Leobin, Chasang, Kenvi: Boarding School (Request)

Various VIXX GIRLS AU Oneshot Collection

Boarding School Part 1: Leobin

Hongbin’s heels clicked along the stone tiles. She glanced around at her surroundings. Piano music drifted gently through the hall. Hongbin immediately walked in the direction of the music. A wooden door carved with elegant designs stood half open.

Hongbin peered inside to see a well-dressed male, black hair falling into his eyes as his fingers moved swiftly and elegantly across the keys.

Her heart pounded faster at the sight and she could feel herself melting on the inside. Hongbin broke out into a wide smile at the sight of his own beautiful smile. She didn’t have the courage to interrupt him.

As the last note rang out through the lonely practice room, the sound of clapping made him turn his head. At the door stood Hongbin with her sunny smile. Taekwoon didn’t know how to react when she suddenly started to approach him.

Hongbin stopped right next to where he sat. Slowly she took a deep breath and let all her nerves out. She had come this far. “Jung Taekwoon, do you have a partner yet?”

Taekwoon stared up at her as he realized what this was about and he couldn’t help feeling giddy. “Not yet.”

“Then…” Hongbin trailed off avoiding his gaze as her cheeks dusted pink.

Taekwoon gently smiled, “I wouldn’t mind.” His heart pounded crazily as he watched her eyes light up and a pleasant smile form on her lips. He would’ve never thought he would get a chance like this. To be close to her and finally get to know her better.

Taekwoon scooted over on the bench to make room for her. “Do you want to start now?”

Hongbin stared a bit at the space next to him and nodded slightly, slowly sitting down so there was only a space left between them. Hongbin clutched her uniform skirt in her hands as they shook. She never expected to be this close to him.

Taekwoon noticed but didn’t say anything as silence enveloped around them. After a while, Taekwoon finally spoke up, “What kind of songs do you sing?”

Hongbin stared at the piano, “I sing mostly ballads but, I’m fine with pop too.”

“Ah, I see.” Taekwoon wrote the information down in a notebook. “Any particular song you’re thinking about?”

Hongbin looked up thoughtfully, “A Park Hyo Shin song would be nice.”

Taekwoon looked at her, “You like Park Hyo Shin?”

Hongbin slowly nodded her head, a soft smile beginning to grace her lips, “Park Hyo Shin inspired me to become a singer. I’m a huge fan of his.”

Taekwoon smiled, “I’m a fan of Park Hyo Shin too.”

“Really?” The way her eyes lit up with interest made his heart pound even faster.

“Yeah, I am.”

After that Hongbin went on a whole rambling about Park Hyo Shin. Taekwoon was pleasantly surprised that they were able to find a common interest and he enjoyed how happy Hongbin looked at the moment.

“And….ah,” she looked away, a blush spreading on her cheeks, “Sorry I get too carried away sometimes.”

Taekwoon smiled, “I don’t mind.”

“You really don’t mind.”

Taekwoon nodded. In fact he loved it when her eyes would sparkle with happiness in those moments. But he wouldn’t tell her that just yet.

He tapped the pen on his notebook, “Getting back to the project, what theme do you think we should do?”

“Well a common theme would be love.” Hongbin mused sliding her fingers softly across the piano keys.

“Do you have someone you like?”

Another silence spread between them. Taekwoon had not expected to blurt his most inner thought, but he was curious.

Her eyes flickered up to him every once in a while, biting her lip nervously. “There...is a possibility.”

Taekwoon didn’t want to force her to tell him when it wasn’t his business.

A little while later, Taekwoon played a melody on the piano from one of the songs they had picked out. The sweet music floated through the air and wrapped them.

Taekwoon glanced to his side to see Hongbin looking over the sheet music, humming to the tune and words. Even with just a hum her voice sounded angelic and Taekwoon couldn’t help missing a note. The wrong note vibrated through the air and Taekwoon looked her way to see her giggling.

