How Well Do You Know Miss Mong

First Love

A few days later, the Running Man members gathered at the SBS Building, they are in a meeting with the main PD of Running Man to discuss the matter of low ratings. 

 

PD: So I suppose you all know we have been suffering from quite low ratings recently, I have been discussing with the broadcasting station and we came up with the conclusion that, even though Running Man has been a well loved show across the world with a huge fanbase, we still have to do something to boost the ratings again in order for the show to survive. 

Jae Suk: Yea, its been 6 years in just a blink of an eye...

HaHa: I've seen many fans saying they missed the old concepts of Running Man

PD: Yes, but we can't possibily continue ripping nametags forever

Suk Jin: And we're getting old too, its not easy for us to run and chase freely nowadays...

Jong Kook: That is our main concern actually, the fans miss the old missions, but our bodies can no longer handle such intense activities every week, if its occasionally then its still okay

Gary: So we need to find a way that can incorporate those mission concepts into new ideas that the fans would still love but require less intensity?

PD: Yes that's our goal, but we've been struggling with that, its not as easy as it sounds

Jihyo: Its okay you guys, you don't have to avoid the topic, we all know thats not the only reason, the show has suffered quite a lot because of me too, I'm sorry...

Jae Suk: Aish Miss Mong, don't say that!!

Jong Kook:, Yea Jihyo-ah, you know we dont blame you, we're not like the others, we know what happened and we understand

Jihyo: But it still doesnt change the fact that I'm the problem...

Kwangsoo: Noona... It's not your fault

Suk Jin: Jihyo-ah, you don't have to feel responsible for this. Any how lets not dwell on this and focus on the solution instead?

Gary: Then how about we focus on improving Jihyo's image first? Her image has been greatly tarnished since the incident...

Kwangsoo: Yea let's do that

PD: That's a good idea, I think its important for Jihyo-ssi to rebuild her image too for the good of Running Man in the long term, it may also help the ratings if we can get the haters to love Jihyo-ssi again

Jihyo: How can we do that though...?

Jong Kook: How about we do an episode with Jihyo as the focus?

Suk Jin: Many people loved Jihyo for her role as the Monday Couple Girlfriend, and many fans shipped her with a lot of us too, Spartace, Candy Alliance, Hahyo...

Jae Suk: That... might be a good idea! Fans shipped her with everyone of us, but who is the one in her heart? Which ship does Jihyo herself support?

HaHa: But don't we all know the answer to that already... *glances at Kwangsoo* Are you comfortable with this Jihyo-ah...?

 

Jihyo hesitated, she knew this could be quite uncomfortable for her, but seeing her Running Man family all supporting her, she couldn't be selfish and reject this great idea just because it is awkward for her, so she nodded in agreement. 

 

Kwangsoo: Jihyo noona... Are you sure...?

PD: Thats a pretty good theme for an episode, Jihyo-ssi, do you agree with this?

Jihyo: Yea, I like it

Jae Suk: It's settled then

 

This day, the Running Man members and production crew gathered for filming. Jihyo is dressed in simple but gorgeous white dress in full make up, all the members gaped at her in awe, they knew their Mongji has always been pretty, but they often treated her as a family that they had forgotten her girlish charms. Above Jihyo was a banner stating the theme of the day "How Well Do You Know Miss Mong?"

 

Jae Suk: I know! I know her well, she is "mong" XD

Jihyo: Ya! Oppa, do you wanna die?

Suk Jin: I know! She's bad tempered

Jihyo: Noooo, can't you see the concept for today? I'm the main character, how can you say that??

Gary: Ahh Mongji Mongji, you're so pretty today~

Jihyo: Aww thanks Gelly Gelly~

HaHa: Aish what's wrong with you two == I'm getting goosebumps

Suk Jin: Ya, but this is unfair!! We all know of course Kwangsoo knows Jihyo the best!!

Kwangsoo: No... Not exactly...

Jae Suk: What do you mean not exactly? And Suk Jin hyung, are you new to Running Man? Its never fair!! Do you think it's fair we have to complete against Jong Kook??

Jong Kook: It's totally fair!! We're all just humans, does anyone object? *death stare*

HaHa: Eiii hyung why so scary!! This isnt a horror special!!

Jae Suk: He's always been scary!! Anyways let's introduce the mission for today, as we can see our Miss Mong is the main character for today. We will complete for the title of knowing Jihyo the best. 

PD: Previously, Jihyo-ssi has picked one person from the 6 of you, and you main goal today is to find out who that person is. You will be separated into two groups, team 1 includes Jong Kook, Haha and Gary, and team 2 includes Jae Suk, Suk Jin and Kwangsoo

Jae Suk: Jong Kook and the two kids again??

Jong Kook, HaHa and Gary: *iconic "whoo" move* This team is the best!

