Surprise!!

First Love

It has been months since Kun Yang had left, as if forgetting their argument in the past, Kwangsoo and Jihyo are also getting along well. Although none of them had forgotten what happened, life went on, Kwangsoo and Jihyo would both weep silently alone when thinking about Kun Yang from time to time, but there was nothing they could do, eventually, they grew and learnt to keep on living and enjoy life. Joongki had also left the show to focus on his acting career, it was upseting for them as he was like family, especially Kwangsoo and Jihyo who were really close to him. But they all understood his choice and supported him.

 

Today was another regular Running Man filming day. 

 

Jae Suk: Kwangsoo! Miss Mong! Annyeonghasaeyo~

Kwangsoo: Hyung annyeong!!

Jihyo: Ya oppa, don't greet me so brightly in the morning!!

Suk Jin: Eii look at this girl, so grumpy in the morning again. 

Gary: Our Mongji is finally back!!

Jong Kook: Oh no, does this mean she will win all the gold again??

Jihyo: Ya Kim Jong Kook!! Do you wanna die??

 

Jihyo ran over to grab his hair while he pleaded her to release him. The others laughed in tears, seeing the muscle man beg the ace to let go. Kwangsoo took this chance to run over and kick the tiger. Jong Kook immediately turned and roared at him, causing the giraffe to turn away and hide behind his noona. 

 

Kwangsoo: Noona, help help!!

Jihyo: Ya Kwangsoo, who told you to anger the tiger, you're just a giraffe!!

HaHa: Uh-oh, Bad Jihyo is here!!! Let's run!!!

PD: The guests are here

Jae Suk: Let's go now, I wonder what they're up to today

 

It was a couple race today! The men were thrilled to see young female guests. 

 

Jae Suk: Oh Yoon Eun Hye!! She's finally here!! Hello, I haven't seen you in a long time!!

HaHa: Wahh!! It's Suzy!!

Gary: Oh my god, is this heaven?? Wow Jessica!

Suk Jin: Wow it's Bomi and Chorong!!

Jong Kook: What will the groupings be?

Kwangsoo: Myeok PD why are you so nice to us today?

PD: It's a Summer special~ You'll see what the groupings are later, the girls get to choose obviously

Suk Jin: Then am I stuck with Jihyo again??

Jihyo: Ya, I was once a young and pretty girl like them too, be thankful its me!

PD: Get into your places, filming will start now, can all girls now stay here and we will film you choosing your partners, male cast move towards the stage outside for the opening please

HaHa: Suzy!! You must choose me!!

 

They walked outside, nervously waiting for the groupings. The PD began to announce the groupings, he asked Jae Suk to step forward. Jae Suk nervously peeked to see who will be coming out, suddenly music blasted from the speakers, it was APink's Mr. Chu. Bomi ran out bouncing and dancing, skipping towards Jae Suk who looks like he won the lottery. After some interaction, they steped aside for the next pair. Jong Kook then stepped out to wait for his partner. HaHa and Jae Suk by covering each other's ears and said "Of course!". Jong Kook glared at them, but it just made them all chant "Yoon Eun Hye" repeatingly. Jong Kook blushed and turned away. At this time, instead of a Baby Vox music, Kim Jong Kook's One Man blasted from the speakers while Yoon Eun Hye shyly walked out. Everyone cheered as Kim Jong Kook stepped closely towards Eun Hye and put his hands over her ears. With his sweet and soft voice, he said "Of course"~ The Running Man memebers cringed at the lovey dovey scene. Then Suk Jin was next to meet his partner. He was expecting Jihyo but APink's Remember had blasted from the speaker instead. His eye lit up at the sight of Chorong entering. Chorong cheerfully greeted Suk Jin and moved aside. Kwangsoo was next. 4 Minute's Hot Issue rang loudly from the speakers. Kwangsoo responeded with a blank face. 

 

Kwangsoo: Huh? 4 Minute? Hyuna?

Jae Suk: It must be Mong Jihyo haha

Kwangsoo: It's Jihyo noona's song! Eiii...

