Wontaek: Inside of a Heart (Soccer AU Request)

Various VIXX GIRLS AU Oneshot Collection

Wontaek: The Inside of an Heart (Soccer Au Request)

 

Taekwoon breathed heavily as he scored the winning goal, crowds and teammates cheering for him. Wiping the sweat out of his eyes. The only thing he could hear is the cheer of one special girl, Kim Wonji. His heart had just begin to slow down from the adrenaline of the game but with just one glance into her sparkling eyes, it caused his heart to pick up speed at a dangerous rate. Kim Wonji was too cute for her own good.

 

"Taekwoon-oppa, I brought you some water.", Taekwoon accepted the cold drink with a tiny nod, gulping down the refreshing drink.

 

"Thanks..." He mumbled, only loud enough for her to hear. It caused her smile to brighten, his cheeks to redden, and for her to become endangered even further.

 


 

"Taekwoon! Jung Taekwoon!", the irritating voice just wouldn't stop.

 

"What?" He snapped a little too harshly, turning to find the irritating voice was of his long time friend, Hakyeon.

 

Hakyeon smiled and patted his shoulder, "What's up with you today? You're so out of it."

 

Taekwoon turned back to his lunch, ignoring him. "Taekwoon~ don't ignore me~!" He whined. Pouting Hakyeon crossed his arms, "You're so cold, Taekwoon~!"

 

"They don't call him the 'Cold Prince' for nothing." Sanghyuk laughed, sitting across from Taekwoon, who glared at him viciously. Sanghyuk just grinned, "At least I had enough courage to ask my crush out."

 

Taekwoon would've lunged for the younger if Hakyeon hadn't been holding him back, "We don't have all the same luck as you do, Sanghyuk."

 

Taekwoon agreed silently, if wasn't for his fangirls he would've given the entire world just to be with her, but he doesn't even know if she likes him back...

 

"What did I miss?", Jaehwa, a cute chubby girl with curly hair and glasses, sat down next to Sanghyuk.

 

"Nothing important." Sanghyuk said, as he kissed her on the cheek, leaving Jaehwa as a giggly mess.

 

Taekwoon huffed in irritation and got up to leave.

 

"Taekwoon, you haven't even finish your lunch yet!" He could hear Hakyeon yell, but he never turned back. After all, all his thoughts we're on just one thing: Kim Wonji.

 


 

The warm spring air waved through his hair as he opened the door to the rooftop. His cold exterior melted at the sight of her sitting there, focused on creating her own rhymes and rhythms in the small notebook of hers. He quietly crossed the roof in a matter of seconds, sitting beside her he could almost hear the hip-hop music she blasted through her earphones. Silently he watched the way her lips moved as she quickly mouthed the words she had written down along with the tune.

 

Everyday he would find her here in the same way and every day he could feel his cold exterior chip away. He loved this peaceful moment of just the two of them. Where no one could see or hear them. Where Taekwoon could possibly take a chance to take her hand and kiss her lips, but he never did.

 


 

And just like everyday he would take one of the earphones and place into his own ears. Bobbing his head along to the addictive beat as Wonji smiles at him with bright eyes. Never knowing how much her smiles make him feel like they're the only ones in the world and nothing will ever matter as long as they have each other.

 

He suppresses the smile that begins to creep onto his lips, how he wishes he didn't a have a reputation as the 'Cold Prince'. As the song ends he hands back the earphone to her. Watching her bright expression with a stone-cold face, no matter how much his heart feels like it might fall out of his chest, "It's really good, Wonji."

 

"Really!" She reads through her lyrics, "I thought it could use some work." As she chews on the eraser on her pencil, like a nervous habit. Taekwoon suppress the sudden feeling to bend down and kiss her like there is no tomorrow, to tell her how much he really loves her music that it's the best thing he has listen to. But he stops himself again, after all, why would anyone like such a 'cold' person. He doesn't want to lose the one person that makes him happy and is able to brighten his entire day, no matter how bad, with just a small smile. He doesn't want to lose the friendship he has worked so hard to build, only to be shattered in seconds.

 


 

“Your next match is coming up soon, isn’t it?” Wonji asked just as they stepped down from the staircase leading to the roof.

 

Stopping, Taekwoon turned to her, “Yes, it's coming up this thursday.”

 

“Great!” Wonji grinned her eyes shining with excitement. “I’ll be there to cheer you on-”

 

Before Wonji could continue, two of Taekwoon’s fangirls suddenly appeared taking both of his arms and dragging him away as they chattered. Taekwoon knew he could do nothing in this situation, no matter how much he wanted to push the other girls away and walk Wonji to class himself.

 

Wonji watched them walk away, noticing how one of the fans glanced back at her with a smug look, she clenched her fists together in anger and her heart felt terribly heavy. Taekwoon doesn’t deserve those type of girls but she knows he’ll never return her feelings.

