Kenvi: Reunion

Various VIXX GIRLS AU Oneshot Collection

Kenvi: Reunion (Future Vixx AU)

 

"Wonshik....."

 

He smiled lovingly at her from across the table, his hand holding his chin up, "Yes~?"

 

Wonshik scanned her up and down taking her all in. She has gotten more cute and chubbier since he had last saw her. Of course, he has had a crush on her even before Vixx, but over the years it turned into an adoring love for the older. Before she had been so easy to talk to, with her cute playful nature that he could definitely cuddle with. But now, Wonshik found it so hard to say anything to her. She had become so captivating and breathtaking since the last few years he had seen her.

 

Jaehwa squirmed in her seat, "You're creeping me out."

 

His expression fell as he sat up in his chair, avoiding eye contact with her, "Oh, I'm sorry."

 

It was Christmas Eve the most festive time of the year, the time when loved ones came together and spent time together full of joy and merriment but....Wonshik wasn't so sure it was the case for him.

 

Taking a sip of his drink, Wonshik let his eyes focus on her mature expression. He hasn't seen her since the time they had all gone their separate ways. Wonshik had stayed at the company as a producer/composer/lyricist but Jaehwa had gone off to pursue her dream of becoming a musical actor. He only got to see her on tv or on stage, as she had cut all connections with him. It hurt him terribly at that time since he longed to see her again but not like this.  

 

"So why did you ask me here, Wonshik?"  Her beautiful eyes highlighted by her pretty lashes had Wonshik think someone definitely had dressed her up for this occasion.

 

He took another sip of his drink, "I haven't seen you for awhile, Jaehwa. I thought it would be nice to just talk to you again."

 

He had never seen Jaehwa so down and cold before. She had changed into someone he didn't know, not like the bright bubbly Jaehwa he had fallen for. "I've been busy with my musical work. You know that, Wonshik."

 

He nodded, playing with the glass in his hands to avoid meeting her expression. "Yes, I do." He set the glass down to met her eyes again full of worry, "But Jaehwa ever since....you dropped all connections with me only. Why is that?"

 

It hurt at that time to find out Jaehwa still kept in contact with the others, except for him. She looked away, biting her lip with nervousness, "Wonshik...please don't bring it up again."

 

"But why, Jaehwa?" He asked voice full of desperation.

 

"Because...." she looked so small in that moment as her voice got softer, "....maybe because you were the only one who I didn't want to see anymore."

 

Wonshik had guessed that was it, but hearing it hurt even more, "Jaehwa, we...we used to good friends....what happened?"

 

"I..." Tears begin to form in her pretty harmless eyes, and as one begin to roll down her cheek Wonshik had to hold himself back from reaching out to dry her tears. "...can't say it."

 

She grabbed her purse and walked quickly out of the fancy restaurant, forgetting her sweater and leaving a confused and worried Wonshik to run after her out into the cold.

 


 

Snow fell softly from the sky as Wonshik searched through the crowd for her, "Jaehwa!". There was never any answer and he didn't care if people stared at him weird, all he cared about was finding Jaehwa and making sure she was safe and warm in his arms.

 

He finds her sitting on a park bench away from the lights and crowds. Glistening tears falling onto her lap as she cries. Only to find Wonshik wrapping her forgotten jacket around her shivering shoulders.

 

"Wonshik..." she cries as the man sits beside to wrap her in his warm arms, letting her cry against his chest as he rubs her back.

 

"Jaehwa, why did you run off like that? You could've froze to death or worse," he runs his fingers through her soft hair, enjoying the way it felt.

 

"I don't care..." she sobbed.

 

Wonshik hugged her closer, "I...couldn't live with myself if I let you slip from my grasp. I...." he let out a deep breath, "I love you too much, Jaehwa."

 

Her cries calm down and he found himself face to face with her. Wonshik stared into her worn out eyes as she caress his face, "Is it true, Wonshik?"

 

He lovingly smiled at her, love filling his eyes, "Yes, it's true Jaehwa. I've loved you for a long time but never found a way to tell you."

 

"You idiot!" She hit him hard in the chest as tears still slid down her cheeks. Jaehwa let loose a wide grin, one he hadn't seen since that time, it warmed his heart with love and he couldn't help smiling back.

 

"I never contacted you....because I thought you wouldn't return my feelings. Plus having to see you everyday with the knowledge you couldn't be with me hurt. So that time when we all parted....I-I decided I would try to give you up. It gave me a chance to help me forget about you, for my heart to finally heal. But I...couldn't stop thinking about you, wanting to hear your laugh, see your smiles, wanting to hear you call me 'cute' again. I really...." Jaehwa bit her lip to stop the oncoming sobs bubbling within, she took a deep breath, "..couldn't take it anymore...so I finally agreed to meet up with you again after all these years. I was planning to confess today, even if you rejected me, I thought I would be okay. But when you confronted me about it...and you mention us being really good friends, I knew I had hurt you but....I had also thought that meant you didn't have any special feelings for me. I really thought I would be fine with a straightforward rejection but...just hearing that...it hurt me so much. I couldn't handle hearing you actually rejecting me so that's why I ran away."

 

Tears begin to form in her eyes again, "I'm so sorry, Wonshik, for hurting you."

 

Wonshik smiled softly, gently wiping the tears from her eyes, "It's alright, I just wish I had told you sooner."

 

Her smile softened as she stared warmly into his eyes, cupping his cheek, "I wish you had too, you big idiot."

 

She pulled him forward to give him a long and passionate kiss. Finding themselves stuck in multiple kisses they had waited so long for and had missed out on.

 

After some time the new couple placed their foreheads together, their eyes crinkling up in joy and laughter.

 

"Merry Christmas, Jaehwa. I love you."

 

Intertwining their fingers together in pure happiness. "I love you, Kim Wonshik. Merry Christmas."

 


Thank you to everyone who reads, comments and requests! This is another christmas eve oneshot and the last one I wrote is for Hyukbin, so please look forward to it. This oneshot didn't really go as planned, I was going to make Jaehwa more cold and emotionless but, it turned out like this. And I had orginally kept out the part about Jaehwa explaining why she did what she did to Wonshik but I ended up adding it in for more story.

I hoped you all enjoyed! Comments and Requests are always welcomed!

Preview to Next Week: 

Hyukbin: Comfort in a Smile (Future Vixx AU):

"All done?" The bright smile of the man standing before her as he handed her the hot drink, to warm her up, could've made her heart burst in joy.

 

"Sanghyuk, you came!" She would've jumped on him if not for the drink in her hands.

 

A cheeky smile plastered on his lips, "Of course I did. It's Christmas Eve I promised to spend the day with you. Beside you really need to get somewhere warm." He leaned down to kiss her red nose, leaning back to smile as he gently caress her frozen red ear. Her cheeks equally red from his actions.

"Hyuk~!" She whined softly, secretly liking the affectionate touches.