 

Jihyo stepped out while Kwangsoo complained, she grabber his hair and pulled him to leave the stage. Despit acting disappointed in his partner, Kwangsoo was happy to group with his noona. He held her and helped her down the tall and steep stairs as she was wearing heels. Although acting like he didn't like the groupings, he put his arm around Jihyo's waist pulling her by his side so she could lean on him as he knew she was very tired. Jihyo smiled and leaned on Kwangsoo while they continued to focus on the groupings stage. Only HaHa and Gary were left. HaHa stood on the stage as Miss A's Only You came out from the speakers. HaHa waited nervously, hoping it would be Suzy. Someone walked out, and covered HaHa's eyes, the little kid turned around and shouted in joy when he saw the nation's first love in front of his eyes. They walked off the stage as Gary went up. Gary knew it was Jessica, he smiled but didn't say anything as the audience wouldn't know who the guest was. The speakers played SNSD's Mr. Mr. as Jessica walked out. Gary blushed as Jessica smiled at him. Gary turned to Jessica and said "Ahh its Sica" with his iconic "seumdwa" ending. Everyone laughed at Gary for using his self invented trend word again after so long, then Gary looked at Jessica and they said at the same time "STRESS!!". After filming the opening, they went to change into their team uniforms and went to the next location in the cars. 

In the car, Kwangsoo and Jihyo remained silent and focused on the road for the filming effect, they soon bursted out into laughter with their awkward acting as they were actually very comfortable to be with each other. Jihyo yawned as she barely got enough sleep from her drama filming. 

 

Kwangsoo: Noona, you should get some rest, sleep for a while, the journey will take quite some time. 

Jihyo: It's okay, never mind

Kwangsoo: Come on, I'm sure the games today would be quite energy draining, how can the ace run if she's this tired?

 

Kwangsoo pulled down the shade on Jihyo's side and lowered the back rest of her seat so she could lie down comfortably. He pulled off his jumper and folded it into a puffy cusion for Jihyo to use as a pillow, he knew if Jihyo slept without a pillow, she would wake up with a headache. He turned the airconditioner away from Jihyo as she slowly fell asleep. He then drove in a more calm and slow pace so Jihyo would sleep better. The other groups have all arrived. Soon they arrived the filming location. Seeing the Running Man banner, Jihyo immediately jumped up and ran towards the banner, unaware of her messy hair. They all laughed seeing Jihyo just waking up, but it was no surprise to them, afterall she was the sleeping goddess. 

After many fun games they all enjoyed, the KwangMong team had won at last. 

 

Kwangsoo: Noona's luck has over powered my bad luck!!

Suk Jin: Teaming up with Jihyo really helps you win all the time

HaHa: What is the prize? Gold again? 

Jae Suk: Aish, Jihyo really wins the gold everytime

 

Just then, the prize started rising from below, Kwangsoo's eyes glistened as he was expecting gold, but a beautiful cake appeared instead. Everyone surrounded Kwangsoo and sung him the birthday song, they surprised him by celebrating his birthday on camera. Kwangsoo was happy from the surprise and thankful to them planning this out. 

 

Kwangsoo: But how come there aren't any gold prizes everytime I win? There's just cake? No gold?

Jong Kook: There IS gold, but its for us, not for you!!

 

Kwangsoo was dazed in confusion as the PD handed out gold rings to everyone except for Kwangsoo. They had all got together to plan this episode weeks ago, the planned to win by letting Kwangsoo win for his birthday, their mission was to trick Kwangsoo to genuinely believe he had won, where the real gold prize belonged to the other members. Kwangsoo would've won it all if he discovered they were letting him win. Kwangsoo bursted out his anger acting after understanding what had happened, causing everyone to laugh. 

 

Jihyo: Our poor giraffe hehe... Here you go, noona is sacrificing my gold for your birthday present!! You better treat me well!! Happy Birthday Kwangsoo~

Everyone: Happy Birthday!!

 

The Running Man members all stepped forward and handed over their gold rings to the PD, exchanging for a beautifully wrapped box. They handed the box to Kwangsoo, who still couldn't understand the situation. 

Kwangsoo opened the box to find a tiny giraffe model made in gold, his eyes sparkled in gratitude, he picked up the golden giraffe to find his initials "LKS" carved on its body. He never expected such an expensive present from them, he was happy not from how much the gift costs, but because he was very touched by his Runnning Man family's heart and effort to get him this present. They all gathered for a group hug and surprised Kwangsoo once again when Joongki appeared to join the hug. Kwangsoo was happy to see his friend come celebrate his birthday despite being busy. After filming had ended, they all went out to celebrate for the night. Kwangsoo went home late with a silly grin on his face from all that happened today, with that, he was exhausted and quickly fell into a deep sleep.