Wontaek: Recording Sessions: Part 2

Various VIXX GIRLS AU Oneshot Collection

Wontaek: Recording Sessions: Part 2

 

“Hongbin, do you have anything to say about it?” Hakyeon asked as they cuddled on the couch watching a movie they had already seen thousands of times before.

 

“Well I don’t really know Wonshik and I only know Jaehwa from what you say. I don’t know much about their relationship.”

 

“Aren’t you and Wonshik the same age?”

 

“We are but we work in different types of jobs. He makes music and I act in dramas. There is no way I would be running into him while acting.”

 

Hakyeon softly nodded, “True.”

 

“Besides the only things I hear about him is rumors that make him look bad.”

 

They quietly laid there for a while. Hongbin softly rubbing his fingertips over the slightly exposed part of her skin.

 

Hakyeon hummed softly in relaxation, enjoying the peaceful time they have together in their hectic schedules. “I love you, Hongbin.”

 

He affectionately smiled, even if she couldn’t see it, he pulled her even more closer, “I love you, Hakyeon.”

 

Hakyeon placed her hand gently on where Hongbin’s laid at her waist. “Promise me you won’t ever leave me.” Her voice was so smooth and so soft, and Hongbin could hear the slight fear she had of their future.

 

He turned her around in his arms to face him, giving her a sweet smile. Thier lips just a breath away, “I won’t ever leave you. I love you too much.”

 

Hakyeon smiled happily at that. Her hands coming up to wrap around his neck so she could pull him down closer to her lips. Luckily she had remembered to wear the strawberry lip gloss today.

 


 

Jaehwan watched quietly as his friend snored loudly on his own bed. His mind cycling through all the things that he just figured out recently. He has to do something about this or it’ll only become worse.

 

“Sanghee, I need to ask you for a favor.”

 

“What do you want this time, Jaehwan.”

 

“Nothing. I just need you to schedule a meeting for Taekwoon at the local cafe tomorrow afternoon.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Don’t ask. Just do it.”

 


 

Taekwoon walked into the small cafe, Sanghee right behind her. Taekwoon looked around the small cafe, “So where is the meeting suppose to be at?”

 

Suddenly a certain man caught her eye as he waved his hands above his head, trying to grab her attention.

 

Luckily there was just a few people in the cafe during these early morning hours so nobody really noticed as much but Taekwoon still felt the urge to pull her cap down more to cover her face.

 

Just before Taekwoon could ask Sanghee why she was meeting Jaehwan, Sanghee told her to make it quick and that they had to be leaving in ten minutes for her next schedule.

 

Taekwoon nodded, still confused over the whole situation, she walked over to the table where Jaehwan sat in the corner. Taekwoon has never liked being around Jaehwan, because of his sloppiness and being too goofy, but he was Wonshik’s loyal friend so she had learned to get use to him during her time as Wonshik’s girlfriend.

 

Taekwoon frowned at the sight of his big goofy grin as she sat down in front of him. “You have ten minutes, Jaehwan.”

 

Jaehwan only nodded, his facial expression turning uncharacteristically serious. He looked into her eyes with so much seriousness that Taekwoon wondered what had happened. “Wonshik still loves you, Taekwoon.”

 

Taekwoon felt a quick, sharp pain from the words. Bitterness seeping into her long forgotten wounds. “That’s not true. Wonshik…..he- he doesn’t love me…..not anymore.” Her eyes laid upon the table top, tears of pain threatening to spill over. Her hands clenching as she fought the urge to slap Jaehwan for suggesting such a thing, for playing with her broken heart, and storming off in a rage.

 

Jaehwan knew how much it must hurt her, but it had to be said. “It’s the truth, Taekwoon. I wouldn't have told you if it wasn’t.”

 

“You're a liar. Wonshik is the one told me we were over. He is the one who barely blinks an eye whenever I’m in a room with him now. He’s not like the Wonshik I use to know, the Wonshik that still cared and loved me so long ago.” Taekwoon could almost feel her voice breaking but it wasn’t just her voice, it was her heart as well.

 

“Taekwoon, you gotta believe me. Two years ago-”

 

“Two years ago Wonshik left me heartbroken and never spoke a word to me since.” Taekwoon stood up from her seat and grab her purse, glaring so coldly into Jaehwan's eyes, “Stop bringing up old wounds and worry about yourself, Jaehwan.”

 

Taekwoon turned and walked quickly out of the cafe wanting to be far away from everything that hurt her.

 

Jaehwan watched her leave with sad eyes, knowing he couldn’t stop her, “Wonshik still cries after all this time and it’s only because of you, Taekwoon.”

