Chabin: The 100th Seashell

Various VIXX GIRLS AU Oneshot Collection

Waves gently swept back and forth. Seagulls calling out through the blue ocean air.

 

Hakyeon hummed softly as her bare feet sunk in the sandy shore. Her dazzling eyes taking in all the wonders around as she smiled brightly in the sunlight.

 

Noticing something stuck in the sand, she bent down to pick up a small sand covered seashell. Her eyes shined brighter at the discovery.

 

Gently she blew and dusted off the sand until a pretty white shell laid beneath it. Hakyeon smiled brighter at the sight and placed the seashell in her bag that was already full of them.

 

Standing back up, she headed happily over to the nearby snack shack thinking of treating herself after finding her 100th seashell.

 

Hongbin had been watching the girl from afar, leaning on the broom he was supposed to be cleaning with.

 

“Hongbin!” he almost fell over from the yell, his mother glaring at him to get to work.

 

Hongbin got back to sweeping away when the girl he had been watching bounded up to the shop.

 

He froze and glanced over at her, she was even more pretty up close.

 

Hongbin watched as his mother guided the girl to a table and took her order. After his mother left, the girl placed her bag on the table and started sifting through multiple seashells. A smile on her face the entire time, Hongbin felt warm just from watching her. But he knew he had to get to cleaning before his parents decided to reduce his allowance.

 

“Excuse me?”

 

Hongbin stopped sweeping and turned around to face the beauty up close, his heart wouldn’t slow down.

 

She held out a seashell to him, “Would you like one?”

 

Hongbin looked down at the pretty white seashell he had just seen her pick up a few minutes ago, her smile so brilliant from one tiny seashell. Hongbin shook his head, “It must be precious to you. I can’t just take it.”

 

Even if his heart pounded excitedly at the thought of receiving a gift from her, he knew how much she love seashells, coming here everyday to look for them.

 

The girl’s smile turned into hesitant, her fingers smoothing the lingering sand on it. “This is the 100th seashell I have found. It is precious to me since they say wishes can come true.” she looked back up into his eyes, “After seeing you, I felt like I should give it to you.”

 

The girl placed the seashell in his hands. “But the wish won’t work if it’s not with the person who found it.”

 

The girl giggled, “We’ll see.” she winked at him and walked off back to her table.

 

Hongbin watched as she went, thinking that his wish had already come true.

 

Hakyeon sat at the table, blushing brightly at the thought she just talked to him. Collecting seashells had always been a hobby for her, since she found her first seashell as a child, so he was right when he mentioned they were precious to her. But that 100th seashell was even more precious as it marks the 100th seashell she has picked up since she first saw him.

 

Hakyeon had noticed him from the very beginning when he had been watching her pick seashells day after day. And when he wasn’t watching her she would watch him, he was handsome and took to the duties his parents gave with little complaints. Hakyeon started to wish she could get up her courage to talk to him, so she decided on her 100th seashell she would do just that.

 

Hakyeon hid her blushing face in her arms, she finally got up the courage to talk to him but didn’t even figure out his name.

 

“Here’s your food.”

 

Hakyeon sat up reaching for the food, “Tha-”

 

The boy stood there brightly smiling down at her as he handed over her food. “Enjoy your food.”

 

Hakyeon could only nod as he walked off to take care of another table. She was just about to drown in her sorrows again about losing the chance to get his name when she noticed a sticky note attached to the table.

 

‘My name is Hongbin. I never got your name but thank you for the seashell. One of my wishes already came true so I hope this tiny seashell can grant me another. Can you tell me your name?’

 

Hakyeon got up quickly and walked up to Hongbin conversing with a customer. “It’s Hakyeon.” Hongbin looked over at her, “My name is Hakyeon.”

 

Hongbin smiled even brighter than before and Hakyeon thought she might melt. “I hope this seashell can grant me a third and final wish then. Will you go out with me, Hakyeon?” Inside Hongbin felt nervous and almost cringing from his lame tactics on asking her out.

 

Hakyeon thought her heart would explode from happiness in that moment, “Yes!” she calmed down and lowered her voice, “I mean...yes, I would like to go out on a date with you.”

 

Hongbin almost couldn’t believe it actually worked and he blushed a brilliant red, he almost couldn’t look her in the eyes, “Does a movie sound okay?”

 

Hakyeon nodded, not trusting herself to speak anymore.

 

They exchanged numbers with shy smiles. As Hongbin got back to work and Hakyeon walked back to her table, they both couldn’t believe just one small seashell could bring them together.

 

Jaehwan, who had just watch the exchange, grinned up at his friend. “Finally got yourself a date?”

Hongbin frowned, “Shut up.” But he couldn’t help a smile escape at the thought of seeing her again.


 

I came up with this one randomly last night after thinking I just wanted to write a quick and short oneshot. I hope you all enjoy reading it!

 
Thank you to everyone who reads, comments, subscribes!
 
If anyone of you are wondering about requests. I'm very very slowly working on the requests and I probably won't be taking anymore requests for a long while. But if you still want to request anything I won't stop you. Just remember I don't allow M rated requests.