Christmas

First Love

It has been months since Kwangsoo and Jihyo has announced their relationship in public, gradually, they learnt to ignore malicious comments and defend themselves from haters. However, because many fans were unhappy about it, their managers advised them to not meet each other in private until the matter cools down. They haven't gone out on a date for months, they couldn't even visit each other at their homes, they could barely meet each other outside of filming time. The Running Man members knew how difficult it is for them, and would go out in groups from time to time so the couple could at least meet up, Kwangsoo and Jihyo were grateful, but it just wasn't the same from when they are together alone. 

This day, it is a beautiful Christmas morning. Kwangsoo and Jihyo had decided to go out on a date. Shivering in the White Christmas, Kwangsoo went to Jihyo's house with a cup of Americano in his hand and a little box in another. 


Kwangsoo: Noona Good Morning!!
Jihyo: Oh? Morning Kwangsoo-ah 
Kwangsoo: Merry Christmas Noona~
Jihyo: Merry Christmas nae kirin~
Kwangsoo: Here's your cup of coffee for the morning hehe
Jihyo: Aww thanks 
Kwangsoo: Noona, I have a gift for you
Jihyo: Really? Kwangsoo-ah, you didn't have to...
Kwangsoo: I wanted to


The couple sat on the sofa and cuddled each other as Jihyo took the box from Kwangsoo. She opened it to see a little giraffe necklace covered in tiny diamonds, it was really beautiful. Jihyo gasped as her eyes sparkled at the gift. Kwangsoo took it out and helped Jihyo put it on. 


Kwangsoo: Merry Christmas Noona, even though I might not be able to be with you physically all the time, this giraffe will always be with you
Jihyo: It's really pretty... Kwangsoo... Thank you


They continued to spend the day at Jihyo's house. The day passed by quickly in a blink of an eye, the sun began to set. Kwangsoo was planning to take Jihyo out for dinner. 


Kwangsoo: Noona quickly!! 
Jihyo: Wait! I'm changing!!
Kwangsoo: Are you done yet? If we don't get there on time they won't give us the table!
Jihyo: Alright alright, I'll be out in a moment
Kwangsoo: I'm hungry Noona, quickkkk
Jihyo: I'm doneeee
Kwangsoo: Let's go!!!


Kwangsoo helped Jihyo get on the car and drove her to the door of the restaurant, Jihyo got off the reserve the table as Kwangsoo drove away to park the car. As Kwangsoo was walking towards the restaurant, he heard a scream, he turned around to see a girl about the faint. He immediately rushed over the hold her and help her up, but the girl was too weak to walk on her own. Known for his gentlemen like manners, Kwangsoo offered his back and piggybacked the girl to the nearest hospital. 
Meanwhile, Jihyo ordered Kwangsoo's favorite foods at the restaurant to make up for making him wait earlier, she smiled excitedly as she wanted to surprise him with her Christmas gift for him. She spent ages knitting a wool scarf and sewing on his initials "LKS" on it, she couldn't wait to see his reaction. 
At the moment, Kwangsoo and the girl has arrived the hospital, the girl was now resting after being treated by the doctor. 


Girl: Oppa, thank you so much...
Kwangsoo: No problem, as long as you're not hurt anywhere
Girl: I would've froze in the cold if it weren't for oppa, how can I ever repay you
Kwangsoo: There's no need to, don't worry about it
Girl: I'm really lucky
Kwangsoo: Well, I have to go now, someone is waiting for me
Girl: Oppa, can't you stay a little longer...? The hospital won't let me leave until my parents come and pick me up, I'll be bored on my own and I'm scared...  Can you accompany me please...?
Kwangsoo: But I have to go, I'm sorry, I've got plans tonight
Girl: Plans...? With who? Jihyo unnie...?
Kwangsoo: Don't tell anyone...
Girl: I won't, if you promise to stay with me until my parents come
Kwangsoo: But...
Girl: Please oppa...? I don't like being alone...
Kwangsoo: Alright... 
Girl: Yay oppa!! Oppa I am a big fan of yours... I'm really happy to be able to meet you, especially on Christmas night
Kwangsoo: Thanks
Girl: Oppa. Can you sign your autograph for me...?
Kwangsoo: Sure!
Girl: Wow! Then... Oppa, let's take some photos together! 


On the other side, Jihyo was getting worried as Kwangsoo still haven't appeared after he left to park the car. Jihyo began to think of possibilities to what could have happened, she then cleared her mind and thought to herself.

 

Jihyo: Well, it's Christmas night after all, maybe the traffic is bad out there or maybe the car park is full, that's why he's taking so long, yes that must be it, I'm not gonna let anyone ruin this night for me, hehe


A few hours later, Kwangsoo stayed until the girl's parents arrived as promised, as he was about to leave, he remembered Jihyo was waiting and wanted to call her, he realized that his phone was no where to be found. 


