Leobin: The Way You Smile (Leobin Request)

Various VIXX GIRLS AU Oneshot Collection

The Way You Smile

(Photographer AU)

(Leobin awkward meeting request)

 

"Hey, watch where you're going!"

 

The young woman barely had time to apologize as she clutched her bag and rushed towards the building in the distance.

 

Hard eyes stared down at her, people murmuring and glancing to them. "You're late, rookie."

 

Hongbinnie let out short breaths bowing to one of the workers, "I apologize. It won't happen again."

 

He just silently glared and walked off, leaving her to the chaos that erupted around her.

 

First day on the job and she was already feeling stressed. "Lee Hongbinnie, am I correct?" A young tanned woman excitedly asked with a bright smile, a expensive camera hanging from her neck.

 

"Ah, yes! I'm Lee Hongbinnie! It's nice to meet you!" She bowed.

 

The other waved her simple gesture off with a smile, "Don't bother doing that, it's awkward. I'm Cha Hakyeonie, I'm going to be your mentor in this business. We're going to be working together from now on, so try not to be so stiff around me. You can call me Unnie or Hakyeonie and I'll call you Hongbinnie. Deal!"

 

The older stuck out her hand and the younger let a wide smile break out on her face as she took her offered hand, "Deal!" This job isn't going to be so bad after all.

 

Hakyeonie took her over to one of the sets. Hongbinnie gazed around amazed at the simple but elegant set up she only seen in pictures and on tv. The white background with various lights to capture different poses and lighting. Seeing it all just made her even more excited.

 

"Now for your first work experience, we'll be photographing this hot new group. They only just debuted but they have all the girls falling for them." Hakyeonie pulled up a photo on her phone to show her. Two males popped on the screen, one wore white and blonde hair while the other contrasted by wearing black with black hair. "The group is called LR. This one is Leo," she pointed to the male dressed in black, "He's the oldest, leader, and vocal of the group. While Ravi," she pointed to the male dressed in white, "is the rapper and youngest of the group."

 

"As you can see their styles are contrasting." Hongbinnie nodded, focusing on the details a little too much, "it's part of their concept on Beautiful Liar. In which, Leo is the beautiful liar. Because even though he still has feelings for the girl he doesn't run after her when she leaves. While Ravi is the feeling inside of him that wants her to stay. If Leo were to give in to that feeling it may hurt her so he ends fighting it and winning, even though it hurts in the process. It's a great song also and the camerawork I think is really amazing in the music video. You should watch it sometime."

 

The older smiled at her as she turned off her phone and placed it on the desk. "Do you have anymore questions?"

 

She nodded,"what is the theme for today's session?"

 

Hakyeonie looked around, "The theme for today is 'fall love'. Fall is a season of longing and loneliness. So I thought it would fit their concept in a way. Like the girl has now left and the leaves are turning colors, falling from the trees. They remember the time of being together with her and long for that moment. A tear might fall or maybe a soft smile. Whatever way they interpret it will be good."

 

Hongbinnie nodded softly imagining the various poses that could done for the theme. The two spent time talking in front of the monitor, discussing the theme, lighting, and various poses they could use.

 

"They're here, Hongbinnie." Hakyeonie nudged her. The two stood from the chairs they sat in as the group approached.

 

"Hello we are LR!" They bowed greeting us.

 

The crew clapped and greeted them also, shaking hands with them with words of encouragement.  "Nice to meet you LR. My name is Cha Hakyeonie. I'll be your photographer today. This is my new assistant Lee Hongbinnie."

 

She bowed slightly, "Nice to meet you." She said softly. Ravi looked friendly but his group mate, Leo, looked very intimidating.  

 

Hakyeonie grinned and clapped her hands together, "Now let's get to work!"

 


 

Leo sighed as he stood there feeling awkward under the stares of multiple people. He shifted a bit in his position. "Stay still." The young woman from behind the camera commanded, Leo stilled in his position. He really felt like running away at that moment, he has never liked cameras in the first place.

 

His photographer cracked a brilliant shining smile as he struck another pose, "That's perfect!" She went away snapping photos as he would awkwardly move his head and hands at each snap. He couldn't help but notice the cute dimples that appeared when she smiled, he struggled to keep a normal expression.

 

Hongbinnie suddenly stopped looking over at him, taking in his appearance. "Leo?"

 

"Yes?" He looked over at her curiously, wondering what she wanted.

 

The younger was slightly shocked by his soft voice but she didn't mention it. "Are you alright?....Do you need a break?"

 

After a few moments, Leo softly nodded, he could use a drink of water. "Alright, we'll have a 5 minute break." Hongbinnie said.

 

Stylists crowded around Leo and someone handed him a water bottle, but all he could think of is how is he going to survive this.

