Welcome Home

First Love

Months later, Jihyo has finally fully recovered from the accident, and is well back in shape, healthy and energized. Thanks to Jihye always taking a good care of her, she was able to recover quickly, and soon she was ready to return to her career. Jihyo kept in contact with the Running Man family during all this time as they constantly checked on her recovery process, hoping to see her soon.

At this moment, Jihyo recieved a message from Kwangsoo:

 

Noona, you're leaving Paris today right? When is your flight? Me and the hyungs plan to come pick you up at the airport, the Running Man PD says he wants to bring a few VJs to film your big return as well. How are you doing? In case you were wondering, I'm doing well. Can't wait to see you noona~

--Kwangsoo

 

Jihyo smiled at the message and replied him teling him the details of her flight. She could sense a strong wall of awkwardness in Kwangsoo's choice of words in the message. She could tell that he was being careful at what he says, afterall, they decided to maintain a noona-dongsaeng relationship. It isn't easy for either of them, but Jihyo chuckled at the fact that Kwangsoo restrained himself from typing "I miss you" where he used to do so all the time even before they started dating. 

 

Jihyo: Silly giraffe, it must be difficult for you, noona is sorry Kwangsoo-ah, please understand... *sigh* If its this awkward even in a text, whats gonna happen when we meet face to face...

 

Jihyo looked around Jihye's house, she didn't bring much here from Korea, so there isnt much to bring back either. She finished up her packing and went down to the market. Knowing spaghetti was Jihye's favorite food, she bought tons of ingredients and made him a delicious meal before she left to thank him. 

Jihye came home smelling the scrumptious food to see Jihyo waiting for him at the dining table. 

 

Jihye: Whats all this? Ya it smells so gooooooood~

Jihyo: Of course! I made it, I'm leaving tonight oppa, so I wanted to cook this last meal for you before i leave, afterall you've done so much for me and you are such a great friend, how can I ever thank you...

Jihye: Hey, its my pleasure, so no worries, but man this just smells so good, and I'm so hungry too!! Let's eat~

Jihyo: Okayy

 

Jihyo watched as Jihye dug into the meal. She looked at him expectedly, waiting for a response. Jihye looked up to see Jihyo staring at him. 

 

Jihye: Why are you looking at me like that? Is there something on my face? Are am I too handsome that you can't take your eyes off me? XD

Jihyo: What?? Yea right you're so handsome, thats the best joke I've ever heard of! But how is it, the food...

Jihye: How can you say its a joke?? Its true! I'm so sad you don't think I'm handsome... It tastes bad! *pretending to be angry*

Jihyo: It tasts bad?? How could you Jihye oppa, do you wanna die?? *grabs his hair*

Jihye: Ahhhhh okay okay sorry, you're right, I'm wrong, I'm sorry

Jihyo: *giggles as she releases his hair* Thanks so much oppa, I'm gonna miss you

Jihye: Hey, feel free to drop by for a visit or vacation anytime you want, if you have the time that is, I'll always be here for you :)

 

After the meal, Jihye drove Jihyo to the airport. After a long goodbye, Jihye watched as Jihyo departed and borded the plane. After spending months with Jihyo, seeing her leave made him feel a sudden sense of emptiness. 

Hours later at Korea, the airport is filed with fans welcoming Jihyo's return. The Running Man stood at the arrival gate with their self-made fan banners and plank cards. They were able to secure the first row thanks to the help of security, or else it would be impossible given the amount of fans that has gathered at the tiny Incheon airport. Suddenly, screams and squeals rang in the airport as they saw the actress step out. Jihyo was surprised to see so many people at the airport for her. She read the banners from the fans that are filled with love and support for her. Her eyes then laid on 6 men who awkwardly stood at the arrival gate, surrounded by security. She bursted into laughter reading their plank cards and seeing them act like a fan. But she was really touched, she never imagined her Running Man family would do all this for her as they were all busy people. She ran over to them and landed into a group hug. Unknowingly, tears began to roll down Jihyo's cheeks, but this time, they're happy tears, she just missed them too much. The fans cheered loudly at the sight of the reunion of the Running Man family. After a while, they began to make their way towards the car park through a secret passage. Thinking they are taking her home, she was surprised to see the driver driving towards a different direction. 

 

Jihyo: Oppa, where are we going?

Suk Jin: Its a secret

Jihyo: Eiiii whats this? Are you guys gonna kidnap me or something? 

Jong kook: Does it seem like thats what we're doing??

Jihyo: How do I know... this wouldn't be a hidden camera would it?

HaHa: Of course not! What do you take us for Jihyo-ah

Jihyo: Then where are we going?

Gary: You'll find out soon, we're almost there

Jae Suk: Just be patient and stop asking questions Miss Mong!

 

They blindfolded Jihyo as they led her off the car. Together, they stepped into a dark room and took off Jihyo's blindfold. She couldn't see a thing as it was pitch black. She fumbled to grab someone next to her to make sure she's not being left alone there. Whoever it was next to her, she held him tightly. All of sudden, the lights along with blasting of confetti. The Running Man members had decided to throw her a welcome home party, inviting all her good friends and her family. Jihyo was so surprised that she leaped into the hug of the person next to her. She felt a familiar scent as she looked up to see Kwangsoo standing there awkwardly while she was hugging him. She quickly stepped back without thinking, she saw Kwangsoo's face fell at her actions, but pretended he was okay. She hated to be this awkward with her lovely giraffe, she thought to herself that its gonna take a long long time to get used to.