Heartbreak

First Love

Kwangsoo and Jong Kook arrived at the airport of Paris, they stood there as they stared at the crowded city. 

 

Kwangsoo: So... now what...? Now that we're finally in Paris...

Jong Kook: What? You mean you didn't have a plan before coming?? How do you plan to find Jihyo is such a big city?

Kwangsoo: I don't know too... I guess wander around until I meet her...?

Jong Kook: Yah pabo, you're never gonna find her like that, you've gotta have a plan... Let's see, if you were Jihyo what would you do after you've arrived Paris?

Kwangsoo: Jihyo noona... Eat...?

Jong Kook: Aish, that's not what I meant... Think about it, she's here to run away from you, meaning she probably isn't planning to come back to Korea anytime soon, so assuming she's gonna settle here, wouldn't she need to find a place to stay and a place to work?

Kwangsoo: I guess that's true... but she's here for a night already so she probably would've found a place to temporarily stay right?

Jong Kook: That's true... Given its Jihyo, I bet she'd take this chance to take a break and have a vacation, you know how much she loves touring at tourist spots

Kwangsoo: So are you saying we should visit the tourist spots to see if she's there?

Jong Kook: Exactly, ask around to see if anyone say her, hopefully we'll be able to catch her... Or else it will be very hard to find her...

Kwangsoo: Then let's head to the Eiffel Tower first!

 

Kwangsoo and Jong Kook arrived at the entrance of the Eiffel Tower, some fans recognized them and asked for autographs. As Jong Kook purchased tickets for the Eiffel Tower, Kwangsoo suddenly held onto him. 

 

Kwangsoo: Hyung... *gulp* But... but I'm scared of heights... Up there... its so tall...

Jong Kook: You have me here so what is there to be scared of? With all that training from Running Man you should not be that scared anymore, plus if you really wanna find Jihyo then you don't have a choice... Unless you're telling me you'd rather not find her...

Kwangsoo: No! I have to find her... No matter what... I'll go up...

Jong Kook: Come on, just grab hold of me if you're afraid

Kwangsoo: Thanks hyung...

 

The two went up and down on every single floor of the Eiffel Tower back and forth checking thoroughly, but Jihyo was nowhere to be seen. With a deep sigh they left the Eiffel Tower and went to the Arc de Triomphe for lunch. They walked along the busy street nearby after lunch. 

 

Kwangsoo: Hyung... Do you think I will ever be able to find Jihyo llike this...?

Jong Kook: To be honest, I'm not sure either... but if the two of you were really fated to be together then I'm sure you will get to meet her again...

Kwangsoo: What if... What if we're not...?

Jong Kook: ...

 

The two of them stayed silent as they rested on a bench along the street. Neither of them knew the answer to that question. Just then, a familiar laugh rang by their ears. They looked up to see a familiar figure before their eyes, the cheerful girl who ran with them every week, the carefree girl who they spent 5 years with like family, the very girl they are looking for right now... it was Jihyo. Jihyo looked happy, she was actually smiling as she held onto a man's arms, a man they didn't know. They watched as she walked past them, sharing a popcorn with the person next to her, excited like the enthusiastic girl they had known instead of the stressed and unhappy Jihyo they saw fir the past few months. Kwangsoo stood up as if he wanted to stop her and call out to her, but his feet were shaking and his voice could barely make any sound. Jong Kook also stared in surprise, only after they have passed by and disappeared into the crowd that he regained his focus and lightly slapped Kwangsoo on the head. 

 

Jong Kook: Yah pabo! Why didn't you go after her? Aren't you here to find her?? You saw her so what are you still doing here?? 

Kwangsoo: Hyung... I... That was noona right...? But she... she looked so happy... I haven't seen her smile so happily in a while... Ever since the scandal with In Sung hyung, I haven't seen her this cheerful... And who was that she was with...? I've never seen him before... I... She held him... 

Jong Kook: Its probably not what you think Kwangsoo-ah... don't just jump to conclusions like that...

Kwangsoo: But with me... she dodn't smile... she was suffering when she was with me... because of my mother's words... because of me... But now... she's actually happy after she left me... You say she left because she loved me... but what if she actually left because she doesn't love me anymore...? What if...