HaHa: Yeahh we've got the Monday Boyfriend

Suk Jin: What so great about that? We've got Kwangsoo!! The REAL ex-boyfriend

Jong Kook: You guys are just the Jail Regulars Trio, today the 3 of you will be the first to visit the jail as well!

PD: In teams you will be playing various games to obtain hints about who the person in Jihyo's heart is, at the last venue, each person will write down who they think that person is. If no one gets it correct, mud will be poured on the 6 of you, and Jihyo-ssi will win the prize. If someone gets it right, then mud will be poured on Jihyo-ssi and the ones that got it wrong, and the people who got it right will share the prize. 

HaHa: Ahh, so its Jihyo against all of us?

Jae Suk: Ya Kwangsoo, you must tell us everything you know, don't betray us!!

Kwangsoo: I won't hyung, I promise!

 

They wrapped up the opening and headed towards the next filming location. This section is to find out what Jihyo wants, their mission is to complete and bring the item Jihyo picked in secret quicker than the other team. In the first round, the items were flowers. They all knew Jihyo's favorite flower is sunflower, so as soon as they heard the whistle, the 6 men rushed towards the flower shop and fought over the plastic sunflower with the R sticker on it. After a while, their fighting caused the flower to get ripped into pieces. They all arrived infront of Jihyo at the same time, Jong Kook's team handed her the sunflower stem, while Jae Suk's team handed her the petals. Jihyo bursted into laughter at the sight of the torn flower.

 

Jihyo: You guys, I'm flattered that you remember my favorite flower, but this time thats not what I chose, daeng! Wrong!

 

The men rushed back to the flower shop and bought another type of flower. This time Gary brought back a lily and it was correct. They continued the 2nd and 3rd round of the game with ice cream flavours and coloured t-shirts. Of course as the men fought, it became chaotic, involving many biting, hair pulling and torn shirts. At last, Jong Kook's team won the game and left for the next location with the hint in their car. In the car, they opened up the envolope and pulled out the hint card. On the hint card wrote "ㄱ".

 

HaHa: ㄱ?

Gary: If its "ㄱ" then... Me? 강개리 (Kang Gary)?

HaHa: It can also be 광수 (Kwangsoo), 국이 Kookie, 김종국 (Kim Jong Kook)?

Jong Kook: Don't forget 재석 (Jae Suk) hyung and 석진 (Suk Jin) hyung too

Gary: Aish what kind of hint is that?? It can be anyone!!

HaHa: 기린 (Giraffe)?

Jong Kook: Well one things for sure, its not you Donghoon-ah

Gary: Now that we've elimintaed HaHa, that leaves 5 of us

HaHa: Whyyyyy?? Why Jihyo-ah, why not me >,<

Jong Kook: Aish shut up!

HaHa: Yes...

 

At the next mission venue, they arrived at a karaoke room.

 

Kwangsoo: Norebang? We have to sing again?

Jae Suk: What will we be doing here?

HaHa: We have to listen to Jong Kook hyung's annoying mosquito voice again?

Jong Kook: Ya! Do you wanna die??

PD: From this list of 10 songs, Jihyo has chosen one, you have to sing the song to see if its the right one, and when you find out which song it is, you need to reach 90 points or above in the karaoke machine to succeed. The first team that succeeds wins. 

Gary: 90 points?? 

Suk Jin: That's too difficult!

Jae Suk: Ya ya check this list out, they're all girl group songs. How are we supposed to sing these?? APink's NoNoNo, Mr Chu, AOA's Heart Attack, Good Luck, GFriend's Me Gustas Tu, Rough, Navillera, Twice's Like Ooh Ahh, Cheer Up, 4 Minute's Hot Issue...

HaHa: Hot Issue! Hot Issue!

 

HaHa snatched the remote from the PD's hands and quickly accepted the challenge with 4 Minute's Hot Issue. Jong Kook team sang and danced enthusiastically, HaHa danced his famous Iron Man dance while Gary did his iconic dance move, causing the rest of the memers to burst into laughter. They got 91 points, surprising the members and production team. 

 

HaHa: Yeah 91 points!

Gary: Is it right?

Jihyo: Daeng!! Wrong!

Jong Kook: It isnt Hot Issue??

Jae Suk: You got it wrong, now get out! Its our turn

 

Jae Suk picked AOA's Heart Attack, as AOA appeared on the screen, Gary rushed over and hugged the tv screen shouting Seolhyun's name. Jae Suk's team also sang and dance to the song, causing the others to stare at them in horror as they attempted to act y. They got 78 points.

 

Suk Jin: Aish 78...

Jae Suk: Please be wrong please be wrong

Jihyo: Daeng!! Still wrong!

 

Jong Kook team then danced GFriend's Me Gustas Tu and the others all cringed as Jong Kook danced cutely full of aegyo. Unfortunately, it was still wrong. Kwangsoo then whispered something in Jae Suk's ear.

