Getting Drunk

First Love

It has been months and the Running Man family grew so much closer each filming. Jihyo has also put away her sadness from her first love with the laughter provided by the members. After another week of filming, the Running Man members went out for dinner, except for Jihyo because she had schedules early next morning. 


Gary: Take care Mongji!!

Kwangsoo: Bye Noona!!

Jihyo: okay bye!! See you next week! 

Running Man male cast: Bye!!

 

They waved to Jihyo as her manager arrived the filming site to pick her up. As Jihyo got home, she realized there was nothing but a pack of ramen in her kitchen. 


Jihyo: Aish that won't do, I'm really hungry but if I eat ramen my face will get bloated tomorrow, and I have a photoshoot tomorrow... I'll just get something to eat downstairs then


Jihyo went to the nearest convenience store and bought a salad. It wasn't enough to fulfill her hunger after a day of running, but she was on a strict diet so she had no choice. Feeling grumpy with hunger, Jihyo headed back home. On the way back, someone caught her eye.


Jihyo: Hmm... He looks very familiar, who is it...?


All of a sudden, Jihyo remembered, it was a person she could never forget in her life - Kun Yang Oppa. Jihyo gasped and shrieked in shock.

 

Jihyo: Kun Yang oppa...?? 

 

The person turned his back to face Jihyo, his eyes widened at the sight of Jihyo.

 

Kun Yang: Wow Jihyo! How long has it been? How are you?

 

Jihyo was confused "how could oppa act like nothing happened? Does he even remember what happened?"

 

Kun Yang: Jihyo? Song Jihyo? 

 

Snapping out of her thoughts, Jihyo shook her head and answered.


Jihyo: Oh um... I'm good, and you...?

Kun Yang: Great, I came back to Korea to visit my parents.

Jihyo: I see...

Kun Yang: Wanna go out for a drink? Or can you still do that now that you're a celebrity? 


Despite knowing she had a schedule tomorrow, she still agreed as she couldn't bring herself to refuse him.


Jihyo: Um... Sure


They chatted through the night like a reunion amongst old friends. 


Then Kun Yang's phone rang, so he stepped out to take the call. It was from Kwangsoo. 


----- Phone Call-----

Kwangsoo: Hyung! You still up for the drink tonight as you promised?

Kun Yang: Sure, why not you join us, I ran into Jihyo and we're having a drink together right now. 

Kwangsoo: Really? Jihyo Noona...? Is she okay?

Kun Yang: She seems fine, why? Are you coming or not?

Kwangsoo: Nothing... Okay, I'll come.

Kun Yang: Cya Kwangsoo-ah

Kwangsoo: Cya hyung 

-----Phone Call-----


Meanwhile, when Kun Yang was taking his call, Jihyo was getting drunk. She couldn't understand how her oppa can just forget everything after breaking her heart, the worse thing was, she was happy to see him again, the indescribable feeling of joy made her fall in love with her oppa even deeper. The problem was, her oppa had told her that he got a new girlfriend, completely unaware of Jihyo's feelings. Jihyo's heart sank, she had expected it, but she never thought he would tell her so directly like it was a piece of good news to share between friends, because this meant her oppa had forgotten about her feelings, and that she can only be a friend to her oppa, she could see the clear line he drew from her tonight. Filled with mixed emotions, Jihyo got herself drunk with never stopping bottles of soju. 

When Kun Yang returned after his phone call, he was shocked to see Jihyo already half drunk, he tried to stop her from keeping on drinking, he quickly placed his hat on her to cover her face, afraid a scandal would emerge if people recognized her. Soon Jihyo had lost her conscious from all the alcohol. Kun Yang didn't know what to do, he did not know where Jihyo lived, and he couldn't possibly take her to his home because if a scandal is formed, her image would be greatly damaged.

A while later, Kwangsoo arrived. Seeing his noona drunk, he hurried over and held her.

 

Kwangsoo: Noona... Noona!! What happened to you? Why did you drink so much?

Kun Yang: She was fine just now. When I left to answer your call then came back, she was already half drunk, I don't even know why she kept on drinking all of a sudden. 

Kwangsoo: Hyung, why didn't you look after her? Why would she get drunk all of a sudden? She has a schedule tommorow early in the morning!

Kun Yang: Really? She didn't tell me... Why did she come drink with me then?

Kwangsoo: Hyung, don't you understand? Its obvious, when it comes to you, she's willing to do anything... She must've been really upset to drink this much... Did you say anthing to her that might hurt her feelings?

Kun Yang: I dunno... I'm not sure...

Kwangsoo: Well, either way, lets get her home first. I don't think she'll be able to attend her photoshoot tomorrow... Take care of her first hyung, I'll contact her manager to delay her schedules and go get a taxi. 

 

After Kwangsoo left, Kun Yang sat down beside Jihyo, he held him in his arms, fixing her hair and adjusting the hat on her to cover her face better. 

 

Kun Yang: Yah pabo... Why didn't you tell me? That you were uncomfortable with me talking about my girlfriend... I''m sorry Jihyo-ah... For now, and for back then too... 

 

He gently her hair and pulled her into a hug. He then lifted her up and piggy backed her, taking her to the taxi. 

