Her Decision

First Love

The next morning, Jihyo woke up at the bright sunlight and fresh air of Paris. She was still deep in thought, debating to herself over whether to return to Korea or not. She missed her fans and her Running Man family, and most of all Kwangsoo, but she isn't confident she can stay firmly away from Kwangsoo if she returns and sees him weekly. Just then, Jihyo heard footsteps from outside her hospital room. Thinking it is Jihye and the Running Man family, she called out happily.

 

Jihyo: Goodmorning oppas!! I'm up so you can come in~

 

The door slowly slid open, but the man standing at the door was not Jihye, and neither was it her Running Man oppas. There stood a tall and lanky man, with a suitcase in his hands.

 

Jihyo: Who is it...? It can't be... Kwangsoo...?

 

Several hours ago, Kwangsoo completed his photoshoot schedules and was having dinner with his manager at the company cafeteria. Suddenly, Kwangsoo stood up in the middle of the meal in panic. 

 

Manager: Whats the matter?

Kwangsoo: Hyung... My phone! I left it upstairs at the company studio! Can you help me take it please?

Manager: Aish... how can you be so clumsy, I'll go get it after the meal

Kwangsoo: No... Now!! It's urgent, I really need my phone, please hyung

Manager: Okay okay, I'll go now

Kwangsoo: Thanks hyung

 

Kwangsoo's manager gulped down the last spoon of rice and left the cafeteria to retrieve Kwangsoo's phone. Seeing his manager leave the cafeteria, Kwangsoo immediately jumped to the seat opposite to him and started digging through his manager's backpack. At last he found what he was lookng for. Slowly, he pulled out his passport and quickly slid it into his pocket. He then put things back into the backpack properly and left a note on top that reads:

 

Hyung, I am very sorry, but something came up so I have to leave first. I hope you will understand me. I actually have my phone, so don't worry about it. Please enjoy your meal. Seeing I have a day off tomorrow, there is a place I have to go, I'm sure you know that hyung, but please don't tell my mother. I will be back before my schdule on the day after. Thank you.

--Kwangsoo

 

With that, Kwangsoo went home to grab his suitcase and sped towards the airport with his passport in his hands. Hours later, he found himself back at Paris again. He quickly rushed to the hospital and arrived at the door of Jihyo's hospital room. He hesitated at the door until he heard Jihyo's voice calling out. Tears filled his eyes at hearing his noona's voice. He slowly slid open the door and stepped into the hospital room. Hearing Jihyo call his name, his heart leaped and he rushed over and hugged Jihyo tightly, shocking the girl in the hospital bed. 

 

Jihyo: Is it really you...? Kwangsoo...??

Kwangsoo: Noona... Jihyo noona!! *cries* You bad girl, why did you get hurt to save me... I'm so glad you're alright... Do you know how worried I was... How devestated I was thinking you may never wake up again...

 

Jihyo slowly reached out her arms and wrapped them over Kwangsoo's body. Tears rolled down her cheeks as it has been ages since she last smelled the scent of her giraffe. She gently patted Kwangsoo's back to comfort him. At that moment, she finally made her decision. Interuppted by Jihye and the other Running Man members, they quickly pulled away from each other and acted as if nothing had happened. 

 

Jihye: Wow are we interupting something? How are you feeling Jihyo-ah

Jihyo: I'm good oppa, thanks

Jae Suk: Looks like we came here too soon, should've stayed outside for a little longer

HaHa: Should we go out again and let them reconcile once and for all?

Jihyo: Ya! Just stay here oppa

Jong Kook: How could you just sneak here without even telling us Kwangsoo-ah

Suk Jin: But tha hug just now, I'm guessing you guys are all good again?

Gary: So are you guys together again?

Jihyo: No... Its not like that oppa... We're not getting back together...

HaHa: What do you mean... So you're just gonna stay here?

Suk Jin: Ya, what about us then? You're really leaving your life in Korea?

Jihyo: I've thought about it... And I've decieded that I will go back to Korea after I have fully recovered. I will slowly return to my activities, starting with Running Man, if you guys will accept me back that is...

Jae Suk: What are you talking about Miss Mong? Of course we'll accept you coming back, we've all been waiting for you this whole time!! 

Jihye: What about your relationship with Kwangsoo...?

Kwangsoo: Noona... please...

Jihyo: We'll just stay the way we are now... I promised your mother Kwangsoo-ah, and its for your own good too, I'll always just be your noona, but I'm afraid that's it... I know things will be awkward and difficult between us Kwangsoo-ah... but lets just try hard together... okay...?

Gary: Must you do this Jihyo-ah...

Kwangsoo: Its okay... If thats what you want noona... I'll do that

Jihyo: Thanks for understanding guys...

 

After spending the day at the hospital with Jihyo, the Running Man members returned to Korea that night. Jihye sat next to Jihyo who is sleeping sweetly on her hospital bed. 

 

Jihye: Doing this to yourself, will you really be happy this way? Why can't you be true to your heart and just get back together with Kwangsoo... You must really love him a lot... Please, just don't get hurt like this again... I hate seeing you so upset... But I guess its for the best, at least for now everything is okay once again... Sweet dreams Jihyo-ah... Sleep tight~

 

Jihye helps Jihyo pull up her blanket so she will be warm, and he leaves a cup of water beside Jihyo's bed, knowing that she always craves for something to drink when she wakes up. Jihye tucked a strand of Jihyo's hair behind her ears and smiled. Quietly, making sure he doesn't wake her, he leaves the hospital room and returns home.