 


 

"Excuse me?" Hongbinnie turned to meet the other member.

 

She smiled, "Oh, Ravi? What is it?"

 

Ravi seemed quiet, too quiet for his appearance and a little concerned. "Could you go easy on Leo-hyung?"

 

Hongbinnie flipped through her photos, "Is there a problem?"

 

The rapper rubbed at his neck like a nervous tick, "Leo-hyung....he is camera shy and is awkward and shy around people he meets for the first time."

 

"So that explains why he is so stiff." Hakyeonie mentioned looking over her shoulder at the photos. "I can take over for you if you want, Hongbinnie?"

 

The younger shook her head, "Thank you for the offer but I want to do this myself. I've been working so hard to become a photographer that I can't give up just yet. Besides...even if it is an awkward situation for my first time, I want him to know that he can relax and enjoy being in front of the camera."

 

Ravi shrugged his shoulders, "I don't know....I've tried before and nothing ever worked to make him comfortable."

 

Hongbinnie smiled up at the two, "Trust me."

 


 

"Leo?" He quietly looked to the side to find his visually pretty photographer....wait...his photographer for the shoot. Leo felt his cheeks heat up at the sudden mistake and he lowered his head. "Leo?"

 

"Yes?" He wishes he could hide right now and never return.

 

"I want to go over with you about the poses for the shoot."

 

He turned his face more towards her avoiding eye contact. Hongbinnie wondered why he always looked so cold. "Could you try smiling for the camera? Just a little smile?"

 

Leo stood there frozen, smiling for the camera? It....is just a simple thing right? It won't be too hard to do. He slowly nodded.

 

Hongbinnie got to work setting up the camera. Leo stood leaning against the background. One of his hands clutched the scarf wrapped around his neck and his head was turned to the side. When she looked up to say she was ready, she became mesmerized by the pose he stood in. Maybe their talk did work. "That's great, Leo!" She exclaimed while the camera flashed, "Now smile like you're remembering your time together with the girl."

 

Leo, upon hearing the command, immediately remembered the photographer's dimpled smile earlier. He let out a bright smile at the memory, one flash of the camera before everything grew silent. Leo suddenly remembered where he was and became embarrassed lowering his head to hide his red face. Hongbinnie had only stopped because she was so surprised. Her first impression of him had been of a cold and serious person but, just now he smiled so warmly and had gotten so embarrassed by his actions...maybe Leo was a nice guy after all.

 

Hongbinnie at that moment grew an interest in this Leo, she began to wonder if there was even more emotions and feelings he was hiding under that stone cold face.

 


 

The photoshoot ended without anymore problems. Leo and Ravi finished with their group pictures. Hakyeonie announced they're all done for today. The crew and group clapped and LR said they're greeting again. As the whole crew began to pack away the equipment, Hongbinnie and Hakyeonie were approached by the group one last time. Ravi handed Hakyeonie their signed CD, Hakyeonie bounced up and down like a little kid as she thanked him.

 

While Hongbinnie and Leo awkwardly avoided eye contact with each other. "This is for you." He softly stated holding it out to her.

 

Hongbinnie couldn't deny how cute he looked so embarrassed and shy, as she looked up into his worried eyes with a slight smile. "Thank you." She took the CD from him, their hands slightly touching for a few seconds.

 

The awkward silence continued on as they stared at each other. Hongbinnie knew she probably wouldn't see him again unless he had another schedule with them again. But the younger can't help but feel a sudden interest in the older male. She wants to know and see how many other expressions can he make while even if it's just as simple thing as him eating. She wants to help Leo overcome his fear of cameras so she can see and capture that bright smile of his again. That was the first time she ever seen someone smile such a real smile and she wants to see it again. But maybe that one picture of his smiling face will satisfy her for now.

 

They continued to stare at each other. Until their connection was cut off by LR's manager rushing the two off to their next schedule. But before he could turn the corner, Leo glanced back at her to give her a soft smile nodding towards the CD in her hands.

 

She looked down at the signed CD squinting at the small print below his signature. 'Coffee?' than scribbled next to it was a phone number.

 

Hongbinnie could feel her cheeks redden at the suggestion. But out of all her mixed emotions she felt truly excited at the thought of meeting him again. Wondering if she can capture another breathtaking and heart racing smile from again. Because she truly does love the way he smiles.

 


Thank you to everyone who has read, requested, and commented! I know I promised to upload the Hyukbin fic next but, since I was already done with this request and now I have more time, I decided to upload this today. It actually took me awhile to write this request. I origanally wrote a whole fic on Taekwoon meeting a rebellious high school Hongbinnie with her older sister, Jaehwa, who is in the same college club has Taekwoon. It didn't really go as plan, so I may work on it some more and upload it later.

Comments and Requests are always welcomed!