Awkward

First Love

One morning, the good friends Kwangsoo and Jo In Sung went to meet a movie producer along with their managers. It turns out that the movie producer is considering the two of them as candidates for the male lead. The atmosphere suddenly turns awkward as they both seem interested in taking the offer, but neither wants to snatch away the job of their friend. 

 

Kwangsoo: The story seems like a good one

Jo In Sung: Yea, this is a great opportunity

Kwangsoo: Hyung... You should take the offer

Jo In Sung: Me? Why...? You should Kwangsoo-ah, you are such a good actor your talent deserves to be showcased to the world, didn't you say you always wanted to try play a male lead? Now you've finally got the chance...

Kwangsoo: Eii hyung... you'll probably do a better job than me...

Jo In Sung: Nonesense... You should take the offer Kwangsoo

Kwangsoo: Its okay hyung, you take it, some onf the filming schedules is overlapped with my schedules anyways, it'll be troublesome to reschedule, so just take the offer

Jo In Sung: Are you sure...? You won't regret this?

Kwangsoo: Of course! Congratulations hyung~

 

On the next day Jihyo was at her company, discussing with her manager about a movie offer. 

 

Jihyo: A female lead? This sounds good

Manager: The script seems quite interesting too, I think you should accept this

Jihyo: Should I? What about my schedule unnie?

Manager: I've already checked, you don't have too much going on, so the movie filming can fit into your schedule quite well

Jihyo: Really? Then should I accept it?

Mangager: I think you should, its a good character for you, who knows, maybe this will get you the daesang next year!

Jihyo: Eii unnie... So there should be no problem for me to accept this right?

Manager: Yup, I'll settle it, oh but... wait... 

Jihyo: Hmm...?

Manager: I almost forgot... There is perhaps one little problem...

Jihyo: What is it?

Manager: The male lead you'll be working with... I heard that... it'll be Jo In Sung...

Jihyo: What...?? In... In Sung oppa...??

Manager: Yes... And since you'll both be playing the leads... I'm afraid there might be some intimate scenes...

Jihyo: What do I do... It'll be awkward... and for Kwangsoo too... He was already uncomfortable with it when In Sung hugged me that day during filming...

Manager: Will you still take this offer then...?

Jihyo: I don't know... Give me some time, maybe I should discuss this with Kwangsoo first...

 

That night, Jihyo went over to Kwangsoo's house for dinner. After eating, Jihyo snuggled into Kwangsoo's arms as they sat on the sofa and watched television. 

 

Jihyo: Kwangsoo-ah...

Kwangsoo: Yea? What's up noona?

Jihyo: Well... I...

Kwangsoo: Eii noona, don't tell me you're still hungry?? Want me to get you some snacks?

Jihyo: No... That's not it Kwangsoo-ah...

Kwangsoo: Wow... you're rejecting snacks...?? This must be something serious, what is it noona?

Jihyo: I received a movie offer today, to play the female lead, the script is really good and my schedule matches with it too

Kwangsoo: Really? That sounds great! Did you accept it?

Jihyo: No... not yet...

Kwangsoo: Why...? Is it because you need to film overseas? 

Jihyo: No... Kwangsoo-ah... There will probably be intimate scenes with the male lead

Kwangsoo: If its just that then its alright noona, didn't I tell you before? I don't get jealous that easily, because I can tell what is real and what isn't, we're real and a movie isn't

Jihyo: But... the male lead... is Jo In Sung...

Kwangsoo: Jo In Sung...? In Sung hyung...??

Jihyo: Yea...

Kwangsoo: By any chance... the movie offer... is it from Producer Park...?

Jihyo: Yes, wait... how did you know...?

Kwangsoo: The other day, Producer Park talked to both In Sung hyung and I for the male lead of his new movie... But I rejected it at last because it overlapped with some of my schedules...

Jihyo: Wait... So the male lead could've been you...? Yah you idiot, why didn't you accept the offer... You fool, if you were the male lead then I could accept the offer cooly with no worries... Aish... 

Kwangsoo: Ahh... sorry noona, I didn't know you would be the female lead... but noona... I know you really want to do this movie... so just accept the offer, I promise I won't be jealous

Jihyo: I know you won't get jealous... but I'm just worried it will be very awkward for all three of us... I don't want your friendship to be affected because of this either... I'm afraid it will be really uncomfortable for you...

Kwangsoo: Well... Take the offer noona, I know how much you want to act in this movie, Producer Park's movies are always really successful too, I'll support you noona

Jihyo: Kwangsoo-ah... Really...? Are you sure about this...?

Kwangsoo: yes, I'm sure... I'll be more relieved too, because I know In Sung hyung will take care of you well

Jihyo: Thank you Kwangsoo-ah... Really thank you for understanding...

Kwangsoo: Now that that's out of the way, wanna grab some snacks?

Jihyo: Suree~

 

A few weeks later, Jihyo and Jo In Sung met at studio to shoot for the teaser photos and promotional posters. They started with invidivual shots as they both showed off the charms of their character. The director was satisfied and happy with their work. They then moved on to couple shots. Jihyo awkwardly stood next to Jo In Sung as also only put his arms up mid air, preteding to have his arm over Jihyo. The director requested for some intimate poses, claiming that they are both actors and they've done much more skinship before anyways. Jihyo's face turned red at the director's words. Jihyo flinched as Jo In Sung hesitantly put his hands over Jihyo's waist. 

 

Director: Yah! What are you two doing?? Aren't you all professional actors?? How can you guys shoot the movie if even taking a photo is so hard for you??

Jihyo: I'm sorry director, I'll work harder...

Jo In Sung: Jihyo-ah... you okay...?

Jihyo: Huh...? Oh... Yea I'm okay

Jo In Sung: Is it because of that movie before...? And Kwangsoo...?

Jihyo: Yea... I've talked to Kwangsoo and he said he's okay with it... So it's alright, but I guess I'm just a little nervous... Since... you know...

Jo In Sung: I'm sorry... If I knew, I wouldn't have taken the offer, it would've been better to have a real couple taking the leads anyways

Jihyo: No, its fine...

Jo In Sung: Well, this is just a movie, just like that time... so just relax and follow my lead okay? 

Jihyo: Okay...

 

The two continued their photoshoot as they posed a bit more comfortable together. The director was happy with the back hug shots, but he wanted some more intamacy to grab people's attention with the teaser photos. He requested for a shot where the two would hug closely while baring their upper body with their lower body covered with sharing one towel. Jihyo flustered at the suggestion and tried to dismiss the idea, but the director was keen on the concept to gain more attention. Jihyo unwillingly followed the director's orders, her expression hardened as she felt her bare body touch Jo In Sung's body. She wished they could get this over with as soon as possible, but the director was unsatisfied with their expressions, complaining that they looked awkward together and was not natural enough. Taking a deep breath, Jihyo leaned intimately towards Jo In Sung with a natural smile on her face. Surprised by Jihyo's actions, Jo In Sung froze, then he also co-operated and did the same. The director was finally happy with the photos, allowing the photoshooting session to finally end. 

Jihyo changed and dashed onto her car at once when she saw her manager waiting for her to pick her up. 

 

Manager: So... How was it?

Jihyo: Ugh... Don't even ask... It was way too awkward... What should I do unnie...

Manager: Its okay, you did well, you did a great job

 

With that, Jihyo went home, took a long shower and finally went to sleep.