 

Kwangsoo: I'll take her home, sorry hyung, I think we'll have to meet up again next time. 

Kun Yang: No problem, just tell me when you're free, hopefully its within my vacation here in Korea. 

Kwangsoo: Alright, goodnight hyung!

Kun Yang: Goodnight! Oh, and, be sure to get her some hangover soup, or she'll be having some real bad headaches tomorrow... Take good care of her Kwangsoo-ah

Kwangsoo: I got it hyung. Don't worry, bye!

Kun Yang: Bye!

 

When Kwangsoo finally managed to take Jihyo home and took her to her bed, he went downstairs for some ingredients to make a hangover soup and some light breakfast. 

Kwangsoo knelt beside Jihyo's bed, he gently caressed her face and spoke softly. 

 

Kwangsoo: Noona, why did you force yourself when you knew it would ned up like this? Why did you still go drink with Kun Yang hyung knowing that you'll get hurt again? I guess you missed him a lot didn't you... So you still loved him that much... But noona... Don't get hurt anymore, it breaks my heart to see you like that... Please...

 

Sensing peace within Jihyo, he swtiched off the lights and closed the door to Jihyo's room. He then went to the kitchen to prepare the hangover soup and breakfast. He placed them in the fridge after he finished. He then lay down on the sofa, snuggled onto Jihyo's pillow and fell asleep. 

The next morning, it was nearly noon, but as expected of Jihyo, she is still sleeping soundly. Kwangsoo woke up and reheated the hangover soup and breakfast he made last night. Then he peeked into Jihyo's room. Jihyo was sleeping with a sweet smile on her face. 

 

Kwangsoo: Noona must be having a good dream. At least she is happy in her dreams.

 

Then Kwangsoo gently patted Jihyo to wake her up. 

 

Jihyo: Aish go away!! Let me sleep for a bit longer...

Kwangsoo: Noona, its already noon, if you don't wake up now you won't be able to sleep tonight. 

Jihyo: Nooo!! I wanna sleep... I wanna go back to my dream...

Kwangsoo: Noona, wake up, I've made you breakfast! If you don't wake up it'll get cold again!

Jihyo's eyes immediately opened at the mention of food. 

Kwangsoo: Haha That is so you noona, your eyes are always sparkling when you hear someone mention food. Get up and go wash up, I'll wait for you at the dining table. 

 

Jihyo enjoyed her breakfast and thanked Kwangsoo for being so thoughful. Kwangsoo then told her about her delayed schedule because she got drunk. 

 

Jihyo: But Kwangsoo-ah, why are you here? How did you know I was with Kun Yang oppa?

 

Kwangsoo Actually, I knew that he came back to Korea for a vacation a few days ago, I planned to meet him for some drinks last night, but turns out he bumped into you first. I was about to join later, but when I arrived you were already unconcious. 

 

Jihyo: Oh... Wait... Did you sleep here?

Kwangsoo: Yes noona, hope you don't mind, because I was afraid you might wake up in the middle of the night, and I thought it would be better if someone was here. 

Jihyo: Aww... Thanks nae kirin (my giraffe)~

 

Jihyo patted Kwangsoo's hair and Kwangsoo smiled at her gratefullness. Suddenly, Jihyo's became a hair grabbing within a second. 

 

Jihyo: Yah Lee Kwangsoo!! How did you know my password to the house?

Kwangsoo: Eii noona, its so obvious... To me at least, I'm not surprised at all. 1001, Kun Yang hyung's birthday, am I right?

 

Jihyo blushed at the truth, then angrily pulled his hair hard causing Kwangsoo to wail and kneel at Jihyo. 

 

Kwangsoo: Ahhh sorry, sorry noona, pleast let my hair gooooo

Jihyo: Don't you dare tease me about it!!

Kwangsoo: Never noona, I will never dare to do anything to you...

 

Jihyo smiled and let go, softly patting his hair.

 

Jihyo: Does it hurt? I hope you won't get a bald spot there when you grow old haha

Kwangsoo: Noona!! If I get a bald spot it is definitely your fault!! 

 

Jihyo and Kwangsoo both laughed at the imagination of Kwangsoo with no hair. 

 

Kwangsoo: Noona...

Jihyo: Yea?

Kwangsoo: You still like Kun Yang hyung, don't you?

Jihyo: ...

Kwangsoo: Then why didn't you confess to him again yesterday night?

Jihyo: How could I... He has a girlfriend now, and he seems happy... Who am I to suddenly break in and confess when I've already been rejected before...

Kwangsoo: He actually never really rejected you...

Jihyo: Well yea, but still... I don't think he likes me any more than a friend... So I guess I don't really expect anything...

Kwangsoo: You don't expect anything, but why is your heart still holding onto that last tiny thread of hope then?

Jihyo:...

Kwangsoo: Noona... If you really do like him, confess to him, no matter what his answer is, give it a shot, only then will you be able to let go noona...

Jihyo: Thanks Kwangsoo-ah... I'll think about it... 

After a chat, Kwangsoo took Jihyo to her afternoon schdule then went home. He decided to meet up with Kun Yang hyung.