The Christmas Special

First Love
Merry Christmas everyone! Sorry for taking so long to update the story recently as I am quite busy. Since the past few chapters are quite sad, and its christmas today, I decided to make this special chapter a little more cheerful to match with Christmas~ Hope you will enjoy it!!

Back at the hospital, Jihye came to visit Jihyo who was still unconscious on Christmas morning. 

 

Jihye: Jihyo-ah... Merry Christmas~ How are you feeling today...? I talked to Kwangsoo on the phone last night, he's doing well, so you need to be strong and wake up soon... Wasn't Christmas your favorite holiday? Look, its snowing outside, this white Christmas is really beautiful! Jihyo-ah... Here, I know what can help you gain strength. Its the latest episode of Running Man. It aired not long ago, its the Christmas special. Watch and listen well to see how strong Kwangsoo and your Running Man family is, I know you can do the same... Hwaiting!!

 

Jihye pulled out his laptop and set it in front of Jihyo who was lying on her hospital bed. 

 

A few days ago back in Korea, the Running Man family gathered for filming in front of the Mok Dong SBS building as usual. 

 

Jae Suk: Aish they're making us celebrate Christmas when its not even really Christmas yet

Jong Kook: How can we film with CHristmas sprit when its still a few days until Christmas??

Suk Jin: They always do that, at least it is aired on Cristmas so the viewers will have the Christmas spirit

Gary: Who will be our guest for today? 

PD: You'll find out

HaHa: All that secrecy again? Don't tell me it'll be Noh Sayeon noona? Or Choi Min Soo hyung again?

Jae Suk: It better not be, not that Christmas nightmare stuff again...

Kwangsoo: No!! Don't kidnap Gary hyung again! Andwaeeeee

Jong Kook: Be quiet Kwangsoo-ah

Suk Jin: This kid being so dramatic again, just go shoot your own movie over there

Jae Suk: Anyways, even though its not Christmas for us yet, let's wish the viewers a Merry Christmas!!

Everyone: Merry Christmas!!~

Jae Suk: Another update for the fans, unfortunately, our Miss Mong is still at the hospital... We are still all patiently waiting for her to wake up, so I hope the viewers will also be hopeful andwish for all the best to our Running Man's Ace, I believe Jihyo wouldn't want us to be upset for her either, so let's work hard today and spread the Christmas cheer even to our Mong Jihyo at the hospital so he will wake up and recover soon, okay?

Everyone: Yeaaa

Jong kook: We miss you Jihyo-ah, I need the ace back for some competition, I can beat these guys here with just my pinky

Suk Jin: Look at this kid Jihyo-ah, Kwangsoo just isn't himself without you around, you gotta come back and grab his hair so he'll be himself again

Kwangsoo: Eii hyung what are you talking about...??

HaHa: Jihyo-ah, if you don't come and stop me son I'll reveal all your secrets to the viewers!! Including your real weight XD

Gary: The monday boyfriend is getting lonely without you Mongji

Kwangsoo: Noona... *tears up and looks away from the camera*

Jong Kook: Aww our Kwangsoo don't cryyy

Jae Suk: Yah, this giraffe, didn't we promise we wouldn't cry? We have to be strong for Jihyo...

Kwangsoo: Yes... Sorry... I'll do that again... *facing the camera* Noona... Merry Chistmas~ I miss you... *choked up in tears*

Gary: Aigoo aii Kwangsoo your tears are contagious!! Because of you the shooting atmosphere is now so sad! Ah... STRESS

Kwangsoo: *laughs while crying* Sorry hyung I can't help it

 

The Running Man family all shouted noisily in attempet to cheer up the shooting atmosphere as they hid their tears. They really missed their Mongji, but they promised they will stay strong for her. They huddled together like penguins and hugged each other in laughter. After drying their tears, they resumed filming and lined up in a horizontal line once again. 

 

Jae Suk: Now its time to introduce our guests for today!! Whoever you are... welcomeee

 

From behind the main door of the SBS building, a familiar figure ran up to the Running Man cast, it was the flower boy Joongki. 

 

Joongki: Merry Christmas everyone!! It's been a while~ I'm finally free from my schedules today so I thought it would be nice to spend Christmas with my family I haven't seen in quite a long time

Jae Suk: Eii so cheesy Joongki-ah, its not even Christmas yet!

Joongki: Ahh but maybe I shouldn't have chose today

Suk Jin: Why?

HaHa: What do you mean?

Joongki: Because of the other guest! You guys won't pay any attention to me today

Kwangsoo: There's another guest?

Gary: Who is it? Is it a female guest?

HaHa: Is she pretty?

Jong Kook: Please come out~

 

Everyone stared at the entrance of the building in anticipation. Confetti blasted through the sides as a cheerful girl ran out with a santa hat and presents in her hands. It was the nation's first love Suzy.

 

HaHa: Wahhh daebak! Suzy-ahh

Jae Suk: Suzy-ah, long time no see!!

Gary: Now it really does feel like family!

Joongki: Aish you guys... I told you it would be like that

 

After filming the opening, they proceeded to the games, and just like in every Christmas special, Gary was always the one who wins, this time together with Suzy as they were partnered together. They had fun spending the day with Joongki and Suzy as they were close like a family. 

 

Suzy: Wah... It's gold!! Daebak!

Gary: And its couple rings~~

Kwangsoo: Eii Gary hyung! Suzy doesn't wanna wear it with you!

Suk Jin: Yah this is great, finally someone else is winning the gold

Jae Suk: PD, please give us more gold prizes before Gold Jihyo comes back~

Gary: Aii Mongji Mongji, it doesn't feel right to see gold without you, if you wake up soon oppa will propose to you with this ring Jihyo-ah, so get well soon!!

Kwangsoo: Eii Gary hyung! That should be my role! Why are you doing this?

Gary: Eii who cares what you do off screen! Its Monday today so Jihyo is my monday girlfriend!

Kwangsoo: She's my everyday girlfriend!!

HaHa: Aish stop arguing you two, you're blocking the camera!

Jae Suk: A big thanks to Joongki and Suzy who guested today, do you wanna say a few words?

Joongki: Ah yes, Umm, I really want to thank the PD for giving me this chance to come guest on Running Man again, it really feels like family and I really missed the cast and the staff that we used to work togeter. To be honest, I was really worried about the shooting atmosphere before I came today as I know everyone will be worried and pset about Jihyo noona's condition, but I was really surprised to see how strong everyone is despite the situation and they inspired me to stay strong as well in situations like these. But I have to say, filming Running Man is just different without noona... Noona quickly come back and I promise you I'll come guest on the show again no matter how busy I am!! 

Suzy: Umm thank you for everything today I had a really good time and it really felt like Christmas for me. It really feels like family because I've guested for many times and Running Man is one of my favorite shows, everyone here is so friendly and makes me feel really close. Although personally I am not very close with Jihyo unnie, she is still a good friend and always takes good care of me. She is a really great unnie and seems to be the source of strength for everyone here, so I wish unnie will wake up soon and get well soon too!! We are really worried for you! We love you unnie!! Thank you everyone! Merry Christmas~

Everyone: Merry Christmas!!~

 

Back in Paris, Jihye smiled at Jihyo who hopefully enjoyed the episode. 

 

Jihye: Don't you see Jihyo-ah, everyone is waiting for you back at home, your real home... Don't ever give up, we're all waiting for you!!