I Miss You...

First Love

After Running Man filming, Gary and HaHa convinced Jihyo into following them to dinner, as they offered to give her a ride, Gary helped Jihyo into his car, while HaHa turned to give Jae Suk a wink. Jae Suk winked back, the proceeded towards Kwangsoo. 

 

Jae Suk: Kwangsoo-ah, I heard about your argument with Jihyo, but you know how stubborn she is, I think you should both express your true feelings for this to resolve, you want your relationship with Miss Mong to mend right? This has been like the sixth week since we couldn't all gather for dinner. You understand what you need to do right...?

Kwangsoo: Hyung... I don't know, maybe you're right, but how can I talk to her when she wouldn't even come near me?

Jae Suk: Well, we'll see, but for now, let's go get dinner. 

Kwangsoo: It's fine, noona is going right? I'll just go home, she wouldn't want to see me...

Jae Suk: No, Jihyo isn't joining us for dinner, she already left, Gary is taking her home. Come on, let's go!

Kwangsoo: Oh, okay then...

 

They all arrived to HaHa's resturant while Gary drove Jihyo to Gary's resturant. 

 

Gary: Mongji, go in first, I need to park the car, I've already booked out the resturant so you can just walk in comfortably, no need to worry about being recognized. I'll be right there, okay?

Jihyo: Okay oppa, thanks

 

Jihyo went into Gary's resturant, and just as Gary said, there were no customers inside, Jihyo sat down at the empty table and waited for her oppas to arrive. Soon after, Jihyo heard footsteps coming towards her. 

 

Jihyo: Gary oppa? Is it you Kang Gary? Aish why isn't anyone here yet

 

Then a familiar body figue stepped into Jihyo's sight, this person was tall and slim, with a resemblance to a giraffe. 

 

Jihyo: Kwangsoo...? What are you doing here... I though they said you aren't coming?

Kwangsoo: Noona?? But Jae Suk hyung told me Gary hyung took you home!

Jihyo: Gary took me here! Aren't they having dinner here? Aish, what's taking them so long

Kwangsoo: Noona... I think I know what's going on...

 

Jihyo took out her phone to call the other members, but none of them picked up their phones, they were already gathered at HaHa's resturant, laughing at Jihyo's calls, celebrating their success in forcing Kwangsoo and Jihyo to have dinner together and talk. 

 

HaHa: It worked!! Those two better make up, one day they'll thank me for this

Jong Kook: Do you think they'll really talk about it though?

Joongki: I think they will, there's no one around so they'd be comfortable to talk about it?

Jae Suk: I hope this goes well... I miss seeing those two bickering around

 

Back at Gary's resturant, just as Gary ordered, the staff had all left after leaving some food and the keys for Kwangsoo and Jihyo to lock up when they leave. The resturant was empty with no one else around, just the two of them. 

 

Jihyo: Aish these people... They're always up to no good... 

Kwangsoo: It's not the first day you know them, they've always been like that

Jihyo: Well, I guess I'll get going...

 

Jihyo picked up her bag and was about to leave when Kwangsoo held her by her wrist and led her back to the table, he gestured for her to sit down, and so Jihyo took a seat. The two of them stared at each other in complete silence, but both their eyes are clearly showing how much they've missed each other. As the atmosphere had began to turn awkward, Kwangsoo broke the silence. 

 

Kwangsoo: Noona... Let's have a talk...

Jihyo: What do you wanna talk about...?

Kwangsoo: Noona... I miss you...

Jihyo: ...

Kwangsoo: I'm sorry if I overreacted at the hospital, but please don't hate me..

Jihyo: What...? No... I don't hate you... Why would I... Kwangsoo, I... I'm sorry...

Kwangsoo: Noona, what actually happened between us...?

Jihyo: Kwangsoo-ah... I think, some things are better left unsaid... I'm sorry...

Kwangsoo: You heard me that night... Right? If that's the reason why you are acting like this... then I'm really sorry noona, please just pretend you never heard it... 

Jihyo: Kwangsoo... You can't ignore your feelings like that... I'm sorry, It's just that, noona really doesn't want to see you hurt... That's why... All this while I've tried to keep my distance from you... Please understand... It's because I do care about you, I really do, I can't let you get hurt like I did... I don't want you to wait forever... for nothing...

Kwangsoo: I wouldn't wait noona, I wouldn't expect anything, all I need is to see you happy, it'll be enough for me, so please let me continue to stay by your side and protect you...

Jihyo: It's impossible Kwangsoo-ah, I know it very well how that feels, I've said the exact same thing, and I know perfectly well how much it hurts, even though you say you'll be happy as long as I'm happy, in the end you'll be hurt... And I really don't want that, you have to forget me... You must move on to live a happy life Kwangsoo...

Kwangsoo: Noona, please... It may sound easy, but I don't think I can ever forget you... You should know how hard it is... Isn't it the same for you? Every morning, I wake up to remembering noona's cravings for Americano, your smile gives me strength, a simple messgae from you could easily make my day, your voice fills me with energy, your adorable laughs would open up my heart... Don't you get it? I can't lose you noona... Even if it means I will be friendzoned, I'm willing to just watch you from afar...

Jihyo: No... I can't do that to you... It's... It's too cruel... 

 

Kwangsoo reached out towards Jihyo's hands, he held her tightly and begged her with streaks of tears down his face, Jihyo was also crying hard, she gulped and pulled herself away from Kwangsoo. Kwangsoo's heart sunk, he lowered his head sadly and bit his lip, trying to hold back his emotions. Jihyo knew him well to see how hurt he was, Jihyo quickly ran over to give him a warm hug, then broke apart before he could hold onto her. 

 

Jihyo: I missed you too nae kirin (my giraffe)... but, I'm sorry... I just can't... Please forgive me Kwangsoo-ah... Forgive noona... Sorry...

 

With that, Jihyo ran out of the resturant, leaving Kwangsoo alone, flooded with tears. Jihyo cried all night in bed, she didn't know why, but she just couldn't stop crying. She missed how Kwangsoo used to comfort her everytime she cried, she missed how Kwangsoo would tell hilarious jokes to make her laugh, she missed how Kwangsoo would for her puffy eyes after she stopped crying, she missed how Kwangsoo would get her a wet towel to put on her face to prevent her eyes from getting swollen the next day, she missed him, her cute little giraffe. She felt lonely, now that there was no one to lean on, no one to share with, no one to snuggle into.