 

After their conservation, Taekwoon told Sanghee to cancel her whole schedule for today because she didn’t feel good. Sanghee knew not to ask about the meeting but she guessed it must’ve been something related to Wonshik to have Taekwoon feeling this down.

 


 

“Meow~” Taekwoon smiled softly at her cat, petting her as she thought about the conversation she had with Jaehwan.

 

Taekwoon looked over as her phone pinged a soft tune, announcing that she has gotten a new message.

 

Taekwoon frowned as she saw it was from Jaehwan and she wondered what that idiot wanted.

 

‘ Hi, Taekwoon. I got your number from Sanghee. I’m sorry for communicating with you this way. But I knew there would be no other way to tell you this, after you had stormed out of the cafe this morning.’

 

‘I know you might not want to hear this but just please read through everything before you make your decision.’

 

‘I really don’t know how much you loved Wonshik and how much it hurt you when he left, so I apologize for seeming like I’m lying. But, Taekwoon, what I do know is that the night Wonshik left you he came to me crying, telling you two had broken up. Wonshik had never told me the reasons why and, for these past two years, I had always suspected that you were the one that had broken up with him.’

 

‘That night and for the past two years he would always come to me for comfort because he still loved you so much and could never tell you again.’

 

‘It was on the night of you two seeing each other again after two years that I had finally realized the truth. Wonshik came to me again crying and telling me that you had finally said ‘goodbye’ that it was all his fault. I finally understood after all these years that it was never you but Wonshik that had created this whole mess.’

 

‘Taekwoon, I don’t know what happened to between the two of you and I’m not going to meddle. But if Wonshik has still loved you after all this time and Taekwoon if you still love him with all your heart. I want to help you two become happy again. Please talk to Wonshik, I know you may not want to but I don’t like seeing you two hurting yourselves any longer. You two should be happy together.’

 

‘Wonshik must have some reason behind what he did. If not, then why did he leave you?’

 

Taekwoon took her time rereading every sentence and taking time to take in the words. Her mind swarmed with questions with no answers.

 

“Wonshik still loves me?”

 


 

“What should I do, Hakyeon?” Taekwoon asked staring blankly at the floor.

 

Hakyeon turned off Taekwoon’s phone after reading Jaehwan’s text messages, placing the phone on the side table. Hakyeon wrapped her arms around her friend, sitting on the couch next to her, and pulling her into a comforting hug. Hakyeon patted her softly on the back, “I think you should just talk it out.”

 

Taekwoon pulled back from her friend to stare at her, “But I wouldn’t know what to say.”

 

Hakyeon smiled at her, “Yes you do.” She placed a hand over her heart. “Here, in your heart.”

 

“That’s really cheesy, Hakyeon.” Hongbin, who was playing with Taekwoon’s cat in the background, made a sassy side remark to his girlfriend.

 

Hakyeon glared at him, “Oh shut up, Hongbin.”

 

Hongbin laughed at her and it only made Taekwoon come to find the moment hilarious as well giggling with the younger.

 

Hakyeon pouted at them, “Don’t laugh.” But inside she was glad to see Taekwoon still able to crack a smile and laugh after the serious news.

 

After a while, Taekwoon calmed down and smiled at her friend, “I’ll try, Hakyeon. I’ll try talking to Wonshik.”

 

“Good luck.”

 


 

Taekwoon had come back to the recording studio to record a few parts that hadn’t been quite as good for a final piece and she knew Wonshik was probably hoping this was the last time she would have to record. Hakyeon, apparently had done her parts well and didn’t need to come in.

 

It was only her, Wonshik, and Sanghee in one room. It had been a few days since Jaehwan had texted her and her talk with Hakyeon. Taekwoon only hoped nothing went wrong.

 

As she partly listened to Wonshik explain the parts she had to fix she couldn’t help but look him over in a new light. She could now see the dark shadows he had under his eyes and the restless feeling he was having as he played with his pencil.

 

Taekwoon felt hurt at the sight of him looking so unwell. She then remembered today would’ve been their 5th anniversary together which would explain why he was feeling so restless. He wanted to finish this up quickly so he wouldn’t have to see her anymore, so he wouldn’t have to remember how he could’ve been presenting her with flowers and taking her to a nice fancy restaurant to eat today.

 

Taekwoon felt hurt at the thought that he never wanted to see her again after this. And Taekwoon knew that she would have to take the initiative if they were going to get anywhere.

 

Suddenly the door burst open again, announcing the arrival of Jaehwan. But just as surprisingly as his visit was he was suddenly gone in mere seconds with Sanghee in tow.

