The Accident

First Love

It was midnight, Kwangsoo got drunk and went home sober after Jihyo left him. As he was about to pass out from exhaustion on his bed, he recieved a call. 

 

-----Phone Call-----

Kwangsoo: Hello? Who is this...?

Woman: Is this Kwangsoo...?

Kwangsoo: Yes it is, and you are...?

Woman: I'm Kun Yang's mother...

Kwangsoo: Oh aunty, what's the matter?

Woman: *crying* Kwangsoo... 

Kwangsoo: Aunty? Are you okay? Did something happen?

Woman: Kun Yang... Kun Yang... he... in the US... He got into an accident...

Kwangsoo: What...? How did that happen... How is he? Where is he right now...?

Woman: He... I dont know... They said... he's gone... This is all my fault... I never should've let him leave Korea...

Kwangsoo: ... 

Woman: It's all because of me...

Kwangsoo: Aunty... Don't say that, its not your fault... Aunty... He... He wouldn't want you to blame yourself... You should take a rest for now...

Woman: Thanks Kwangsoo-ah... I will... Please help me spread this to his friends... I can't handle this...

Kwangsoo: Okay aunty... I will...

-----Phone Call-----

 

Kwangsoo collapsed onto his bed. He cried in disbelief, unable to accept that he has lost his best friend. All this was too much for him, he couldn't handle everything that has happened to him today, at last he shut out everything and went to sleep. 

The next day, Kwangsoo woke up and did his usual routine. He made himself a salad for breakfast and sat at the sofa. When he the TV, the news had reported about Kun Yang's accident, triggering Kwangsoo's mind to be refreshed with what had happened last night. He began to mourn for his hyung's death as he suddenly remembered Jihyo. 

 

Kwangsoo: Oh no... Jihyo noona...

 

In a split second, he immediately grabbed his keys and sped towards Jihyo's house. He tried calling Jihyo but there was no answer. At this time, he recieved a call from Jae Suk. 

 

-----Phone Call-----

Jae Suk: Kwangsoo-ah, are you okay? Did you see the news today...

Kwangsoo: Hyung... For now, I'm fine... but noona, Jihyo noona, try calling her, she isn't answering my calls, I'm going to her home now. 

Jae Suk: I tried calling her too but she isn't picking up, do you think she saw the news? Or would she be still sleeping?

Kwangsoo: Even if she was alseep the calls would have woken her up... She might not answer my calls but she wouldn't ignore your calls... You don't think noona would do anything stupid would she?

Jae Suk: I hope not... She wouldn't... I'll get the others and come over to Jihyo's house, but Kwangsoo-ah, don't only think of Jihyo, make sure you are okay as well...

Kwangsoo: I'll be fine...

-----Phone Call-----

 

A tear rolled down Kwangsoo's cheek as soon as he hung up, he wiped it off and told himself, not now, he can't be weak right now, he needs to be strong, Jihyo needs him. 

He finally arrived at Jihyo's house, he rang the bell over and over but there was no answer, he punched in the password and entered the house. He looked around, the house was messy, soju bottles were left on the kitchen counter, the TV was on but muted, cushions layed on the floor. In the corner of Jihyo's room, he found Jihyo curled up with her blanket, sitting in the corner, crying. 

 

Kwangsoo: Noona... Noona... how are you...

Jihyo: Kwangsoo...? Kwangsoo-ah... Kun Yang oppa... he... how could... why...

Kwangsoo: I know... I saw it too... Noona...

Jihyo: How could he do that to me... How could he just leave me like that... Without saying... He... He promised he'd never leave me... He promised... And I didn't even make up with him.... that day... how could he just leave like that... Why...

 

Kwangsoo didn't hesitate and rushed over towards Jihyo, he broke her away from the blanket and wrapped his arms around her. He allowed Jihyo to hide and cry in his embrace while he tried to hold back his tears. He hugged her tightly, lightly stoking her back. 

 

Jihyo: Kwangsoo... but last night... I'm so sorry...

Kwangsoo: Shh... Don't think about last night, don't think about anything...

 

Kwangsoo pulled Jihyo's head onto his chest, tightly holding her, hoping she would feel safe and secure.

Soon the rest of the Running Man family arrived, they sat on the floor, next to the two of them, showing mental support and allowed them to grieve in peace. They sat there for hours, soon Jong Kook got up and went to make some food. 

 

Jihyo: Thanks oppa, but I'm not hungry... 

Kwangsoo: Hyung... thanks, but I don't have the appitite to eat... 

Gary: Mongji... You should eat something even if you don't feel like eating...

Suk Jin: He's right, even if you're not hungry, at least eat something... Kwangsoo you as well...

Kwangsoo: It's okay... Noona you should go eat...

HaHa: Kwangsoo-ah... If you don't eat as well, Jihyo will never eat...

Kwangsoo: Alright... Noona, they're right... Let's just eat some okay?

Jihyo: No need... You guys eat...

Kwangsoo: Noona... Come on... Please...?

Jihyo: Okay...

 

They all gathered at the dining table, quietly eating. Jae Suk tried to induce a light chat so they would feel better. All of them stayed the night at Jihyo's house as neither of them wanted to be alone. Although they didn't say anything, they were glad to have some company.