The Scrapbook Diary

First Love

Throughout the week, Jihyo had tried to fill up her time alone without the giraffe around, she spent more time sleeping, eating and exercising, but there wasn't a day that passed by where she didn't think about Kwangsoo. She couldn't understand why, but she just missed him a lot. Finally the day has come, where Kwangsoo will return. Jihyo jumped out of her bed excitedly, she was planning to go pick up Kwangsoo at the airport but she didn't tell him as she wanted to surprise him. She had some breakfast on the way to the airport, and picked up Kwangsoo's favorite drink for take out. She held the take out drink in one hand, and a giraffe doll with a banner that reads "Welcome Home Nae Kirin (My Giraffe)!!" in the other hand. It was crowded at the arrival gate with many Kwangsoo fans, luckily, no one noticed Jihyo as they were all too focused on the gate to see their idol. Kwangsoo finally stepped out of the gate, he was happy to see his fans as he smiled and waved to them, took photos with fans and signed a few autographs. His eyes then landed on a tiny banner that caught his eye, the handwriting was familiar to him, he was sure he had seen it somewhere, then he saw his noona, smiling brightly, her eyes lit up, shouting out his name just like any other fan. Kwangsoo was confused at first, he thought he was just imagining things, he squinted his eyes and rubbed them, then he realied, it was real, the noona that he missed so much, had come personally to the airport to welcome him. Without any hesitation, he ran over to his noona and gave her a tight hug. The fans screamed at the sight until they realized it was Jihyo who was standing amongst them. The bodyguards rushed over to prevent fans from over pushing, while the two looked at each other dreamingly, as if they were in their own world with no one else around. 

 

Jihyo: Welcome home Kwangsoo-ah

Kwangsoo: Noona!! Why did you come? Why didn't you tell me?

Jihyo: Because its supposed to be a surprise! How would it be a surprise if I told you? Here, you must be thirsty, noona bought it just the way you like it

Kwangsoo: Thanks~ Noona... I missed you

Jihyo: Me too, I've missed you a lot nae kirin-ah, do you know how lonely I was without you goofing around and craking me up all the time?

Kwangsoo: Eii, noona would just be sleeping half the time right?

 

Jihyo grabbed Kwangsoo's hair and laughed at his helpless expression as he kept saying sorry and begged her to release him. The fans cheered at the rare sight of Bad Jihyo right in front of their eyes. Jihyo released Kwangsoo and the broke into another hug. Kwangsoo took the giraffe doll and the heavy banner from Jihyo's hand and handed it to his manager to put in the luggage cart so Jihyo doesn't have to carry it. He then wrapped his arms around Jihyo to protect her as they pushed their way out of the airport within the crowd. Jihyo silently smiled as her thoughtful giraffe held her tightly and made sure she was safe first, before considering himself. Jihyo thanked him as they got on the car safely, Kwangsoo's manager drove them back to Kwangsoo's house. Jihyo realized this was the first time she had went to Kwangsoo's house. Every time, Kwangsoo would be the one to come over and take care of her, she suddenly felt sad and sorry to Kwangsoo. Kwangsoo noticed his noona's change in mood as he carefully asked her what was the matter. 

 

Kwangsoo: Noona, are you okay?

Jihyo: Huh? oh yea, I'm fine

Kwangsoo: Why aren't you smiling then?

Jihyo: Nothing... Its just that, I realized I've actually never been to your house before but you always come all the way to my house to take care of me... I just feel sorry...

Kwangsoo: Eii noona, it doesn't matter

Jihyo: It does matter!! You've always thought of me before yourself while I've done nothing for you...

Kwangsoo: Noona! DId you get amnesia or what? How could you say that? Don't you remember? You saved my life!

Jihyo: Yea but...

Kwangsoo: Okay noona, if you wanna be my slave I don't mind XD

Jihyo: Ya! Lee Kwangsoo! Do you wanna die? Who's gonna be your slave?

Kwangsoo: Just kidding, well, I will be moving to my new house this weekend, the hyungs will be coming over to help me, do you wanna come?