Taekwoon blushed bright red and placed his hands back on the piano. Glancing back he noticed how pretty her own hands were and wondered how soft they would feel.

Taekwoon gathered up his courage in that moment, “Hongbin?”

“Yes?” She turned to him, her cheeks still pink from laughing and she looked too adorable for words.

“After this exam, do you...want to go somewhere together?”

Hongbin blinked a bit before realizing what he meant. Her cheeks flushed red again but, she felt excited and happy at the question. “Sure.”

 

Part 2: Chasang

 

Hakyeon watched as Hongbin smiled brightly, she smirked, “Thinking about Taekwoon again?”

A blush washed over Hongbin’s cheeks at her friend’s teasing. Jaehwan, sitting next to Hongbin at the lunch table, spoke up, “I can’t believe you were able to ask him. Plus he even asked you out. You’re really lucky.”

“Thanks…” A blushing Hongbin nodded.

Hakyeon smiled, “I never thought he would ask you out right away. He must really like you.”

Hongbin blushed an even deeper red, thinking about how Taekwoon might have a crush on her, as she does him, sends her mind into a frenzy.

Hakyeon sighed, “You are really lucky though. I’m stuck with Mr. Genius.”

“How did that happen?” Jaehwan asked around a mouthful of food.

“You’ve heard about him. Han Sanghyuk, the young genius who skipped a few grades. Apparently he was being bombarded by girls trying to be his partner and when I helped him, as the class representative I am, he decided that I should be his partner to protect him from his fan girls. So I accepted since I didn’t have any ideas who my partner would be. But now we can’t agree on anything.”

“Sounds difficult.” Jaehwan stated, taking a big gulp of his drink.

“So what’s been going on with you and Wonji?” Hongbin asked.

Jaehwan smiled, “We’re thinking about doing a duet. Wonji is going to rap while I sing. She already has a song composed for us, all we have to do left is lyrics, theme, and tweak things a bit. I’m not really worried.”

“Well when your girlfriend is an aspiring composer, it’s not surprising.” Hongbin and Jaehwan shared grins.

Hakyeon sighed, “Both of you are so lucky.”

Sanghyuk watched every movement Hakyeon made as she talked with her friends. He couldn’t pick up the exact words they were saying from the table he sat at, but he could tell Hakyeon was displeased with something.

Sanghyuk stopped before the chopsticks could enter his mouth as a thought crossed his mind, what if Hakyeon truly didn’t like being partners with him. He placed the chopsticks down and stared over at her. After a bit he just shook his head and continued eating.

Sanghyuk gently press down on a keyboard before letting it go. Hakyeon stood behind him looking over a sheet. Sanghyuk sighed and Hakyeon glanced over at him, “What’s wrong?

Sanghyuk turned around to face her, “You don’t have to force yourself to do this.”

She looked quizzically at him, “What do you mean?”

Sanghyuk rubbed his hands together, “Being my partner...you don’t have to force yourself to do it. I mean I could pick any girl I want to for my partner.”

Hakyeon frowned, she was actually seeing Sanghyuk in a new light until that last sentence. She sighed, “Sanghyuk, you're the one who asked to be my partner. And even if I don’t enjoy it, I would rather be your partner than some girl who is only looking for some time alone with you. I know you’re probably better than that, but I won’t allow unproductivity to go into this project as class representative.”

To her amazement Sanghyuk began to laugh loudly. He stood up, standing so close to her she had to tilt her head up. “You can’t be watching every group for every second. How would that even be possible?”

Hakyeon opened and closed , her cheeks heating up. Sanghyuk has literally left her speechless.

His expression changed, “Besides you clearly don’t like being partners with me. I was just giving you a choice.” He turned around to sit back down. A solemn tune floating through the small practice room.

Hakyeon didn’t how to react to his sudden change in personality. She had thought he was stuck up but….