Jong Kook: Stop it, stop making assumptions, he might just be her friend, like you said, you don't know him, so how would you know what their relationship is? Stop saying that because we all perfectly know how much Jihyo love you... Calm down Kwangsoo-ah, stop confusing yourself with this nonsense

Kwangsoo: No matter if they're just friends or not... she was happy with him... but with me... she was upset... she was tired... 

Jong Kook: Hey, don't forget after going through so much she still chose to love you... If the suffering bothered her so much she would have left you long ago... she's doing this because she thinks its the right decision... Not because she no longer loves you Kwangsoo... Maybe she's happy because she's able to take a break from all the troubles she had in Korea, just be glad that she's safe and enjoying herself

Kwangsoo: I don't know hyung... What should I do now...

Jong Kook: No matter what... You came here to find her... So lets follow her first before she leaves here... Or else you might never be able to find her again

 

With Kwangsoo's height, he was finally able to spot Jihyo, they squeezed through the crowd and reached where Jihyo and the man was standing. With a dee breath, Kwangsoo took a step forward and approached Jihyo. 

 

Kwangsoo: Jihyo noona...!!

 

Kwangsoo watched as Jihyo turned her head and their eyes locked. Jihyo's smile vanished in a split second and her expression hardened. Kwangsoo took a step forward to reach towards Jihyo but she took a step backwards from Kwangsoo. Jihyo turned away from him and spoke in a cold tone. 

 

Jihyo: What are you doing here. How did you know I'm here.

Kwangsoo: Noona... please comeback to Korea... I need you... Please don't leave me alone...

Jihyo: I have no intention to leave Paris, its a beautiful place here

Kwangsoo: Noona... please just listen to me first... Don't push me away I beg you...

Jihyo: I have nothing to say to you, and I don't think theres anything you need to tell me either, I've already explained everything in that SNS post, I'm sure you've read it, so there's nothing to talk about

Kwangsoo: Why are you like this... Noona... this is not the Jihyo noona I knew... Noona would never be this cold to me...

Jihyo: Then I'm afraid you've found the wrong person. That Jihyo you're talking about isn't here. 

Kwangsoo: Noona... How can you do this to me... I came all the way to find you...  And who is this man...

Jihyo: That's none of your business

Kwangsoo: Is he your boyfriend...?

Jihyo: *gulp... in a shaky voice* No...! So what if he is...?

Kwangsoo: It can't be... Noona... after so much we've gone through... 

Jihyo: Please don't come find me anymore... I won't go back with you... I... I'm happy here...

Kwangsoo: Jihyo noona... I'll leave after this last question... please just answer me this one question truthfully... Noona... Do you still love me...?

Jihyo: ...

Kwangsoo: Please answer me... I'll stop bothering you after you give me your answer...

 

Jihyo still had her back faced to Kwangsoo, she knew she could never bring herself to say those words when facing him. Tears streamed down her face as she curled her hand into a tight fist. She hesitated and finally spoke after taking a deep breath. 

 

Jihyo: No... Not anymore. Satisfied? That's your answer there, please leave now

Kwangsoo: I won't believe it... Its a lie...  I know you're lying... 

Jihyo: I have no reason to lie. Its the truth, you wanted to truth, so I told you the truth. That's all I have to say. I have to go now. 

 

Kwangsoo coudn't believe his ears. He knelt on the ground as Jihyo turned to leave. Jong Kook rushed over after witnessing the scene, he tried to get Kwangsoo up, but Kwangsoo refused. He wiped Kwangsoo's tears off his face and dragged him up. Kwangsoo hit his chest hardly, trying to ease his pain from what just happened. Jihyo's words stabbed him like a knife, breaking his heart. Seeing Kwangsoo in such a state, he quickly pulled him into a tight hug to stop him from hurting himself and comforted him. After a while, Jong Kook released from his hug after sensing Kwangsoo has calmed down. Jong Kook sighed seeing his dongsaeng hurt like this, he put his arms around Kwangsoo's waist and guided him along the streets. 

 

Jong Kook: Come one... lets go get some alcohol, you'll feel better after some ranting...