Jihyo: Sure, count me in, just don't make me do everything

Kwangsoo: Don't worry, I'll let Jong Kook hyung carry everything hehe, thats what his muscles are for anyways

 

They finally arrived Kwangsoo's house, as he is moving soon, most things are packed into boxes, he doesn't have to unpack his luggage either. They walked in to the house that now seems empty with only a few things lying around. Jihyo took a walk around the house as Kwangsoo heated up some food to eat. Then something caught her eye, she saw Kwangsoo's scrapbook diary. As she opened it, her eyes widened, it was filled with stories and a few photos of her throughout the years, from secondary school all the way to the first Running Man filming. 

 

Kwangsoo: Noona? Where are you? Noona? Jihyo Noo... Noona...

 

Kwangsoo stuttered when he saw Jihyo with the scrapbook diary in her hands. Jihyo stared at him in disbelief, she opened to speak, but there was no sound coming out. 

 

Kwangsoo: Noona... It... It's not what you think it is... I... Please let me explain...

Jihyo: All this time... you...

Kwangsoo: Yes... I think you know it now... I've liked you since secondary school... since then I've always watched you from afar... You might think its creepy, but... honestly I'm not trying to stalk you or anything, I just... wanted to make sure you're safe... Those photos... Thats all there is... I only took them because... you were so beautiful... I couldn't help it... Just for me to keep as a memory... I never thought I'd have the chance meet you again...

Jihyo: Even when I lost contact with my secondary school life... You still followed me and watched me...? 

Kwangsoo: Yes... Noona... I'm sorry... I never thought you would find out... I never expected you to see this...

Jihyo: So even when we've gone close again, you were still going to keep this a secret from me...?

Kwangsoo: Yes... Sorry noona... I'm really sorry...

 

Jihyo continued to flip through the pages until she saw a photo, she was sitting at the beach watching the sunset. She remembered that night, she was very upset after she got into a fight with her parents, she got drunk but is still conscious, shakingly she got up and walked home. Suddenly, she got interrupted by two drunk men, asking her to go clubbing and go for a drink with them. Jihyo was really afriad, but there was nothing she could do, there was no one around even when she screamed out for help. The two men grabbed her and pulled her away as she tried to fight them off, but they were two strong. All of a sudden, a tall man ran in and fought the two drunk man off, helped Jihyo up and quickly disappeared before Jihyo could even thank him. Back to reality, Jihyo looked at Kwangsoo in shock.

 

Jihyo: That night... That... The man... Was it you... The man who saved me...It was you...?

Kwangsoo: Yes... That... was me... The only reason I've ever followed you was to protect you... to keep you safe... So when I saw you were in danger... All I could think of at the moment is to save you...

 

At the time, Jihyo was already crying, with tears streaming down her cheeks. She felt very confused, she didn't understand how she felt, she was shocked by Kwangsoo's actions, but then a part of her felt touched by Kwangsoo's innocent heart, his simple mind that only wishes to protect her. Kwangsoo was on his knees, begging for her forgiveness. Jihyo's heart immediately softened. She realized she could never be angry at this innocent, simple-minded and pure giraffe who would devote his all to his life aim. She sat on the floor and held Kwangsoo's hands, she couldn't bring herself to say anthing. She reached out to hug Kwangsoo as he wiped off her tears. Jihyo's hug meant the world to him, because he understood it meant she has forgiven him. Jihyo calmed down and thanked Kwangsoo for silently watching over her all these years, Kwangsoo now no longer needed to hide, he could protect her, right in front of everyone. They continued to talk about those few years where Kwangsoo had watched her and tried to protect her. 

 

Kwangsoo: Jihyo-ah... Noona... I hope you can understand... All I want... All I need is for you to be safe, to be happy... If you don't allow me to take this role, at least let me continue to stay by your side, as a dongsaeng... 

 

Jihyo didn't answer his question. She took out an instand camera, pulled Kwangsoo to her side to take a selca, right at the moment the camera flashes, she turned to kiss Kwangsoo on his cheek. She left Kwangsoo in confusion as she printed out the photo, turned his scrapbook diary to a new page, pasted the photo there, then wrote on the side "Jihyo is officially my girlfriend~"

Kwangsoo couldn't believe his eyes, he stared at the page unable to comprehend, when he finally understood what has happened, he couldn't hide his clown smile on his face that reaches as high as his ears. He pulled Jihyo into a tight hug. 

 

Kwangsoo: Thank you Jihyo-ah... I love you noona...