold move, but he eventually agreed.

Their first date wasn’t anything special. A dinner and a movie. But to them it felt magical, those hours just being together. They forgot about all their worries and anyone else in the world.

They would go on several dates after that. The magical feeling never dying in their hearts. Sanghee was the first one to make the move to kiss him.

Wonshik loved how bold she was and Sanghee loved how sweet Wonshik could be.

Later into their relationship, they began to cuddle more and watch movies late at night in their own apartments.

In between Wonshik’s strong arms and warmth. Sanghee would believe this love could last forever.

It was one year after they met, Sanghee had decided to study music. Wonshik had gotten her interested and he helped when he could.

A few months later, they moved in together so they could see each other more often. Wonshik had finally made it into the composing world a few weeks back. And Sanghee had been too busy with her studies to take on any part time jobs.

As the weeks and months rolled on, Wonshik began to come back later and later. Sanghee always stayed up late studying to wait for him. Sometimes she would miss him or wake up in the middle of the night to find him asleep with her in his arms.

They became so busy, even the planned dinners and dates begin to fall apart. Sanghee continued to hope that what they had was still there and cherished the moments when they finally got time alone, even if it was for just a few seconds.

Wonshik composed a big hit and to celebrate he took her to dinner with all the money he earned.

In two years, Sanghee would’ve never thought she would have such a sweet boyfriend with such a job like this. That night they celebrated with more than just champagne and reconfirmed their love for each other.

It was a few months later, when Sanghee got accepted into a company as a trainee. She became even more busier with late night trainings.

They began to miss each other every time they came home. Always finding notes to each other. But….it started to not feel right anymore.

Whenever they got time off to see each other. Wonshik wasn’t the same anymore. He began to stay cooped up in his studio. Their dates consisted of eating and watching Wonshik work in the studio. He barely even noticed she was there.

Three years into their relationship, Sanghee finally broke it off. She had loved Wonshik but, now all he loved was his work. He didn’t care for her anymore.

He began to make excuses, telling her not to leave him. But all she could see is his cold eyes. Wonshik needed her comfort but she didn’t need his now cold embrace.

With every tear she shed over the next few days, she worked even harder for the dream Wonshik made her realize. She wanted to be a singer. She wanted to sing the songs that people put so much work into, as Wonshik had. She wanted to encourage people to work for their dreams and to know that love doesn’t last forever.

It’s been a few years since the break up. She still sees Wonshik in the recording studios. He still hesitates to talk to her, just like he did when they first met. But now it’s not cute anymore. She resents him in hurting her, but she can't hate him. She stays professional in her talks with him and they never mention their past. No one knows except them. She still hears him over the radio when he comes out with a new song. Sanghee still supports him by buying, she can’t let his efforts go to waste.

However, their eternal love has ended. They will never be the same. But Sanghee is happy at knowing that at least he is well.


I was listening to Almost There and reading the lyrics and I got this idea. I wanted to write a break up fic and the song lyrics inspired me to write this. Almost There is also my favorite vixx song and I put it on repeat while writing this. (I never get tired of listening to it.) Also I have been wanting to write more of other pairings that I don’t write as much.

I hope you all enjoyed reading!

Thank you to everyone who reads, comments, subscribes, upvotes, and requests!

Comments are always welcomed!