 

Wonshik and Taekwoon were now alone, just like that rainy night, and Taekwoon knew this was the right time.

 

“....now as I was saying-”

 

“I love you, Wonshik.”

 

Wonshik stopped mid sentence, staring up at his one true love with shocked eyes.

 

Taekwoon fidgeted and she could feel her face turning red. She almost felt like a schoolgirl confessing to her crush, but no, this was Wonshik, her ex-boyfriend of three years that had suddenly left her two years ago for no reason. And now she was going to find the truth behind this mystery.

 

Taekwoon stared into his wonderful deep eyes, “Wonshik, you love me back don’t you?”

 

It took awhile before Wonshik found his senses, “Taekwoon, this isn’t the time.”

 

“This is the time, Wonshik. This is the perfect time. You were….planning on leaving me again...weren’t you?”

 

“Taekwoon…” His eyes, his voice held deep sorrow and she knew she was getting somewhere.

 

“What happened all those days ago when you decided to leave me? What was the reason? You never explained it to me, Wonshik.”

 

“Why do you need to know now?”

 

“Because I still love you! And I can’t forget all our memories together unless you truly tell me you don’t truly love me anymore.” Taekwoon could feel the stinging of the tears that threatened to fall.

 

And all the while Wonshik held his composure, but she could see from his eyes that she was weakening him. She needed to know, to know if everything that Jaehwan told her wasn’t a lie, that Wonshik really did still love her, and if he did, for what reason. She needed to know.

 

Wonshik let out a long sigh, “Do you really want to know?”

 

Taekwoon nodded.

 

Wonshik fidgeted, looking at everything else but her, “Two years ago….the three years we spent together before that day….I really did love you, Taekwoon. Today would’ve been our fifth anniversary right?”

 

As Taekwoon stared into his eyes, full of various emotions, she felt a heavy feeling envelope her, “Wonshik, you remembered….”

 

“Yeah, I did.” He chuckled sadly, “How could I ever forget.”

 

Taekwoon stepped closer to him and reached up to gently touch his cheek, “Wonshik, please tell me the truth.”

 

“I can’t!” He took her hand and moved it away, holding it as gently as he had all those years ago. Taekwoon had missed his touch.

 

“Why not?”

 

“Because…...I love you, Taekwoon.” Tears begin to stream down his cheeks and Taekwoon found her heart hurting inside. She felt so confused and hurt.

 

“Then...if you had loved me, then why did you leave?”

 

He looked at her stunned, “Taekwoon?”

 

“I love you isn’t enough anymore, Wonshik! There has to be a very good reason why you left me, but you're hiding it even now! Why….” Taekwoon wrenched her hand away from his, tears streaming down her cheeks, “...Why would you leave me if you had loved me so much! Even an idiot would know to stay and care for the one they love and not ever think of hurting them like this! You are the worse, Wonshik!”

 

Taekwoon yelled those final words in a waterfall of tears, running out of the studio, leaving behind a broken-hearted Wonshik. He had never meant for this to happen and only wanted for things to go back to the way they were.

 

Wonshik watched the empty doorway with red watery eyes. His heart hurt so much but..

.maybe this was for the best. After all, Taekwoon was right. Why would anyone hurt their precious loved one just because they loved them.

 

Maybe Taekwoon will understand his reasoning someday.

 

It had been five years since they both told each other “I love you” but their story had ended like this.

 


Thanks to all the readers, commenters, subscribers, and requesters! This actually turned out more angsty than I’ve would’ve liked and was planning on. I was planning on making them get back together at the end but I decided it would be too unrealistic, please comment if you have opposite views on this and would like me to make an alternate ending. I am actually thinking of making a sequel to this though or make a side bonus story of hyuken, please leave a comment if you would like to see that or not.

 

For the Wontaek hurt/comfort request I might just write another one for that request since this oneshot got way out of control somehow, I didn’t plan for this ending it just happened. (I did write half of a completely different ending but I changed it since I thought it was too light hearted and unrealistic. I still have it though and may alter some of it and upload it as an alternate ending, it also includes Wonshik’s reason for leaving which I thought wasn’t that great a reason which is why I changed the ending.)

 

I will also be uploading this fully with it's final title called Five Years After "I Love You". And afterwards I will be working on a sequel to this, the next oneshot to be uploaded will possibly be for the request of Haken (Flirty Waiter! Jaehwan and Noona! Hakyeon) with Wontaek. So please look forward to that!

 

Comments and Requests are always welcomed!