Keo: Remember: It's Not Too Late For Love

Various VIXX GIRLS AU Oneshot Collection

Remember: It's Not Too Late For Love

(Taekwoon x Jaehwa)

 

Jaehwa smiled softly as she watched the waves wash upon the shore and return back to sea. The burning colors of the disappearing light reflecting in her eyes.

She slowly took out her phone, opening it up to see a picture of her smiling with a not too happy and grumpy Taekwoon. She missed those times.....

She placed her head in her arms and leaned more against the rail. 'I've been gone for so long....that..he doesn't even remember me anymore.....'. A tear fell from her eyes.

"Taekwoon..."

She had been on a foreign exchange program to America for about a year now. Only to find no welcome party to greet her back home, only her three older brothers and mother, her dad working at the time. Her precious friends from the college dance club and the one she really wanted to see weren't there.

She only found out later that there had been new students to join the club. Three girls who seemed to be very clingy with Taekwoon and one in particular that Taekwoon seem to pay special attention to.

Taekwoon wasn't even her boyfriend, but she had promised herself once she returns she would finally....confess her true feelings to him...

It was hopeless from the beginning. It was obvious Taekwoon never liked her. He would always push her away when she was being too clingy, snapping at her when she was too loud, and always ignoring her when she apologized.

Sometimes she wondered why she loved him in the first place.

But then she would remember all the precious times they had spent together. The times when she would break down crying because Taekwoon wouldn't accept her apology for her actions, then he would immediately enveloped her in his embrace and gently comfort and apologize for making her cry. One of the times he gently kissed on the forehead.

She remembered the time that she had fallen asleep on the couch in the club room. And when she woke up, Taekwoon had placed her head on top of his lap, his fingers tangled softly in her hair as if he had been combing through her hair. He had fallen asleep also, his warm and peaceful expression warming her heart.

Even though at times Taekwoon seemed cold and cruel, underneath he is just a big shy bundle of fluff that loves kids and animals. Jaehwa at first never approached him out of fear but, she soon learned of his real personality and fell for him hard.

But she had always had the feeling Taekwoon never liked her that way. That's why she never confessed. She rather be in a one sided relationship then heartbroken. But after coming back and deciding to confess and finding him with another girl, and one he seem to genuinely like, maybe it was better to confess then her heart wouldn't hurt so much.

Taekwoon had never laughed or smiled to her like he did around the new girl. Maybe if she hadn't known him at all, had stayed scared of him then she wouldn't have had to open her heart to him, then.....her heart wouldn't have to hurt as it did now.

The stars begin to twinkle in the fading light, moonlight shone on the water creating a magical glow. The growing darkness hid her tears as she sobbed out all her feelings.

Maybe if she hadn't left, then she would have been the one that his laughs, smiles, hugs, and kisses were directed towards but...it was too late.

"Jaehwa?", a soft voice suddenly called out.

She froze, she would know that voice anywhere. The one voice that haunted her dreams. Jaehwa sniffled quietly and rubbed her eyes. Trying to rid of the evidence of her crying.

"Are you crying?", She could hear Taekwoon walking up to her. She could imagine the concern in his eyes. 'Why was it that Taekwoon was always the cause of her tears?'.

She wanted to turn around and slap him, hit him, yell, and scream out all her feelings just to make him understand the reason for her tears. But she was too scared to turn around, scared of what she might do if she met his gentle and concerned eyes. Scared that she might kiss him.

"Jaehwa?.."  It took all her strength not to turn around.

"Leave me alone!"

Taekwoon startled backed up a little, "Jaehwa, what's the matter?"

'It's you, Taekwoon. You're the problem.' Jaehwa could feel newly fresh tears spring from her eyes, "I....I can't be in the club in anymore. I'm quitting. Tell Hakyeonie-unnie sorry for me."

She loves the club and everyone there. But she can't stand being reminded of Taekwoon every time. She can't take this heartache any longer. She doesn't know where she will go next, but she needs to leave. Hopefully sometime in the future she'll forget all about Taekwoon.

"W-why?", She could tell by the sound of his voice that he was surprised, but...was there also a hint of sadness?

No matter what she thinks Taekwoon, will never like her that way. "The club has become too crowded and I need to focus on my studies more. Besides.....it's not like anyone cares...."

As she uttered the last part, she felt warm arms wrap around her waist and pull her closer to a warm chest. She could feel her heart twirl with hope but, she resisted the feeling. "Let me go." She struggled in his strong embrace. But he only gripped her tighter.

"Never.", He whispered by her ear. She could feel him shaking and his breath uneven, 'Was he crying?'. "Jaehwa, please don't leave me again."

Jaehwa could feel hope spike in her chest and cheeks turning an awful red. 'Was Taekwoon really crying for her?'. "Why not?".

"Because I love you, Jaehwa." She froze, "I have loved since I first saw you. I was afraid of confessing and you rejecting me. That's why I would ignore you and push you away, I'm sorry for that. I was thinking of confessing but then you went on an exchange program. So...I waited for you. But when you got back you completely ignored me. Wh-"

Jaehwa turned around in his arms and shut him up with a long passionate kiss. All their doubts melting away into the starlit night.

Maybe it wasn't too late after all.


Thanks to everyone who subscribes, reads, comments, etc. 

Next Oneshot Preview:

Keo: Dogs vs. Cats:

Jaehwa's profession as an artist/painter has always been influenced by the things around her. She has never been keen on staying in one place or seeing the same old scenery for a long time. And neither has her dog, Ravi, a cute golden retriever.