Distanced

First Love

It has been weeks since the fight between Jihyo and Kwangsoo. They went on as they were, being friendly and teasing each other on screen, but turning cold towards each other once the cameras were turned off. Sometimes, they would miss each other so much that they would use the camera as an excuse just to interact with each other, but that was it. Once cameras were off, they had snapped back into reality, distancing from each other. It was obvious to anyone around, the staffs and PD were aware of this, but they would not try to intervene in their personal matters as long as it does not affect the show. The Running Man members however, have been speculating for quite a while, trying to figure out what had happened between them.They've tried to talk to them individually about it, but neither of them were willing to open up. 

One day, the Running Man family except for Kwangsoo and Jihyo gathered to discuss about this. 

 

Joongki: I don't understand how they would become like this all of a sudden, they were so close and always cared for each other. 

Gary: Yea no matter on screen or off screen they used to quarrel like little kids all the time, sometimes as the Monday Boyfriend, I'd get jealous of how close they are, but now it just seems like they don't even know each other. 

Jong Kook: What could have possibly happened? Given how close they were, if it was a fight over something stupid, it would have been resolved already, for them to both hold back for so long, it must've been something serious

Suk Jin: Jong Kook is right about that, if it was just a small fight, they'd usually make up almost immediately, its either that or Kwangsoo would easily convince Jihyo not to be angry too, but this time, it seems Kwangsoo isn't gonna take any action to solve this problem either. 

Jae Suk: but we don't even know what the matter is, it is difficult to help them without knowing what the cause of all this is, and it doesn't seem like they would tell us easily either

HaHa: Well, how about try to talk to them again, instead of asking them as a group, maybe they would be more comfortable to talk to fewer people

Joongki: I'm free tonight, should I take Kwangsoo out for a drink then try to ask him? 

Jong Kook: I'm free as well, I'll join you, I think he's comfortable enough with us to tell us about it

Jae Suk: Okay that would work, then how about Suk Jin and I go talk to Jihyo tonight? She trusts us like big brothers

Gary: Good, hopefully they will bring up the problem, so how about after the talks we would all meet up back here at my resurant at 11pm? Then we can see how we can help them together

HaHa: Sure, let's just try this for now, hope it would work

Jae Suk: See you guys tonight then

Jong Kook: I'll get going too, bye!

HaHa: Bye hyung

 

That night, Jae Suk and Suk Jin bought some snacks and soju and went to Jihyo's house for a surprise visit. 

 

Suk Jin: Shouldn't we call first? What if she's not home?

Jae Suk: She should be home, if we call she might say she's busy and won't let us come

 

As they rung the door bell, Jihyo was shocked to see them at the door, she quickly let them in and made them comfortable. 

 

Jihyo: Oppa, why are you here all of a sudden?

Jae Suk: Jihyo ah, nothing special, just for a drink, want some soju?

Jihyo: Uh... sure

Suk Jin: Don't hesitate, or else the soju will go away!

Jihyo: What are you talking about oppa, are you already drunk?

Jae Suk: Just take a bottle, we all know how much you love drinking

Jihyo: Eii oppa!!

Suk Jin: It seems like Kwangsoo's framing weren't entirely wrong huh?

Jihyo: ...

Jae Suk: Jihyo-ah, I think you know why we came here, you can trust us, what ever is the matter, we are always here to help you, and we would never judge you, you know that right? We're a family, and that's what a family is for, yeah?

Jihyo: Yea...

Suk Jin: So we've all noticed, I mean, you and Kwangsoo were so close, like real siblings, or sometimes we'd even be suspicious of you guys not telling us something...

Jihyo: No! Never... Its not what you're thinking about... We never dated...

Jae Suk: Then what happened Jihyo-ah, two people who are good friends wouldn't suddenly turn cold towards each other for no reason. 

Jihyo: Well... I, I dunno what to do oppa, At first I thought this was the right thing to do, but now, I'm not so sure anymore, it seems like he still cares about me, I wanted to make him angry so he would hate me and forget me, but then it seems like he's more upset and hurt than angry... What should I do...

 

At the same time, Kwangsoo was also letting out all his thoughts, trying to gain comfort from the bitter situation. 

 

Kwangsoo: The truth is... I love her, I have always noticed her since secondary school, we were really good friends, but when she disappeared, somehow it made me feel empty, thats why when I finally got to meet her again, I've decided to never let her go... Even if all I would ever be to her is a brother... I would be fine with it, as long as she is happy... 

Jong Kook: What about yourself? Are you happy?

Kwangsoo: I dont know hyung... I'm happy when she's happy... But when she just shut me out like that all of a sudden... It hurts even more... What did I even do wrong...? Did she hear me that night...? Is it becuase she hates me that she acted this way?

Joongki: Noona isn't like that, you know it, let's say she heard you taht night, what would she be thinking?

Kwangsoo: I am so stupid... Why did i speak out, I've successfully kept it hidden for years, all of a sudden I have to come out and ruin everything...

 

After consulting them both, the Running Man family except for Jihyo and Kwangsoo all back gathers at Gary's resturant. 

 

HaHa: So how did it go? Did you get them to open up?

Jae Suk: Yea, we talked to Miss Mong, I think it is a misunderstanding between them, this is a trick situation though, there's not much we can do

Gary: What do you mean? What about Kwangsoo?

Jong Kook: I kind of get what Kwangsoo is feeling, I'll have to know what happened with Jihyo to fully understand the situation

 

They exchanges the stories from both sides, realizing the problem is that both of them are afraid to hurt each other and to get hurt, leaving the unexpressed feelings to turn into misunderstandings. 

 

Joongki: So Kwangsoo likes noona, noona found out and feels she isn't ready to get in a relationship with Kwangsoo as she is emotionally still dwelling over her first love, but might have some undeveloped feelings towards Kwangsoo. However, she doesn't want Kwangsoo to get hurt like she did, so she decided to distance herself, and even tried to make Kwangsoo hate her, but instead resulted in hurting Kwangsoo and making him think she hates him?

HaHa: Wow... this is complicated...

Suk Jin: Yup... that would pretty much summarize this... 

Gary: How in world are we supposed to intervene in this...

Jae Suk: It's hard... but one thing's for sure, continuing like now would only make matters worse, they wouldn't be able to solve this if they don't talk things out

Jong Kook: I guess we will have to at least try and make them talk about this...

Suk Jin: But how? they've been avoiding each other for weeks, every time we gather for dinner after filming, its either Kwangsoo that's missing with Jihyo here, or it's the other way round, once one of them hears the other will be there, the one would refuse to go... 

HaHa: Well, that's simple, we would have to lie to them. 

 

They went on and discussed till midnight, they decided to set out their plan next week after filming, hoping it would resolve problems between them, because if this continues on, neither of them would be happy.

 

And so their plan had finally begun...