Back and Stronger Than Ever

First Love

The Running Man cast and production crew were all dead silent, staring at Jihyo expectantly, waiting for her to give her answer. With her face full of tears, she sniffled cutely and let out a smile.

 

Jihyo: Okay... I'll be your girlfriend again... :)

Kwangsoo: *eyes widened* Omo, really?? Really noona? You're really accepting me?

Jihyo: Yes yes, really

Kwangsoo: You won't ever disappear or leave me again?

Jihyo: Yes, promise

Kwangsoo: Pinky promise...?

Jihyo: Yesssss, pinky promise, cross my heart and hope to die, I'll never leave you ever again Kwangsoo-ah, I love you Nae Kirin (My Giraffe)

Kwangsoo: I love you too Jihyo noona *cries with tears of joy*

 

Everyone cheered for the couple as the two broke into tight hug, Kwangsoo gently brushed off Jihyo's tears on her cheeks with his thumb and Jihyo did the same for Kwangsoo, they then leaned into a deep, passionate kiss. Both their heads tilted to their left and leaned forward, touching each other's nose, until their lips and tongue met. Everyone smiled and looked away to give them a little privacy. They decided to celebrate this special occasion, treating all the crew members to dinner. The couple looked happier than ever, its been a long time since people have seen such a sincere and happy smile on their faces. Jae Suk observed the two's genuinely happy faces and smiled like a proud father. 

 

Jae Suk: After all, you guys just can't stay away from each other can you? *teasingly*

Kwangsoo: Eii Jae Suk hyung! What do you mean by that?

Jong Kook: Of course!! They're just meant to be together!!

HaHa: Like hyung and Eun Hye?

Gary: *covers HaHa's ears with his hands* Of course!!

Jong Kook: YA!! *glares at the two kids*

Suk Jin: Just admit it already you shy tiger XD

 

After dinner, everyone was drunk as their managers drove them home. Kwangsoo took Jihyo's car and spent the night at Jihyo's as it has been a long time, he missed Jihyo so much. They cuddled in each other's arms and soon fell fast asleep. The next morning, Jihyo woke up to see Kwangsoo's calm face next to hers, she chuckled at the sight of Kwangsoo's sweet and dreamy smiley face. Normally, Jihyo would let out a yawn and return to dreamland, but today, Jihyo quietly slipped out of bed instead, carefully to prevent waking Kwangsoo, and went to wash up. A while later, a surprised Kwangsoo woke up to see Jihyo all dressed up with breakfast ready. 

 

Kwangsoo: What's up noona? Why are you already up? It's still so early...

Jihyo: Kwangsoo-ah, there's a place I would like to go today Kwangsoo-ah, come eat before the food gets cold

Kwangsoo: Oh okay~ What's the place? I'll drive so you can sleep on the car

Jihyo: No that's okay, I'll drive today, come on, go get dressed when you're done eating!!

 

The two stepped into Jihyo's car as Jihyo took the driver's seat. Midway, Kwangsoo recognized the familiar surroundings at once. 

 

Kwangsoo: Noona... This way... You're driving to my parent's house...??

Jihyo: Yea

Kwangsoo: Why noona? Don't go there, my mom will just say mean things again and you'll get hurt, I don't want you to run away from me ever again, please don't do this...

Jihyo: I'm not going to run away Kwangsoo-ah, don't worry, I've got this

Kwangsoo: How? What are you gonna say? Let's just make a U-turn here okay? Please noona...

Kwangsoo: Believe me Kwangsoo-ah, trust me okay? I know what I'm doing, I promise you, everything will work out fine. I have to do this, in order for us to be together, we will need you parents' approval, and since I'm never leaving you, I will have to work my way into your mother's heart, no matter how difficult it is and how long it takes

Kwangsoo: Noona...

 

Soon, they arrived at Kwangsoo's parents' house. Kwangsoo stepped into the house, greeting his parents enthusiastically. His parents were happy to see their son as they embraced each other tightly. 

 

Kwangsoo's Mother: Kwangsoo-ah my dear son, what brings you home all of sudden? Why didn't you call before you come back?

Kwangsoo: Omma...

 

Jihyo walked in the door slowly, greeting Kwangsoo's parents politely with bows. 

 

Jihyo: Eomeonim abeonim annyeonghaseyo~ (Hello mother-in-law father-in-law~)

Kwangsoo's father: Hello Jihyo-ssi...

Kwangsoo's Mother: Oh, its you again... Who is your mother-in-law? How dare you call me that, what are you doing here?

Jihyo: Eomeonim, Kwangsoo and I decided to get back together again

Kwangsoo's Mother: What? How dare you? Didn't I make things clear before? 

Kwangsoo's father: Honey, calm down, don't do this

Jihyo: Eomeonim, please give me a chance to explain. I know very well why you didn't want us to date back then, I understood perfectly that you wanted to protect Kwangsoo from getting hurt and to protect his career. It is only a mother's natural instinc to protect her son. For the very same reasons, I decided to leave Kwangsoo. But after going through the past months, I now finally realized that I did wrong, I should never have left him. By leaving him, I thought I would be able to protect him from getting hurt by haters, I thought I would prevent his career from getting ruined, and I did, but the damage I made to his heart, was far worse than the possible damage made by haters. This silly boy, was torn apart by the two women he loved the most. That emotional damage could potentially ruin his career and even his life. He needs me, and he also needs you. As a mother, there is one thing you forgot, and that is your son's happiness. I'm not saying that you don't care about him, I know you care for him more than anyone else in the whole world, but sometimes, except for making sure he's safe, you should also make sure it makes him happy. Being safe, but depressed with no meaning in life, is the saddest thing that could happen to a person. Your approval means the world to us, so if you could just give us a chance, a chance for me to show you what a great daughter-in-law I'd make, and a chance for your son to find his happiness. Being together makes our lives complete, we complete each other, just like how you and abeonim complete each other. Would you please give us an opportunity to show you how beautiful our love is...?

 

Everyone remained silent. Jihyo tried to hold in her tears by balling her fist tightly. Seeing that, Kwangsoo slid his hand over hers and held her. Jihyo's words have greatly moved both of Kwangsoo's parents. Kwangsoo's father stared at Jihyo with admiration, giving her a smile of approval. With that, Jihyo relaxed slightly, but still very nervous for Kwangsoo's mother's reply. After a long hesitation, she nodded to show she is willing to give Jihyo a chance. Jihyo and Kwangsoo jumped in joy at their approval. Kwangsoo took turns hugging each of them tightly one by one. They stayed for dinner as Jihyo helped Kwangsoo's mother out at preparing the food despite being a bad cook. She learnt cooking skills willingly from Kwagnsoo's mother, while noting down his favorite dishes. Later that night, Kwangsoo drove Jihyo back home and thanked her for everything.

 

Jihyo: See? Didn't I say you just have to trust me? *beaming at Kwangsoo*

Kwangsoo: Yes noona, I'm really glad I did

Jihyo: We're back, and stronger than ever... :)

Kwangsoo: Yes, yes we are

 

They leaned in for a goodnight kiss, and each went home with a beautiful smile on their face.