Rainy Day

First Love

Although Jihyo was still devastated from the news, she assured the Running Man family that she would be okay and wanted to be alone. She promised Kwangsoo she wouldn't skip her meals and call him whenever she needs him. They all left Jihyo's house and went home. Jihyo wandered around, not knowing what to do. She sat in silence, gazing out into the grey sky, it was raining, just like how her heart is crying. She watched the rain hitting the floor drop by drop as her eyes became watery. Memories of Kun Yang oppa flooded her mind, she smiled at those memories, because they were just too beautiful. How much she wished she could travel back in time, even for just one day, she wish she could go back and tell Kun Yang oppa everything in her heart. A load roar of thunder broke her away from her thoughts, reality hit her as she realized she had lost him forever. There was no way she could ever see him again, let alone speak to him. 

She grabbed her umbrella and keys, then headed out to the Han Gang river. She faced towards the river, watching the raindrops sink into the river. Han Gang was one of the places where she shared the best memories with Kun Yang oppa, she observed the place as she recalled their memories, she sat down on a rock nearby, which she recognized when she had once sat there as she and Kun Yang had a picnic by the river. It was a sunny day, infact, it was her birthday, Kun Yang had stayed up all night to prepare her favorite foods for the picnic, he even gave her a necklace for a present. It was the exact same necklace she was wearing right now. She held the amulet and felt its smooth sides that formed a heart shape, and the rough surface of a little diamond inside, it wasn't big and very expensive, but it meant the world to her. She clutched it and took it off, she held it to her heart. 

 

Jihyo: Kun Yang oppa... Can you hear me right now...? Its me... Your sis, Jihyo. I'm sorry for bursting out at you that day... I finally understand why you did what you did, it must have been difficult for you... Well, oppa, I was never angry at you, how could I ever get angry? I love you too much, more than a little sister should... Although it had been a painful journey, I will neevr forget you... Despite knowing all that I would go through, if I have a chance to change my life, I would still choose to mmet you, because meeting you, is one of the best things that ever happened to me... I would never regret being your friend, your ex girlfriend, and your little sister, its my honor... I will forever be grateful to you... Remember what you said? You once said, no matter whatm if I'm sad, you will be sad, and if I'm happy, you will be happy. So... for you... I will try to be happy, I can't guarentee if I can succeeed... but I promise you I will try my best to do so... Thank you for being my everything... I love you Kun Yang oppa... Goodbye...

 

Jihyo turned back and headed towards the street to hail for a taxi, she was interrupted by a gust of strong wind, it blew the umbrella away from her hand, she quickly put the necklace into her pockets, keeping it safe and dry. Then tried to catch her umbrella, but it was too late, the wind was too strong and it had blew away. She was soaking wet in the rain, the rain was pouring so hard that she could hardly see the road. She was trembling from the cold and walked shakingly to under the bridge. It was the nearest shelter she could find, but it wasnt the best. She winced as the wind blew against her wet skin. She stood there hoping the rain would stop, but the rain made no sign of stopping. She took out her phone to see Kwangsoo had called her many times, she called back. 

 

-----Phone Call-----

Kwangsoo: Noona? You're finally answering your call! Where are you? WHy didn't you answer your home phone? Aren't you at home? Where did you go in this rain? Noona? Are you okay?

Jihyo: Kw... Kwangsoo-ah... I'm... stuck in... the rain... I'm near the Han Gang river... Can you come fetch me...?

Kwangsoo: What are you doing at the river? Alright, I'll come right away, wait for me noona. 

-----Phone Call-----

 

Kwangsoo immediatly rushed to his car and sped towards the Han Gang river. He spotted Jihyo crouching under the bridge, shivering in cold as the rain hit her sideways. He ran towards her and held his umbrella over her, he took off his jacket and draped it over her. He could feel her shaking so he tightened his arms around her to keep her warm, he quickly brought her to his car, the heater and took her home. He made some hot porridge and waited for her to come out from the bath. He prepared a dry set of clothes for her. When she came out from the bath, he helped her into the dining room and drapped a blanket over her, then slowly he fed her the porridge. She was still lightly shivering from the cold and began to sneeze. 

 

Kwangsoo: Noona, are you okay? Did you catch a cold...? Be careful... Don't get sick noona...

Jihyo: I'm fine... Thanks Kwangsoo-ah...

Kwangsoo: You seem really weak, go get some rest after you finish the food okay?

Jihyo: okay... but Kwangsoo-ah... Aren't you angry...? I promised you I'd stay home and not skip meals... I'm sorry... Why didn't you ask me why I went out...

Kwangsoo: Well... It's okay, I'm worried, but I'm not angry, don't worry. You must have your own reasons to go out... But next time, don't go out alone, especially in this weather... If it helps you feel better, then go out, but at least tell me so I can come with you... Okay...? Now, don't worry about it, as long as you're safe noona... 

Jihyo: Thanks... Nae kirin (my giraffe)... Thanks for understnading... and all the misunderstands before... I'm sorry... I really am... Please forgive me...

Kwangsoo: I was never mad at you noona, it's alright, now stop thinking and finish this up before it gets cold, okay? You look quite pale, so you should take a rest. 

Jihyo: Okay, but Kwangsoo-ah... Can you stay here tonight...? 

Kwangsoo: Sure, anything you want noona

 

Kwangsoo took Jihyo to her bed and lay her down comfortably. He sang to her to help her sleep better. He sat beside her bed, trying to stay awake in case Jihyo wakes up and needs anything. Soon, he fell asleep. 

Suddenly, he was woken up by Jihyo's in pain. She was sweating hard but was still asleep. Kwangsoo felt her forehead, it was burning hot, she was having a fever. Kwangsoo tried to carry his noona to take her to the hospital, but Jihyo refused. 

 

Kwangsoo: Noona, you're having a fever, you should go to a hospital!

Jihyo: No... no... Just stay here... Ahh... its so painful...

Kwangsoo: That's why you need to goto a hospital noona, let's go

Jihyo: No... the pain is not there... but here...

 

Jihyo spoke as she patted her heart, telling Kwangsoo how much she was hurting from the incident for the first time, she had a nightmare, recieving the horrible news over and over again. She was terrified but she couldn't run away and escape from the nightmore. Kwangsoo helped her wake up from her dream as Kwangsoo tried to carry her. 

 

Kwangsoo: Noona...

Jihyo: I don't want to go anywhere... I don't want to sleep and be haunted by the nightmore again... 

Kwangsoo: You need to sleep to get better noona... 

 

Kwangsoo went to take some ice and a towel, He dried her sweat and placed the ice soaked towel on her forehead. He then slid into her bed by her side, letting her lie on his shoulder. She huddled into him and hugged him. Hesitating, Kwangsoo finally returned the hug, He held her tightly to help her feel safe and secure. Soon Jihyo managed to calmly fall asleep in Kwangsoo's arms.