1 Month Anniversary

First Love

It has been almost a week since Kwangsoo and Jihyo's fight, Kwangsoo tried to talk to her but Jihyo was too hurt by his comment even if she knew he didn't mean it. She continued to ignore him even when the Running Man family encouraged her to talk it out with Kwangsoo. Jihyo felt very lonely, a part of her misses Kwangsoo a lot and wanted to talk to him, but a part of her was upset and hurt. This day, Jihyo woke up late as usual, she had no schedules and was planning to run over her lines at home for an upcoming drama. She was about to print out the script when her eyes stopped at the calendar. She looked at the date, it has been one month since she dated Kwangsoo. She thought back on how happy Kwangsoo had made her in the past month, she realized that all this time, Kwangsoo was the one who always tried his best to please her and make her happy. 

 


Jihyo: Are they right? Was I just being too sensitive about my age? Well, what he said really did hurt... But then he must be hurt by my words and actions too... Oh how stupid I was... He was hurt too but only tried to comfort me instead of himself... He must be really upset that I didn't believe him and understand him... And... I even kissed Gary oppa... Why did I do that?? Kwangsoo-ah... Oh I'm so stupid, I'm really really sorry...

 


Jihyo called Kwangsoo a few times but he didn't pick up, she went to his house and rang the door bell, but there was no answer, at last she texted him to meet at a cafe at 3:00pm. She walked around to look for a decent gift for Kwangsoo. She walked around the Lotte department store, her eyes stopped at a beautiful music box. It was shaped of a piano and the music box played the music box version of one of  Kwangsoo's favorite songs - Emerald Castle's Steps. At that moment, she knew this was the perfect gift. She bought it and had it wrapped up, then went to the cafe to wait for Kwangsoo. 
She impatiently checked the time multiple times, it was already 4:30 but there was still no sign of Kwangsoo. Feeling worried, Jihyo called Jong Kook. 

 


-----Phone Call-----

Jihyo: Oppa, it's me

Jong Kook: Oh Jihyo, what's the matter?

Jihyo: Oppa, do you know where Kwangsoo is? I've tried texting him, calling him and I went to his house but I can't find him, I've texted him to meet at a cafe at 3 but he didn't show up either... Do you have any idea where he might be?

Jong Kook: Kwangsoo stood you up? That doesn't seem like him, but I don't know too, he didn't find me

Jihyo: Oh... Can you tell me if he finds you? Thanks oppa...

Jong Kook: Alright Jihyo-ah, bye

Jihyo: Bye

-----Phone Call-----

 


Jihyo broke into tears, there weren't many people in the cafe but everyone was staring at her. The waitress walked over to comfort Jihyo but she refused and walked out. She never knew how much she loved Kwangsoo until she lost him. Crying, she walked home. At the door, her sobbed as she punched in the password to her home and opened the door. The house was pitch black, in contrast to when Kwangsoo would always welcome her home, she stared into her empty house full of loneliness. She sighed and walked in. 
All of a sudden, a few people stood up with lit candles in their hands, Jihyo was speechless as she walked in to see it was actually the Running Man members, including Jong Kook who she called earlier. Inside the house, the candles led her to Kwangsoo who was smiling at her with a home made cake in his hands. The cake was heart shaped, spread all over with cream and decorated with chocolate sauce which outlines a border at the side of the cake. On the cake, written in Chocolate sauce were the words "Happy 1 Month Anniversary!" 
Jihyo couldn't stop her tears from flowing out as she took the cake from Kwangsoo's hand, put it down, and leant forward, pulling Kwangsoo into a passionate kiss. The Running Man members cheered and the lights as they broke away. 

 


Kwangsoo: I'm sorry for what I said Noona, will you forgive me?

Jihyo: No Kwangsoo-ah, I'm the one who was wrong... I was too sensitive and didn't consider your feelings... I'm so sorry Kwangsoo...

Kwangsoo: Noona, I'm sorry you had to wait for hours at the cafe earlier, I didn't answer your calls and didn't come because I was busy baking this cake and decorating your house, we were already here when you called Jong Kook hyung

Jihyo: Ya Kwangsoo! Do you know how worried I was? I thought I was gonna lose you forever... 

Kwangsoo: Hey hey, Jihyo-ah, I'm here right now, aren't I? I'm right here beside you, and I will be here forever, I will never ever leave you, because you are my world Noona...

Jihyo: Kwangsoo... Thankyou... Really Thankyou... I love you nae Kirin...

Kwangsoo: I love you too~ Happy 1 month Anniversary Noona, I hope you like this surprise. 

Jihyo: Happy 1 month Anniversary~ 

HaHa: Ya you two, are we invisible or what? We've been here helping you get this prepared all afternoon, when are you gonna get us some food?

Jong Kook: Eiii Donghoon, you're ruining the moment! They were so sweet just now!

Jae Suk: Kim Kook Jong! What do you know about love eh? 

Suk Jin: Who are you thinking about now? Yoon Eun Hye? Or Moon Geun Young?

Jong Kook: Yah!! 

Gary: Uh oh, he's angry now!!

Kwangsoo: Gosh, you guys are really experts at ruining the atmosphere, well thank you so much for your help guys, let's go get dinner

Jihyo: Wait, before you guys ruin this again, just give me 5 minutes of sweet time with my sweet heart

 


The others pretended to puke while Jihyo took out her present and handed it to Kwangsoo. Kwangsoo unwrapped it, his eyes stopped at the beautiful music box, he was surprised that Jihyo remembered this was one of his favorite songs as he had only mentioned it once during a Running Man filming ages ago. Kwangsoo pulled Jihyo into another kiss as the others moaned at the sight of the couple's sweet moments. 
They then all went out for dinner and celebrated, but little did they know, someone had been watching them all along.