 


 

Taekwoon huffed out short breaths as he stared down his opponent. The rising cheers from the stands filling his body with excitement as he found a path towards the winning goal. The overflow of cheers from the audience and team as they celebrated over their win, Taekwoon found it nothing compared to the way Wonji had been cheering for him throughout the entire game from the sidelines. Looking around he finally spotted her radiating smile running towards him, his heart beating faster than it had on the field. Her smile was better than any trophy and he found himself almost slipping away from his cold persona at the moment.

 

It was only until he watched in complete horror as Wonji was pushed to the ground by one member of his fanclub and found herself tripped when she tried to get up. Taekwoon felt his heart almost break when he heard her cry out in pain as she struck the ground and her ankle landed in a awkward position.

 

It all happened so quickly he barely had time to react before his fangirls were in his face congratulating him on winning the match. He felt anger and guilt rising in him, it should be Wonji smiling and congratulating him, not some girls he doesn’t even know.

 

He angrily moved past the whining girls to find the one that mattered most to him on the ground not even being able to move in this joyous celebration, no one helping her out when she was in pain. Taekwoon didn't care anymore about dumb cold image all he cared about was just making sure nothing like this ever happened again.

 

“Don’t you ever touch my girlfriend again!” The shout rang out loud and clear above the cheering. Everything had become usually quiet as the witnesses watched the surprising scene. Whispers started up as Taekwoon bended down and picked Wonji bridal style.

 

A flustered Taekwoon could barely look Wonji in the eye as he started off towards the nurse office. Wonji, herself, felt like she is on a rollercoaster of feelings. Her heart pounding fast from the sudden confession, the sharp pain she feels from her injured ankle, the shock and surprise from knowing he likes her back, the joy from it all, to wondering if he really does feel that way or if he said that to make them leave her alone.

 

Taekwoon carefully sets her down on an edge of the bed, taking special care to make sure her sprained ankle is properly bandged. The two are still calming down from the excitement of everything.

 

Blushing softly Wonji carefully brought out the unspoken topic that was on their minds, “Did you really mean it?”

 

“About what?” he looked up into her eyes noticing her cute blushed cheeks.

 

Wonji nervously started playing the hem of her skirt, “...about being your girlfriend…” she said it so quietly but the impact of the words was still there.

 

Taekwoon cheeks colored bright red and he stood up turning to the side. “I...I’ve been meaning to keep it a secret. But in that situation...I felt guilty that you got hurt because of me…”

 

“It wasn’t your fault!”

 

Taekwoon turned to her a guilty apologetic look on his face, “I thought if I never confessed to you I could keep you from harm. But I was wrong.”

 

He took her hand in his and looked down into her eyes. “I love you, Wonji. I’ve loved you for a long time now. I love your smile, your songs, and just being yourself. Even when I win a match, I don’t think about the trophy, all I care about is seeing your smile. Even if you don’t liks me back I would be glad to just stay friends.”

 

“Taekwoon…”

 

“I’m so sorry I hurt you.” He sniffled softly tears softly rolling down his cheeks.

 

“Taekwoon, I love you. Please just be yourself and stop acting so cold all the time. My heart beats like crazy when you listen to my own music and without knowing your own gentle smile comes out. I love those moments the best and I love the opportunity to have more of them. But please don’t think you hurt me that was all because those girls were jealous.”

 

The two laugh for a bit caught up in the moment with just the two of them.

 

“Do you perhaps want to get some coffee? At the local cafe when I walk you home?” Taekwoon asked shyly.

 

Wonji blushed at the thought of Taekwoon actually walking her home. “I would like that!”

 


 

Sanghyuk raises his eyebrow at Hakyeon’s unusual bad mood. “What’s up with Hongbinnie? She is acting strange all of the sudden.” He took another bite of his lunch while still watching the older girl gazing at a group of crazy girls.

 

Jaehwa laughed and grinned at her boyfriend, “Oh! Since Taekwoon has a girlfriend now and he’s not considered the cold Prince anymore. All the girls are after Hakyeon now.” Jaehwa lowered her voice, whispering softly in his ear. “And Hongbinnie has a thing for him so she’s jealous.”

 

Sanghyuk nodded his head, “Ah, I see.” He fed Jaehwa a piece of food and they exchanged warm smiles.

 


Thank you to all my subscribers, commenters, requesters, and readers! I had gotten two similar requests for a Wontaek Soccer Au so I decided to put the two together, I've hoped you enjoyed it! Fem. Wonshik was asked by an resquester to be named Wonji in this. If anyone wants to they can request any vixx girls names as well, since I'm terrible with coming up with names. The ending may be a little strange since I wasn't sure how to end it. Plus, I've been watching/reading a certain manga/anime recently (gekkan shoujo nozaki-kun) so the confessions and certain other parts may be a little cheesy or strange than what I've would of like. 

Comments and Requests are always welcome~! Don't forget to share your thoughts in the comments below~!

(I'm on summer break now so lots of requests are welcome. I will have more time to write now so send in as many of requests as you want.)