Paris

First Love

The streets were pitch black in the middle of the night. With a cap, sunglasses and a scarf around her neck, Jihyo stepped out of her house, pulling a small luggage behind her. She hailed a taxi and headed towards the Incheon Airport. She looked around making sure no one recognized her, then headed towards the counter for a plane ticket. As she departed from Korea, she sat at the corner to wait for her turn to board the plane. She took out her phone and typed out a long message, posting in on her SNS accounts. As she was about to board the plane, she turned her head back and stared at the empty airport. She could see from afar, there was a poster of Kwangsoo in a CF. Tears trickled down her cheeks as she mumbled quietly. 

 

Jihyo: Kwangsoo-ah... I'm sorry... I love you... Thank you...

 

With that, she turned back and boarded the plane. After a long trip on the plane, Jihyo finally arrived Paris. Her body ached from the long flight, she streched a bit and got off the plane. She looked around, but she saw no signs in Korean, all the signs were either in French or English. Dazed, she decided to just follow the crowd and headed towards the immigration. After claiming her baggages, she stepped into the arrival area, she scanned the surroundings of the busy city. She didn't know what to do next. She didn't plan the trip, and she did not know what she would do next either. After wandering around, she managed to buy a local sim card. She then texted her mother to tell her that she is safe and there is no need to worry about her, but making sure not to reveal to her mother where she actually was, knowing Kwangsoo will definitely try to find her. Cautiously, she pulled off her scarf and sunglasses, she was relieved that no one recognized her. She then scrolled down her contact list, stopping at a name, "Lee Jihye", she hesitated for a while, then dialed at last. 

 

-----Phone Call-----

Jihye: Hello...? Who is this?

Jihyo: Hello...? Jihae oppa?

Jihye: This voice... Sung Im? Why are you calling me? I heard about what happened in the news... Are you alright?

Jihyo: Ne... I'm okay oppa, I know this is sudden, we haven't met for many years... But by anychance are you still living in Paris?

Jihye: Yea I am, haven't left Paris since I came to study here, still working here, its been a long time sinces I've last been in Korea... But wait... This isn't your usual number, did you change your number?

Jihyo: No... This... I just bought this sim card... Oppa... About that... Do you know any place that is comfortable but not too expensive in Paris that I can sleep in for the night? I came to Paris, but I haven't got much Euro with me right now...

Jihye: What? You came to Paris? Why... I thought you wrote that you'll be going to your hometown? Why did you come to Paris?

Jihyo: That... It's complicated...

Jihye: Well, its okay, I understand, as for a place to sleep... When are you planning to go back? Is this like a short vacation?

Jihyo: I don't know either... I don't know when I will ever go back...

Jihye: What...? I see... Well, how about this, I assume you're still at the airport, right? Just stay there, I'll come pick you up, my place isn't that far away

Jihyo: Okay, thank you Jihye oppa, and can you please not tell anyone about me coming to Paris...?

Jihye: Alright, no problem, you know you can always trust me

Jihyo: Thanks so much...

-----Phone Call-----

 

Jihyo screamed in joy as she finally had the opportunity to meet an old friend she hasn't seen in years. For a moment, she tried to forget about everything in Korea, she admired the beautiful city and breathed in fresh air. She hasn't felt so relaxed for a long time, soon she fell asleep on Jihye' car. 

 

Jihye: Here it is, my house isn't that big, its just an apartment, but I live alone, and my guestroom is free at the moment, so you can stay there first until you decided what you're gonna do next

Jihyo: Thank you Jihye oppa, Paris is such a romantic city

Jihye: Sure it is, why else did you think I chose to stay here instead of return to Korea?

Jihyo: Oppa, I'm really sorry for troubling you like this... Hope I won't be a bother to you...

Jihye: Don't be silly, we're good friends! I'll always be here to support you or help you if you need me

Jihyo: Thanks...

Jihye: But... Care to explain what exactly happened that you did this all of a sudden? I thought your career was going well and you were dating Kwangsoo as well?

 

The two friends had a long chat on the sofa as Jihyo told Jihye all her worries and feelings, breaking into tears as she poured her heart out. Jihyo was finally able to release all the emotions she had hidden to herself, she missed Kwangsoo a lot, she almost wished Kwangsoo could be beside her right now, but she believed that she has made the right choice, as this is the only way for Kwangsoo to not get dragged into her mess. That night, she hugged her pillow tight and gently spoke to herself. 

 

Jihyo: Kwangsoo-ah... Nae kirin... What are you doing right now...? It should be morning in Korea... Did you have breakfast yet...? Don't worry about me and don't try to find me either... Just concentrate on your work and do well... okay? Please... You have to stay strong and live on without me... I know you can do it...

 

Soon, Jihyo fell asleep with the pillow tightly in her arms.