Shocking News

First Love

The next day, Kwangsoo arrived early at the set of Running Man, hoping he could speak to Jihyo before filming starts. He rushed over as soon as he saw Jihyo alight from her car. 

 

Kwangsoo: Noona... Why didn't you answer my calls last night, I was so worried... Are you okay...? Look how swollen your eyes are... You cried last night...?

Jihyo: I'm fine...

Kwangsoo: Jihyo noona...

Jihyo: Kwangsoo-ah, for filming today... Don't act so close to me... Just avoid interacting with me if you can, that way less fans will pull you into this...

Kwangsoo: Noona, please don't do this... 

Jihyo: Kwangsoo-ah, just listen to your noona okay? This is the only way I'll be able to do the filming with a smile on my face

Kwangsoo: *sigh* okay...

 

Throughtout the hours of filming, Kwangsoo and Jihyo did not speak to each other on screen nor off screen. The Running Man members felt a weird atmosphere between the two, but didn't want to interfere between their complicated matters until filming was over. That night, Jaesuk suggested to all go out for dinner, but Jihyo quickly refused, saying she was tired, while Kwangsoo just stayed silent. Just then, Jihyo recieved a message from her manager saying she couldn't come pick her up, telling her to get a ride home from Kwangsoo. Jihyo stared at the message, not knowing what to do. 

 

Jong Kook: What's the matter? Why are you staring at your phone like that?

Jihyo: It... Its nothing... Just that my manager can't come to pick me up, can one of you guys give me a lift home?

 

Everyone stayed silent as their eyes dashed towards Kwangsoo, he was the one who would normally drive Jihyo home when her manager couldn't come. Kwangsoo, quickly broke the awkward silence. 

 

Kwangsoo: I didn't drive here today as well, Jong Kook hyung, can you drive me home on your way?

Jong Kook: Huh...? Okay... I'm driving Donghoon home too, Donghoon-ah, do you mind?

HaHa: Of course not...

Kwangsoo: Thanks hyung, let's go

Jaesuk: Then Jihyo-ah, I'm gonna take Gary and Sukjin hyung home, want me to give you a lift as well?

Jihyo: Yes please oppa... Thanks

 

As they headed home, HaHa and Gary continuously texted each other, suggesting that they should attempt speaking to the two to see what was going on.

 

Gary: Mongji-ah

Jihyo: Ne...? Oppa... What's the matter?

Gary: It's nothing... Are you okay? You seemed really tired and quiet today...

Jihyo: I'm alright oppa...

Sukjin: Are you sure? Donghoon called you fat today and you didn't even get angry or beat him up during filming, somethings definitely wrong, why are you hiding it from us?

Jaesuk: Miss Mong! You know you can trust us right? Just speak your mind, did something happen with Kwangsoo...? You didn't speak to him all day

Jihyo: Oppa... I... I don't know what I should do... What am I supposed to do...?

 

Jaesuk at last decided to pull over at Gary's resturant for a drink, Jongkook and HaHa joined Jaesuk, Gary, Sukjin and Jihyo at the resutant after taking Kwangsoo home. Jihyo told them what happened the night before, leaving the members speechless. 

 

Jihyo: I don't wanna let Kwangsoo go...but I know eomeonim's words are true, she's right, its really selfish of me to drag him down when he's comepletely innocent...

Jong Kook: But both you and Kwangsoo will be hurt badly, you know that

Sukjin: We can tell how much you love each other, its normal that Kwangsoo's mother would want to protect him, but are you sure this is what Kwangsoo would want?

Jihyo: I don't know, I can't even tell what is right and what is wrong anymore... Either way, I'll regret the decision...

Gary: If I was Kwangsoo, I'd rather you stay and just regret it with him... I know he'll be really really upset if you decide to leave him...

Jihyo: But it's not that simple, even if he doesn't care, I still have his family, his parents, his fans to think for, because they'll get hurt too...

HaHa: Why don't you discuss this with him? I mean, this isn't a decidion that you can make on your own...

Jihyo: I already know what he will say, he loves me too much... enough to sacrifice himself for me... but I can't let him do that... 

Jaesuk: Ultimately, its your decision Jihyo-ah, I understand how hard it must be for you... And we will respect you for your decision no matter what your final choice is... Just follow your heart, and we will support you all the way...

Jihyo: Thanks oppa...

 

After they got home, Jihyo sat on her bed with contradicting thoughts going on in her head. Late at night, she called Kwangsoo, who was drunk from soju. 

 

-----Phone Call-----

Jihyo: Kwangsoo-ah...

Kwangsoo: Oh...? Noona... It's noona...

Jihyo: Kwangsoo... Yes its me... Listen... What ever you see tomorrow, what ever you hear tomorrow... Don't believe them... In fact, don't read any news articles or reports tomorrow... Just remember that I only loved you, I love you, and I will love you forever, I hope you can understand my decision, because I love you, I decided to do what I will do... Stay strong... and never lose that adorable smile of yours... Kwangsoo... Nae kirin... Goodbye...

-----Phone Call-----

 

The next morning, reporters were found at the door of the Running Man members' houses. All members were confused to what had happened, until they the television to find the news of Jihyo's shocking statement she had posted on her SNS accounts last night:

 

Hello everyone, this is Song Jihyo. I am very thankful to my fans who had always shown support to all my movies, dramas and my character on Running Man. I am also sorry to have upseted you all with the recent criticisms I have been recieving. I understand this is a very sudden decision, and I am deeply sorry to those I love and those who love me, but I will be dropping out from all the projects that I am currently working on, and put a halt on all my activities, including Running Man. I shall return to my hometown and spend some time with my family until I feel I am ready to return. Once again, I apologize for hurting those who I love, I will continue to love you, so I hope you will keep on loving me too. Thank you.