Don't Go

First Love

A few days have passed since Jihyo was dismissed from the hospital. This morning, she was feeling rather dizzy and called out to the giraffe for help. 

 

Jihyo: Kwangsoo-ah... Kwangsoo...

Kwangsoo: Yes? You're awake already? Noona I'm here, what is it?

Jihyo: Kwangsoo-ah... My head hurts, I'm feeling kinda dizzy...

Kwangsoo: Are you alright noona? Should I take you to the hospital?

Jihyo: No... its okay... I'll just rest for a while, can you get me some water please...?

Kwangsoo: Okay right away

Jihyo: Thanks nae kirin (my giraffe)...

Kwangsoo: Are you feeling better noona?

Jihyo: A little, thanks..

Kwangsoo: Will noona be able to take care of yourself? I need to go out for a while...

Jihyo: Why? Where are you going?

Kwangsoo: Um... There's just somewhere I need to go...

Jihyo: Where...? Kwangsoo-ah, tell me...

 

Kwangsoo mumbled and stuttered, at last he sighed and walked over to Jihyo's side. 

 

Kwangsoo: Noona, He told me not to tell you, but I think you should know... Kun Yang hyung is leaving today, he's going back to the US, I don't know when will he be coming back agian...

Jihyo: Oh... He never even visited me, not even once...

Kwangsoo: Noona, will you be able to stay here alone? I need to goto the airport, hyung's flight is at 4. 

Jihyo: I'll be fine... Are you coming back for dinner?

Kwangsoo: Yea, I'll come home as soon as possible, okay noona?

Jihyo: Okay... Bye Kwangsoo

Kwangsoo: Bye noona

 

Jihyo sat alone in her apartment, she looked around and saw the secret gifts she recieved the past few days, they were all some of her favorite things, the things to loved which she had never mentioned to anyone, anyone be Kun Yang oppa. She couldn't understand why Kun Yang oppa didn't come visit her, he didn't even call or text her. Thinking he probably didn't care, she began to weep.

She walked over to the sunflowers and watered them, then something caught her eye. A tiny little note attached to the sunflowers that she didn't notice before, it read: 

 

I love you sis...

 

Jihyo teared up at the sight of the note, then in a split second, sorrow flashed in her eyes. She immediately changed out of her pajamas and headed downstairs in the quickest speed to hail a taxi, she speeded towards the airport. 

As soon as she got off the taxi, she ran around the airport panicking, she finally spotted Kun Yang oppa and stopped him just in time before he departed. 

 

Jihyo: KUN YANG OPPA!!!! 

 

Kun Yang, Kwangsoo and the others who were there to see him off all spun around and their eyes landed on the actress. 

 

Kwangsoo: Noona, why are you here...?

Jihyo: Oppa... You're really just gonna leave like that...?

Kun Yang: Jihyo...

Jihyo: Oppa are you really gonna be like this? Do you think I'm stupid?

Kun Yang: Jihyo calm down...

Jihyo: Sunflowers, dolls, sushi, everything, how dumb do you think I am? These things that I love the most, I've never told anyone excpet for you, you're the only one who knows all this, yet you think you can just pretend they're not from you? Why are you even doing this?

Kun Yang: Jihyo-ah... I'm sorry, please let me explain...

Jihyo: Yes I admit, I still like you oppa, but I know you don't feel that way to me, its alright, all I'm asking is for you to be like my brother again, just treat me like your sister, can't you? You know how much you mean to me... You know I can never afford to lose you... 

Kun Yang: Jihyo... this is exactly why I'm doing this... Its not that I don't like you, I do, and because I like you, I can't be with you... Your parents will never allow us to be together, they've made it clear to me years ago... It just... Can't happen... I'm sorry... 

Jihyo: What..? So... this is why we broke up years ago...? How come I never knew... But can't you just stay by my side and be my brother...?

Kun Yang: Jihyo-ah, how can I do that to you, when I know how much you still like me, if I stay close to you, you will never be able to forget me... If we keep on staying close but can never be with each other, you will get hurt really badly... and we both wouldn't be able to move on either... I had no choice... It isnt easy for me too, but for your sake, I had to let you go...

Jihyo: Oppa... Can't we fight for the right to be together? Oppa, even though we've known each other for years, you don't even know what I'm thinking about, you don't understand me at all... Do you have any idea how empty I feel without you? Do you there isn't a day that goes by without thinking about you? No matter what, it would still hurt, I've tried avoiding you to forget you too, but it didn't work... Its no use, it hurts equally as much, so can't you at least stay by my side? Please oppa... Don't go...

Kun Yang: Jihyo... It was hard enough for me to come up with that decision... and I'm afraid I can't change that decision... I know you will understand me... So please forgive me... 

 

Kun Yang held out his hand for a final handshake with Jihyo, Jihyo refused it, as she felt her tears were about to burst out, she quickly turned around and ran away.

 

Kun Yang: I'm sorry Jihyo... I love you... Goodbye...

 

Kun Yang sadly watched as Jihyo ran away, tears began to roll down his cheeks, he clutched his heart as he bid goodbye to his friends and departed. Jihyo kept running until she ran out of energy, her heart broke at her oppa's words, she couldn't help crying until she collapsed on the floor. Horrified and worried, Kwangsoo immediately ran towards his noona, Jihyo's body was still weak from the previous injuries and has not fully recovered, the doctor had advised her to not exercise as much but she barely stopped running since she arrived the airport. It was too much for her body to handle, causing her to collapse. Kwangsoo sent her to the hospital and watched as Jihyo rested in her sleep. Although Jihyo was sleeping at the hospital, he could see her face full of hurt and bitterness, he wanted to ease her pain but he knew the only one who could help her fully recover her heart was Kun Yang. But he also understood why Kun Yang had chosen to do so, as Kun Yang was just trying to protect her, by staying away from her. Kwangsoo silently sat through the night, watching his noona, hoping time would heal her.