Kwangsoo: Sorry, can I borrow your phone to make a call? I think I lost my phone, I can't find it anywhere, I may have dropped it just now
Girl: Okay here you go


At the same time, Jihyo was left alone in the restaurant, it was already late and the restaurant was about to close. Jihyo stepped out onto the cold streets covered in snow. She has called Kwangsoo many times but there was no answer. She patiently waited, hoping that nothing bad has happened. Just then, her phone rang, she didn't recognize the number.


-----Phone Call-----

Jihyo: Hello? Who is this...?
Kwangsoo: Jihyo Noona! It's me, I lost my phone I'm so sorry
Jihyo: Kwangsoo...? Ya! Lee Kwangsoo, where have you been??
Kwangsoo: Sorry Noona, please forgive me, something happened and I had to goto the hospital
Jihyo: Hospital...? Why? Are you okay??
Kwangsoo: Yes Yes I'm fine, I'm coming back to the restaurant now, wait for me okay?
Jihyo: What? Do you know what time it is? The restaurant closed already!! I'm now on the streets in the snow and it's so cold!!
Kwangsoo: I'll be right there Noona, it's because someone fainted on the streets when I was walking to the restaurant, I couldn't let her freeze in the snow could I?
Jihyo: So you can't let a stranger freeze in the cold but you let your girlfriend wait in the cold?
Kwangsoo: Noona...
Jihyo: Kwangsoo... You know how much I anticipated for this date, I missed you so much, it's been months since the last time we went out for dinner, we finally get the chance after so long and you just disappear? Who knows when we'll have the chance again?? You know how much I like Christmas, but you just leave me along waiting all night on Christmas? How could you...
Kwangsoo: Noona I'm really sorry, please let me explain...
Jihyo: Nevermind... Just go home, I can't stand it here in the cold anymore, I'm going home, bye

-----Phone Call-----


Kwangsoo returned the phone to the girl and bid her goodbye, he was about to leave the hospital for Jihyo's house when a hospital staff ran up to him and said a phone was left on the girl's hospital bed. It was Kwangsoo's phone. He couldn't comprehend to why his phone would be there. He turned it on and saw over 50 missed calls and messages from Jihyo. Feeling guilty, he went out of the hospital. He saw the girl and her parents outside, the girl was on the phone but he couldn't hear her. He wanted to ask her about his phone but he was in a hurry to find Jihyo. Still confused, Kwangsoo ran to hail a taxi. The girl kept on talking on the phone. 


-----Phone Call-----

Girl: I did what you told me to, I took his phone so he would have to use my phone to call her, so now her number is in my phone, I'll just send her the photos and my job is done here

-----Phone Call-----


Jihyo was upset as she went home, she held the scarf she planned to give to Kwangsoo and sulkily dumped it on the sofa. She ate some ramen as she heard her phone ring. Kwangsoo was calling her. She wanted to answer it, but she didn't. She was confused of her feelings, on one hand she was angry at him for making her wait through the night and ruining the date, and on the other hand she just wanted Kwangsoo to come over and snuggle into him, wrapping herself up in Kwangsoo's arms. Then she received a message, she thought it was from Kwangsoo so she opened it, but it was from a number that she didn't know, inside the message were photos of Kwangsoo and the girl happily posing and playing together. Rage filled Jihyo as she couldn't hold it in, she didn't know what she was feeling, but she knew she had to let it out, no matter what, she just didn't want to be alone. Jihyo went to Gary's house who was already asleep. Gary was surprised to see Jihyo at his door without notice. Half asleep, he let Jihyo in. Jihyo rampaged his refrigerator for soju and kept drinking until she got drunk. Gary knew Jihyo had plans with Kwangsoo that night, so he called Kwangsoo. Soon, Kwangsoo arrived at Gary's house. 


Kwangsoo: Hyung! How is Jihyo, is she okay?
Gary: Ya! What happened between you guys again...? 
Kwangsoo: It's complicated... I'll explain another time... I think I screwed up... Jihyo Noona is probably mad at me...
Gary: Well obviously you did something wrong, why else would she come to my house at midnight on Christmas night??


Kwangsoo thanked Gary for taking care of Jihyo, then took Jihyo, who lost conscious from drinking, back home. He saw the scarf On the sofa, immediately he felt guilty once again, knowing how excited Jihyo was for the night. He carried her to her bed and lay down next to her, he hugged her to sleep as he realized how cold Jihyo was, probably from waiting for him in the snow. 


Kwangsoo: Why did you wait for me you fool... You should've just gone home... I'm really sorry Noona... Sorry, for ruining our date and ruining your Christmas too... It's probably too late now, but... Merry Christmas Noona...