 

Kwangsoo: Noona likes Twice, try Twice's Cheer Up

Jae Suk: Ahh really? This is it then, this is it

 

Jae Suk team sang Cheer Up and obtained 94 points, Jihyo then announced it was the right song as they ran over to Jihyo and hugged her out of joy. Excitedly they sang the song together as Jihyo danced along cutely. Of course, the Running Man didn't miss the opportunity to tease Jihyo and made her perform Hot Issue. The men cheered loudly as Jihyo danced shyly, they even memorized the fanchant perfectly. On the way to the next mission venue, Jae Suk team opened up the envolpoe and took out the hint card, it read "Single".

 

Kwangsoo: SIngle...

Jae Suk: That means it can't be me, Suk Jin hyung or Donghoon

Suk Jin: So its either Jong Kook, Gary or Kwangsoo

Kwangsoo: That's still too vague, we need to win the next mission too

 

The Running Man arrived at the Namsan Tower, the view was beautiful. For Kwangsoo and Jihyo, it also brought back many beautiful memories, they once had a secret date right where they were standing, for a while Jihyo got teary eyed and Kwangsoo remained silent. The members sensed this and wanted to give them some space, they also knew they needed a little time to sort out their emotions. They all found an excuse to walk away, Jae Suk called for a mic check, and Jong Kook asked for some water, while Haha, Suk Jin and Gary went to the washroom. The crew also called for break and turned off the cameras for the two. Kwangsoo walked along the wall of couple locks as he searched for the one he and Jihyo hung. 

 

Kwangsoo: Found it... Noona, remember this...? Our KwangMong lock...

Jihyo: Oh... Yea, I remember that day... Our failed disguises...

Kwangsoo: Noona... I never had the courage to say this since you came back, but I really miss you... I still really love you Jihyo noona... Must we be like this...?

Jihyo: Kwangsoo-ah... You know its not easy for me too... I know, I miss you too... but your mother...

Kwangsoo: Yes my mother, but so what...? What about me? What about you? What about us...? What about everything we've been through noona...

Jihyo: I'm sorry... Kwangsoo-ah... Kwangsoo...

 

Jihyo bursted into tears at this point. Kwangsoo regreted speaking up seeing his noona cry, he handed her a tissue and raised his hand to gently caress her hair, but stopped mid-air. He wanted to hug her so bad. Jihyo excused herself and ran to the washroom to calm down and wash up. She then returned as if nothing happened, she had her make up reapplied and rejoined the rest of the cast ready to continue filming. This time the mission is to increase Jihyo's heartbeat. Each member will have 1 minute to boost Jihyo's heartbeat, the highest heartbeat reached by each member will be added up in the team, the team with the largest number wins. The members all did their best to boost Jihyo's heartbeat with their own hilarious skits. Jae Suk, Suk Jin and HaHa took the comedic route, while Jong Kook and Gary took the touching route. They all had goosebumps at the sweet Monday Couple scene when Gary pours out cheesy lines at Jihyo, making her laugh in embarassment. The last to go is Kwangsoo. He walked up to Jihyo and held her hand while kneelng down on one knee. Jihyo was shocked, and so was the other members. Gary glared in jealousy as the Monday boyfriend.

 

Kwangsoo: Jihyo noona, we've known each other for about 20 years by now, we've been good friends since we were still kids, and we've been through a lot together. But I was always able to be happy and bright, because you were always beside me. You always had my back, and I can't even imagine how life would be like without you. A few months ago, I felt hopeless, I thought I lost you forever, but here you are, right in front of me again, and I can finally breathe and smile. I can't live without you Jihyo-ah, I need you, and I love you, can you please be my girlfriend again...?

 

Jihyo had her other ahnd over , she was so shocked to Kwangsoo's sudden confession, especially during filming and in front of everyone, not jsut the members and the crew, but in front of all the Running Man viewers out there. To the Runnin Man members watching from the side, it was like watching a drama, they were all nervously waiting for Jihyo's reply. Kwangsoo stood up and took another step towards Jihyo. With one hand still holding onto Jihyo's hand, his other hand reached up and gently brushed a strand of Jihyo's hair and tucked it behind her ear. He then leaned his face forward about to kiss Jihyo. Jihyo gulped at Kwangsoo's actions, she was so nervous her heart was beating like crazy. She panciked as she didn't know what to do. She kept trying to convince herself he is just doing this for the show, to make her heart beat quickly, but her heart refused to believe it. A part deep inside her wanted to kiss Kwangsoo so bad. But it isn't right, no matter what, she just couldn't do it. She took a deep breath and stepped away from Kwangsoo, yanked his hand off hers and grabbed his hair pulling his head away from his. The crew and the Running Man cast roared with laughter at this hilarious scene, Kwangsoo's surprised "mong" expression was really funny too. 

