The Best Birthday Present Ever

First Love

Feeling emotional after meeting Kun Yang oppa again, Jihyo had been upset since, she pretended to be happy when others around, and also working hard in filming, but her mood drops once she is alone. She puts on a smile when meeting others, but the Running Man members knew her well enough to know she isn't happy. They took care of her more during filming time and often crack jokes to cheer her up, soon it was nearly Jihyo's birthday, one day after filming, the Running Man except for Jihyo gathered to discuss preparations for the surprise.

Jae Suk: Okay so we need some inspiration... What are things that Jihyo likes?

Suk Jin: Yah, actually you shouldn't be here! Your birthday is just once day before Jihyo's birthday. The party is supposed to be for you too, go away, I'll do the hosting!

Jong Kook: Well it's not a surprise for Jae Suk hyung anymore anyways... But planning your own party is still kinda weird 

Jae Suk: Never mind, I'm old, surprises are not good for me anyways, let's just plan this party
Haha: Hyung you're not jealous are you?

Jae Suk: Of course, I know you all love me! Now let's do this for Jihyo, to cheer her up. What are some things that she'd like?

Gary: She likes clubbing? But she can't really enjoy herself if we go out to clubs, because people will recognize her...

Jong Kook: True... Let's create our own club then, a one night club

Haha: Maybe we can use my restaurant? I'll just rent it out for a night, we can move the tables, decorate it and make it seem like a club. I can provide food for the party too.

Jae Suk: That's a good idea, we can make a playlist of her favorite songs? How about inviting a live band?

Suk Jin: Nice, we can set up a stage and hire a band? Or should we just use a karaoke machine?

Kwangsoo: I think Noona would be more comfortable around people she knows, so why not just use a karaoke machines?

Joongki: Yeah that's right, Noona probably prefers just us and maybe a few of her closer friends. 

Kwangsoo: I'll do the inviting?

Jae Suk: Okay Kwangsoo will be in charge of inviting guests, Haha will be in charge of the food and venue, Gary and Jong Kook you wanna help buy decorations to set up the club?

Gary: No problem hyung

Jong Kook: Sure

Joongki: what about the cake? I can bake one!

Jae Suk: Okay you'll do that, so are we set?

Jong Kook: Yah but what about you two hyungs? How come you don't need to do anything?

Jae Suk: I'm the director XD

Suk Jin: I'm the co-director 

Haha: What co-director, hyung!! It's Jae Suk hyung's party too so it's okay if he doesn't need to do anything, but what about you Suk Jin hyung!

Suk Jin: Well there's nothing for me to do!! 

Gary: How about you go buy this pair of sneakers? The one Jihyo had always wanted? We'll split the cost since it's pretty expensive.

Jae Suk: Alright then, this seems like quite a great plan

Kwangsoo: Hopefully this will cheer Noona up...

 

Finally after busy preparations for the whole week, Jihyo's birthday came. They had Running Man filming in the morning, then Gary took Jihyo for a little birthday lunch while the remaining members excused themselves saying they have schedules, but is actually going to finish up the preparations for the party. 


Jihyo: Thanks for the lunch Gary oppa

Gary: It's all for you Mongji, but there's a special place I want to share with you, can you follow me?

Jihyo: Wow Gary, it's not something romantic is it? Haha

Gary: Well, that's for you to decide Mongji, since it is Monday today XD

Jihyo: Haha oppa, we're not filming though, thanks anyways, now I'm excited 

 

Jihyo kept her eyes closed and followed Gary to Haha's restaurant. Gary tole Jihyo to open her eyes and step inside. It was pitch black with a single spotlight in the middle of the room. Jihyo stepped carefully towards the spotlight, she got afraid as she couldn't see clearly. 

 

Jihyo: Gary oppa? Gary? Yah Kang Gary!! Where are you...?

 

Then all of a sudden, another spotlight lit up showing the stage and the karaoke machine, Gary and the Running Man members were all on the stage. Suddenly, music blasted from the speakers, and the disco lights were switched on as well, revealing the club like set up in the room. A few of Jihyo's close friends were here along with her family. Everyone cheered for the Running Man's performance as they performed the Monday Couple's theme song - "The girl who can't break up, the boy who can't leave". A banner hung on the celling read "Happy Birthday to our Ace Song Jihyo!!" Jihyo was so surpised and was touched by the member preparing all this for her. She joined them on stage to perform the song and had a great time. 

Kwangsoo: Happy Birthday Noona~~

Joonki: Happy Birthday!!

Haha: Yah Song Jihyo, you're lucky to have us haha, happy birthday~

Gary: Mongji Mongji, Happy birthdayy

Jong Kook: Happy Birthday Jihyo!

Jae Suk: Happy birthday Miss Mong~ Just so you know, this is my party too :P

Suk Jin: Happy birthday Jihyo-ah, here is the present from all of us. 

Jihyo: Aww... Thank you sooooo much!!! I don't know how to thank you guys, I love this!! I love you guys, you're the best!! 

Kwangsoo: Its all worth it to see your smile noona

Jihyo: Eii... why so cheesy Kwangso-ah haha, thanks nae kirin (my giraffe)~~

 

Suddenly the loud pop music had turned into a soft and slow music, and the room became pitch black with only candles on the floor guiding her way. Kwangsoo led Jihyo towards a huge present box surrounded by candles. 

 

Kwangsoo: Open it Noona, it is my special gift for you, I hope it will make you happy

Jihyo: Whats this Kwangsoo-ah? Its so big!

 

Jihyo opened up the box, and inside, she saw a person holding a birthday cake with candles on top. The cake was beautifully made with care, and Jihyo gasped as she saw the person holding the cake, it was her Kun Yang oppa. 

 

Jihyo: Oppa...? What are you doing here...?

Kun Yang: Why? Can't I be here for my sister's birthday? You missed me didn't you, happy birthday sis, sorry for the birthdays I missed out in the past few years

Jihyo: Oppa... Thanks...

 

They sang the birthday song and Jihyo blew out the candles, tears were flowing out as she reached over to hug her oppa

 

Kun Yang: Jihyo-ah, I'm sorry I kept distance from you in the past years, But oppa has his unspeakable reasons, I've missed you too... Please understand and forgive me? Don't be sulky because I'm not here, don't you remember what I've said before? No matter what, I will always be there, in your heart. 

Jihyo: Thank you so much... Oppa... You being here is the best present I could ever have...

 

Kwangsoo smiled at her with a bittersweet smile. He was happy to see his noona so happy, but he was also filled with jealousy, knowing how much his noona still loved his hyung. He contacted his hyung a few months back, telling him to join their party on Jihyo's birthday to resolve their relationship so Jihyo could be happy again. He was jealous as in his heart, he loved Jihyo as well, but he knew how much his noona had wished to see Kun Yang again, he knew no one could make her as happy as he once did, and it was all worth it to see Jihyo genuinely smile from deep in her heart. 

 

Jihyo: Nae kirin (my giraffe), thanks... If it weren't for you, I don't thik my birthday can ever be this happy. This was the best birthday present ever!!