She clutched the sheet in her hands tightly, “I….” Sanghyuk stopped and looked back up at her. Seeing his eyes on her suddenly made her even more nervous. “...I want to be partners with you.” Sanghyuk suddenly broke out into a smile and stood up. She began to stutter, “I-I mean that….it’s not like I have another partner and…”

Hakyeon was caught off guard by the sudden hug. She laid her head on his seemingly strong chest as he said “I understand,” in his deep voice into her ear.

Hakyeon felt like she couldn’t move when he moved away a bit, his hands on her shoulders. He grinned, “You’re taken by me, aren’t you?”

Hakyeon could feel the heat rush to her cheeks again, betraying her. She frowned and in reaction threw off his arms from her shoulders, she turned away. “N-no!” Hakyeon realized Sanghyuk had somehow made her into a blushing and stuttering mess. She wondered if he has some sort of charm to make girls fall for him.

“You like me, don’t you?”

“No!” Hakyeon turned around to see him smirking. She walked towards him and threw the papers at him, “Let’s just get back to work.”

As she walked past him, she heard him whisper, “I like you, Hakyeon.”

Hakyeon stopped as her blush deepen and her heart started up. She punched him in the arm and walked away. Still hearing his adorable laugh from behind.
 

Part 3: Raken/Kenvi

 

“Jaehwan?”

Jaehwan stopped and turned around to see Hongbin had stopped walking. She fidgeted nervously in the middle of the hallway. Jaehwan walked up to her, “What’s wrong?”

“I’m a bit worried.”

Jaehwan smiled, “What? Are you worried about pairing up with Taekwoon?”

Hongbin nodded adding softly, “I don’t think I’m good enough to be partners with him.”

Jaehwan placed his hand on her shoulder, “You’ve been waiting for this chance forever. Don’t go and run away now. Besides your voice is beautiful, Hongbin, I bet even Taekwoon would agree on that.”

Hongbin blushed, “I’ll try my best.”

Jaehwan grinned ruffled her hair, “Well if that’s solved, I have to go meet up with Wonji. Good luck with Taekwoon.”

“Thanks, Jaehwan.”

Jaehwan jogged up to their meeting place, stopping for a break he looked up to see Wonji sitting on a bench beneath the tree. Her long black hair pulled into a loose ponytail, earbuds blocking out the world as she concentrated on the notebook in front of her. Jaehwan, at that moment, felt like the luckiest man in the entire world.

He grinned and ran the rest of the way, “Wonji!”

Wonji pulled one earbud out and smiled at his approach, “Jaehwan.”

He sat next to her still grinning widely, “I love you.”

Wonji blushed, “What’s with you all the sudden.”

“Because it’s true.” He pulled her into a sudden hug that Wonji almost panicked.

Wonji blushed even brighter when people begin to walk past, “Jaehwan, you know...school…”

Jaehwan still didn’t let her go, “They won’t care.”

“But, public affection is against the school rules.”

“Who ever heard of a co-ed boarding school being so boring.” Jaehwan stated as he pulled back a bit. Wonji was about to breath a sigh of relief when Jaehwan bent down and kissed her fully on the lips. When he pulled back, Jaehwan sported a full on grin while Wonji couldn’t stop blushing, “I really mean it. I love you, Wonji.” Jaehwan hugged her again and Wonji thought maybe she would let it go just this once.    

 


 

So I finally finished this request for a boarding school au. I did have an idea for this request but wasn’t able to write much on it. So I came up with this instead. I hope you all enjoyed it. Truthfully, I don’t know much about boarding schools so I tried to not put much detail into it. This is more of a music boarding school, if there is one.

So I’m pretty much done with the college semester and will be out for summer shortly. I will have time to write more but, I also will be researching and writing for my own original stories. I’m aspiring to be a writer so I’m hoping to work more on my writings this summer. Also I'm super excited for Vixx's comeback. 

Other than that….I hoped you all enjoyed reading!

Thank you to everyone who subscribes, reads, requests, and comments!

Comments and requests are always welcome!