 

Jihyo: Ya Lee Kwangsoo! Are you crazy?? Go away!

 

Jihyo smacked Kwangsoo on his head and Kwangsoo kicked Jihyo, causing the two to break into a comedic KwangMong siblings fight. 

 

Running Man members except for Kwangsoo and Jihyo: Fight! Fight! Fight!

PD: Okay calm down, we will announce the winners for this mission now. Jae Suk's team won with the exceptionally high record set by Kwangsoo. 

Jae Suk: Oooooh Miss Mong, you were touched by his confession!!!! You did well Kwangsoo-ah~

Jihyo: WAS NOT

HaHa: WAS TOO

Suk Jin: Ya Jihyo-ah, are you blushing?

Jihyo: I'm notttttt

Gary: But you are!! You're cheeks are so red Jihyo-ah

Jong Kook: Just admit ittttt

Jihyo: Nooo!!! Aishhh ya Lee Kwangsoo!! This is all your fault!!

Kwangsoo: How is it my fault?? You're the one blushing!!

 

Jae Suk's team read the hint they recieved. The hind card read "Boyfriend~ <3" 

 

Kwangsoo: Boyfriend...? Does that mean...

Suk Jin: Its you? You were her boyfriend, or monday boyfriend?

Jae Suk: So this narrows it down to Kwangsoo and Gary? Ya this is a good hint!

 

But Kwangsoo knew it isn't Gary, it meant him. When they were dating, he always teased Jihyo for not calling him her boyfriend, so he snatched Jihyo's phone from her and saved his contact number under the name "Boyfriend~ <3". Kwangsoo recognized it at once, though the other Running Man didn't know what it meant, as Jihyo changed it back immediately after she snatched her phone back. However, Kwangsoo remained silent throughout the ride, its no surprise that he didn't keep his promise to not betray the hyungs. After a while, the Running Man members reached the final location. One by one, they went into the voting booth and wrote down the name of who they thought the chosen person is. The Running Man members all thought it was impossible for Jihyo to pick Kwangsoo as they knew she would try her best to avoid awkwardness. However, they didn't know that Jihyo's choice was actually previously made by attaching a heart monitor onto Jihyo and showing her photos of the 6 men, where the member with the highest heartbeat is chosen. Jae Suk, Suk Jin and HaHa voted for Gary, Gary and Jong Kook voted for Jae Suk, and it was now Kwangsoo's turn. He glanced at Jihyo who is anxiously praying to not get soaked by mud. He remebered Jihyo often complained about how hard it is to get her hair clean after filming with mud. He also smiled at the thought of Jihyo's smile when winning the prize, which is likely to be her favorite -- Gold. With that, he made his decision to vote for Gary. They all stood in their respective spots below the mud cannon. As the PD began to count down, the members all lowered their heads and closed their eyes tightly in fear, praying not to get splashed by the mud cannon. 

 

PD: 3, 2, 1

 

Mud splashed onto all of the Running Man members except for Jihyo, Jihyo shrieked in joy while the other members groaned. Jihyo walked up to recieve the price, a pair of gold rings!

 

Suk Jin: Omg its gold AGAIN

HaHa: No doubt its Gold Jihyo!!

Gary: I'm jealous...

Jae Suk: It isn't Gary?

Jong Kook: Who is it?

Jihyo: Kwangsoo

Suk Jin: We totally didn't expect it to be Kwangsoo!! How come??

Jihyo: It wasn't me who chose him! It was my heart... Aish that came out wrong, so cheesy >.<

HaHa: So you know how cringeworthy that is?? Goosebumpsssss

Gary: Date him! Date him!

Jihyo: Ya Kang Gary!!

Kwangsoo: Noona, congratulations!!

Jihyo: Didn't you get the last hint? How come you still didn't know?? You forgot...?

Kwangsoo: Of course not! Of course I remember, I knew it was me, but I didn't want noona to get soaked in mud, so I jsut wrote Gary hyung's name.

Jihyo: Kwangsoo-ah... You didn't have to do that...

Kwangsoo: I wanted to, and noona, about what I said earlier, I didn't say it just for boosting your heartbeat, I meant every word I said... 

Jihyo: ...

Kwangsoo: You haven't given me an answer yet... Well...?

Jihyo: Kwangsoo...

 

Jihyo's eyes welled with tears, the tears flowed down her cheeks like a river with no end, she bit her lip as she struggled to give an answer. She wanted to run away, but Kwangsoo was right in front of her, with his eye locked on hers. Everyone else was staring at her waiting for her reply as well. It's almost as if time stopped for her to stop running away and finally facing her problem. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. With that, she made her decision. She has always been confused and filled with regret, but now she was clear what her answer is. She had never felt so sure.