Eomeonim

First Love

It has been a few days since the release of of the movie teasers featuring Jihyo and In Sung. The movie posters garnered massive attention from netizens, both good and bad. Some ridiculous articles even went as far as to claiming a love triangle between Jihyo, Kwangsoo and Jo in Sung. Jihyo dared not to bring up this topic in front of Kwangsoo, and Kwangsoo tried to avoid talking about the movie as well. Even the Running Man members, who are always supportive of each other's work, tried to evade the topic, especially when this has brought Jihyo's previous controversy back to light, where she had acted in bed scenes, revealing her body in a movie with Jo In Sung.

This morning, Jihyo was surfing on the internet while Kwangsoo was making her some breakfast. She was devastated to see images of her and In Sung captured from the bed scene in their previous movie together. She read the comments under the articles where some cheered on her and told her to stay strong, some defended her from the haters, some accused her for selling her body for money, some speculated her cheating on Kwangsoo with In Sung, some thinking she's not fit for Kwangsoo, etc. Her hands were shaking as she clicked on each article, she didn't know what to do, and she didn't know how to face Kwangsoo. At this moment, Kwangsoo walked over and sat down next to Jihyo. Jihyo who was shocked to see Kwangsoo coming over, immediately slapped her laptop shut. 

 

Kwangsoo: Why are you so frightened? What were you looking at?

Jihyo: Huh...? Nothing...

Kwangsoo: Noona, don't tell me you were...... Jihyo noona, didn't I tell you before? You don't have to care about what the people think, you can do it, just know that I believe you

Jihyo: Yes... That's all I really need... With you I can be strong...

Kwangsoo: Then come on! Breakfast is ready!

 

That afternoon, Kwangsoo and Jihyo went out for a date to the movies, they shared popcorn and street snacks, forgetting all of their worries. They had a great time, many fans recognized them and asked for photos and autographs, photos of them having a sweet time together was all over the internet. Although some people questioned Jihyo about her movie and her relationship with Jo In Sung, Jihyo was able to stay strong with Kwangsoo beside her, and ignored the haters with a smile. They bought sushi take-out and headed back to Kwangsoo's house for dinner. As they walked in, they saw the lights in the house, and a pair of heels at Kwangsoo's doorstep. Confused, Kwangsoo walked in and was shocked to find his mother sitting on his couch, patiently waiting for him. Jihyo who was surpised, quickly brushed her messy hair and rushed over to greet his mother. 

 

Jihyo: Eomeonim! Hello, I'm Jihyo, nice to meet you.

Kwangsoo: Oh? Omma? What are you doing here? Why didn't you tell me you were coming?

Kwangsoo's Mother: Kwangsoo-ah, I came because theres something I wanted to talk to you about, but I didn't know you had company

Kwangsoo: Eii omma, what do you mean company? You know Jihyo noona, you've seen her before! Weren't you very excited when I introdued her to you as my girlfriend last time omma?

Kwangsoo's Mother: That's why I'm came here tonight, there's something I wanted to speak to you about, perhaps it'll be even easier since Song Jihyo-ssi is here as well, take a seat first

Jihyo: What's the matter eomeonim?

Kwangsoo's Mother: I'm sure both of you are aware of those images and articles online these few days

Kwangsoo: Omma...

Kwangsoo's Mother: People have been coming to ask me and your father about them too, how we felt about your son being cheated on, what do we think of Song Jihyo-ssi as a future daughter-in-law in those photos, I really didn't know how I should respond

Kwangsoo: Omma, that's enough, stop... Those rumours are all not true, I know very well that Jihyo noona loves me and I love her too, what the people are talking about doesn't matter

Kwangsoo's Mother: Let me finish... Frankly, what the truth is doesn't really matter that much to me, whether if its true or not, what bothers me is that your matters, your controversies is affecting my son and my family too. I don't want to see my innocent son being dragged into this mess because of your matters, I don't care if its true or not, but I don't want to hear about my son dating , I know its not true, and I feel sorry for you as well Jihyo-ssi, but I hope you can understand, how much this will hurt him and his family...

Jihyo: Eomeonim... I'm sorry... I'm really sorry... I was wrong... I promise this will never happen agian...

Kwangsoo: Noona, stop speaking nonesense, you did nothing wrong... this isn't your fault... Omma! you should know how hard it already is for her, how can you come and say such hurtful words like that?? After all that we still managed to stay together, shouldn't you know better than to do something like this...?

Kwangsoo's Mother: I'm only doing this for your own good... I think you should break up if you still want you career to be as successful as it is now son, you know how cruel it is to work in this industry, you know how difficult it is to survive in this industry, one little mistake and it will be the end, I'm just trying to protect you...

Kwangsoo: Omma, I know you mean well, but I don't need this kind of protection, it doesn't matter if we fall as long as we fall together, we can help each other and stand up together again, but I'm never leaving her

Kwangsoo's Mother: Jihyo-ssi, I hope you will think for my son, please consider my words if you truly love him...

Jihyo: Eomeonim... I... I need some time...

Kwangsoo: Noona... don't... I beg you... 

Kwangsoo's Mother: Take you time, I understand its a tough decision, Jihyo-ssi, I hope you will understand me too

Jihyo: Ne... Then... I'll go home first... Goodbye Eomeonim... 

Kwangsoo: Let me drive you noona... 

Jihyo: It's okay... I'll manage... See you tomorrow at Running Man filming Kwangsoo-ah...

Kwangsoo: Noona...

 

Jihyo pulled her cap down to cover her face so no one would see her crying on the streets. She thought of Kwangsoo's Mother's words, she knew they were true, she knew she had a point, she knew it is selfish to hold onto Kwangsoo, but she just couldn't bring herself to leave Kwangsoo, even the thought of it was terrifying.