Rabin, Haken: Holiday Songfic

Various VIXX GIRLS AU Oneshot Collection

Ho-Holiday

By: Aina Kusuda

 

Pairing: Rabin (Fem. Hongbin x Wonshik)

Mentions of Haken (Fem. Hakyeon x Jaehwan)

 

“Hongbin, you got a date this Holiday?” Hakyeon, her co-worker, asked.

 

Hongbin shook her head, arranging the products on display.

 

Hakyeon narrowed her eyes, “Are you and Wonshik having a fight again?”

 

Hongbin stayed silent. “So it’s true!”

 

“That’s not it!” Hongbin snapped at her, until realizing she shouldn’t have done that and went back to arranging the products. “Wonshik has to work this year. So we…”

 

“I knew it, you guys did have a fight. You’re always like this when you two haven’t talked for awhile.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Staring at your phone and fidgeting with the products even though they’re in their right place.”

 

Hongbin sighs, “We just...argued a bit. We never get to spend Christmas together because of our jobs and when I finally got a day off this year…”

 

“..he told you he has to work.” Hakyeon finished for her.

 

Hongbin nodded. “I know he can’t help it. But when I suggested maybe he could ask to get one day off. He blew up on me that work is more important and we haven’t spoken since.” Hongbin could feel the frustrated tears creep into her eyes again.

 

Hakyeon huffed angrily, “That idiot.” Hakyeon texted furiously onto her phone. “If he thinks work is more important than his own girlfriend then we’ll show him how much he means to you.”

 

Wonshik let out a long sigh for the millionth time today. His mind was filled with the last image of a upset Hongbin. He had never wanted to make her cry and he regretted saying the words he did. All of the stress of work just built up and he let it out on her without meaning to. He wanted to spend time with her too but he was behind schedule on multiple projects and he didn’t know when he would be done. He didn’t even know if his boss would allow him to have a day off.

 

“Wonshik.”

 

Wonshik looked up to see Jaehwan standing next to his desk. “Yes.”

 

“Do you have a date for Christmas?”

 

Immediately his mind remembered the hopeful and happy eyes of his beautiful girlfriend wishing for them to be together for once this year.

 

Wonshik bit his lip softly and shook his head.

 

“Aw, that’s too bad. Me and Hakyeon are going to the see the giant Christmas tree and dance happily underneath it with our children. It’s a family tradition we do every year.” Jaehwan casually mentioned.

 

“I see…” Wonshik imagined the soft glow of the christmas lights upon Hongbin’s cheeks. Her eyes shining with happiness. He imagined sipping hot chocolate with her at home, curled up together in warm blankets as Park Hyo Shin played in the background. Her smiles and laughs lighting up the atmosphere as he pulled her in for sweet nose kisses and even more cuddles.

 

Hongbin is more important than anything in the world to Wonshik and he regrets every word.

 

Jaehwan hid a smile as he watched Wonshik stand up and put on his jacket. “Tell Taekwoon I’m going to be taking off for Christmas this year.”

 

“You have plans?”

 

Wonshik softly smiled. “Yeah, with someone who means the world to me.”

 

Jaehwan smiled brightly as Wonshik walked out of the office. He really hoped the two stayed together for a long time.

 

Hakyeon smiled as she read the text Jaehwan had just sent her. Hongbin rolled her eyes, “You two are the most cringe-worthy married couple I’ve ever seen. Sending cheesy texts to each other all day long when you guys should be working.”

 

“Lighten up, Hongbin. You’re just jealous.”

 

“I am not jealous. Wonshik knows I don’t like that stuff.”

 

Hakyeon laughed, “Wonshik is even more affectionate than Jaehwan is. I really think you at least secretly like romantic things, Hongbin.”

 

Hongbin blushed, “Well…”

 

Hongbin jumped as she felt arms wrap around her waist in a hug. The familiar feel of his chest and the scent was all too real for her. “Wonshik!”

 

“Binnie, I’m sorry for everything I said. I was under too much stress from work and...I didn’t mean anything I said. This is a special time that we should spend together for once, not alone.”

 

Hongbin smiled and turned in his arms. “Wonshik, I’ve missed you. I was so lonely thinking how I was spend Christmas alone this year. But...then you came here to apologize. And I don’t need a Christmas present,” Hongbin leaned closer to whisper in his ear, “I only need you. I love you, Wonshik.”

 

“You’re my everything, Hongbin, I love you.”

 

Just as they leaned to kiss, “And you say we’re cheesy.” Hakyeon teased.

 

Hongbin blushed, as she forgot Hakyeon was there, and shooed her away with Hakyeon laughing at the embarrassed couple.

 

Hongbin and Wonshik both laughed softly, before leaning to share a kiss. Knowing this Christmas would be a beautiful one.

 


 

Notes: I was writing a collection of Angst Hurt/Comfort Songfics and I ended writing this longer drabble. I thought it would be better if I uploaded it separately. I tend to write songfics when I have no inspiration for my other stories and when I just feel like writing. Listening to music also helps me bring out the emotion in stories. I know it isn’t Christmas yet but hearing the word Holiday makes me think of it.

 

I hope you enjoyed reading! Thank to everyone who reads, subscribes, and comments!

 

I'm too busy with college at the moment to work on requests. But if you follow my writing tumblr tales-from-blizzard-the-kat. I do post updates of what I'm currently working on and previews to many of my upcoming works. (I'm currently working on a chabin, kenvi, luck vamp au and was planning on posting it on Halloween but, since I'm too busy, I'm planning to upload it sometime this fall or winter season. It's going to be a longer oneshot that I will be uploading separtely from this collection and I really enjoy writing it.) For my Uni. Oneshot Series.....it's almost been a year since I first planned it around Thanksgiving (in November) but I'm going to be delaying for a while longer (hopefully I can finish it by New Years since the last parts take place in Winter.)

 

Thank you again for reading! Comments are always welcome!