At the Hospital

First Love

After many hours, the doctor finally came out from the emergency room. Jihyo's family, Kun Yang and all running man members rushed up to the doctor asking about her condition. 

 

Doctor: For now she should be alright as the surgery went successfully. However we will have to wait until she wakes up to confirm anything. Unfortunately, I'm afraid she may have fallen into a coma, I'm sorry...

 

Kwangsoo's legs have away and he fell on the floor, Joongki went over to support him. No one said a word. They were all devastated and worried for Jihyo, afraid she would never wake up. 

One by one, they entered Jihyo's room, some fought their tears while some couldn't hold it and bursted in tears. They all tried to speak to Jihyo, hoping she could hear them, telling her they wish she would wake up soon. Jihyo had no sign of waking up. Eventually most of them left to go home, leaving only Kwangsoo and Kun Yang to watch Jihyo over the night at the hospital. After some dinner, they returned to Jihyo's room.

Kwangsoo entered Jihyo's room and kneeled by her bed. He held her hand and caressed her pale face. His heart ached as he never saw the tough strong ace on running man this weak before. All he wish is for Jihyo to be safe... 

 

Kwangsoo: Noona... You must wake up... Didn't you say you wanna see Kun Yang hyung...? He's here now, so you must wake up too see him... He'll be going back to the US soon, so Noona, if you wanna see him, wake up soon... Noona, I'm sorry I couldn't protect you... And... Thank you for saving my life... Like you told me to... I'll live my life and the most meaningful way I ever can, because this is no longer only my life, and also noona's life... No matter how long it will take for Noona to wake up, I'll wait for you... No matter how long it takes, I will wait until the day you can me "Nae Kirin (my giraffe)" once again... 

 

Kun Yang also joined Kwangsoo into Jihyo's room. He gently her hair and tears rolled down his face, without a word, he just sat beside her and silently watched her. 

 

Kwangsoo: Hyung... Do you know...? Noona still likes you... A lot. I've seen her face when she sees you, her face immediately lights up and her smile is brighter than ever, can't you make her happy...? 
Kun Yang: I don't know... But you like her too don't you? So why didn't you confess to her...?
Kwangsoo: How can I do that when I knew her heart was with you all along... I know I'm not in her heart, her saving me like this, really took me by surprise... I'm touched... But I've promised myself that even though I can't become her happiness, I'll still stay by her side and be her best friend, to protect her at all costs... But she ended up getting hurt because of me... I'm sorry hyung...
Kun Yang: It's alright Kwangsoo-ah, it's not your fault, Jihyo wouldn't want you to feel guilty as well, so stop blaming yourself...
 

 

They continued to chat through the night and gradually they fell asleep. 

It has been a whole month since Jihyo fell into a coma. The Running Man members attended their schedules as usual and filmed Running Man with the absence of their ace. Everyday, they would take turns and visit Jihyo, to fill her in on recent news and updates even though she couldn't hear them. Kwangsoo would stay overnight for a few times each week, singing to Jihyo until he falls asleep. 

One Monday night, after filming, the Running Man members went to visit Jihyo, they left after a long chat, leaving Kwangsoo at the hospital to spend the night. That night, Kwangsoo sung Kim Jong Kook's One Man to Jihyo until he fell asleep. The next morning, Kwangsoo woke up, he looked up and saw Jihyo still laying on the hospital bed, feeling disappointed, he was about to go back to sleep, when he realized Jihyi's blanket was draped over him instead of Jihyo. Confused, he picked up the blanket draped it over Jihyo to make her warm. When he was about to leave, he felt someone tug his shirt. When he turned around, he was shocked to see Jihyo awake, with her hand held out, weakly tugging his shirt. He jumped and hugged Jihyo tightly right away, Jihyo looked exhausted but she gave out a little smile, allowing Kwangsoo to feel relieved seeing his Noona is happy. 
Not long after, the Running Man members and her family has arrived the hospital after hearing the news of Jihyo's awakening. They were all deighted to see Jihyo out from her coma. They all missed Jihyo and Jihyo missed her families so much as well, she couldn't wait to film Running Man again. 

 

Kwangsoo: But noona, shouldn't you rest for a bit longer first? I don't think you're in the condition to run yet, filming is very tiring noona

Gary: Yea Mongji, we don't want you to lay in the hospital again, do you know how dull this month has been for us all?

Joongki: Yea noona, health comes first, you should rest more first

Haha: Ya Song Jihyo, rest for another week first, give us a chance to win the gold!!

Suk Jin: That's right! Are you missing your gold that much already that you wanna win more gold right away?

Jong Kook: Jihyo-ah, listen to us and at least rest for one more week first

Jihyo: *pouts* But I really miss the fun and laughter during filming... I'll feel lonely to stay home alone all week... And yessss I want my goldddd too!! 

Jae Suk: Haha Jihyo-ah, how about this then, come join us on the day of filming but you don't take part in the active roles, we'll discuss with the PD to give you more passive roles so you can appear on screen but not over exhausting yourself, okay?

Jihyo: Okay sure!! Yayyyyy~

Kwangsoo: Noona are you that happy?

Jihyo: Of course! I can't wait to regularly join filming again... How long have I been laying here, my body feels so stiff...

Kwangsoo: Let me give you a massage noona

Jihyo: Wow nae kirin (my giraffe), it feels so good!! Thanks... I've missed you

Gary: But Mongji, will you be able to manage at home alone?

Jihyo: Well, I guess I should be alright...

Jong Kook: Should we drop by often to check on you?

Jihyo: Its alright, my house is so far from you guys, it will be inconvinient for you oppa, thanks anyways

Kwangsoo: Well how about I stay with you at your home for a week? So I can help around if theres anything you need. I don't have much schedules for the week anyways.

Jihyo: Its okay, no need to trouble you Kwangsoo-ah, you're tired enough

Joongki: Just let him take care of you, its better to have someone around than to be alone noona

HaHa: True, Kwangsoo, this kid is good to order around and do chores

Kwangsoo: Eii hyung!! What are you talking about?!

 

Jihyo finally laughed for the first time since she woke up after seeing Kwangsoo's cute expression. At last Jihyo agreed and also decided to have a party at her house that night to celebrate her leaving to hospital and going home. They all had a great time hanging out with each other. When everyone left, Jihyo suddenly became quiet. 

 

Kwangsoo: Noona, whats wrong? Why are you so quiet all of a sudden?

Jihyo: Kwangsoo-ah, does Kun Yang oppa know I woke up...?

Kwangsoo: Uh... Yea he does, I texted him just now, but he said he was busy so he couldn't come today...

Jihyo: Oh...

Kwangsoo: Don't worry noona, maybe he'll stop by tomorrow for a visit, its late now, go sleep noona, you need to rest

Jihyo: Okay, Goodnight nae kirin (my giraffe)~

Kwangsoo: Goodnight noona