Hidden Camera Prank

First Love

It was a fresh and sunny morning where the Running Man members have gathered to film for a Running Man episode. They were told the guest would be a rookie female actor, so they prepared to flood her with compliments to welcome her as usual when they have female guests. The PD introduced the actress to them as none of them knew her. 

 

PD: This is the guest for today, she is a rookie to the industry, please take care of her, she is Hwacheong

Hwacheong: Hi

HaHa: Woahh so pretty~~

Jae Suk: Nice to meet you Hwacheong-ssi

Suk Jin: Ya Gary, she is totally your type

Gary: Eii hyung, what are you talking about

Kwangsoo: But today is Monday!! What about Jihyo noona?

Gary: Monday? What's so special about Monday? Who is Jihyo?

 

The cast bursted into laughter. Kwangsoo and Jihyo had explained about their relationship to the PDs and Running Man staffs, but they had also agreed for the Monday Couple jokes to go on in the show. Jihyo was worried if Kwangsoo might get jealous, but Kwangsoo understood it was simply for the show and fans. With the Running Man members understanding their relationship, they are all able to naturally and comfortably interact like they always had. 

 

PD: Okay we will now announce the groupings

Jong Kook: One side is heaven and one side is hell XD

Suk Jin: As long as its not Jihyo haha

PD: Jihyo, Jae Suk, Kwangsoo, Suk Jin in one team and Hwacheong , Gary, HaHa, Jong Kook in the other team

Jae Suk: Aiii... Miss Mong again...

Gary: Woohoo

HaHa: Hwacheong! Hwacheong! Hwacheong! Hwacheong!

PD: Please head to the next mission location straight away

 

At the next mission, it turns out they would have to go on a one on one name tag ripping battle in a mudflat. The first representatives were Suk Jin and HaHa, the battle of the weakest, and it was no surprise that after a long battle, HaHa had won. The Running Man members laughed at the sight of Suk Jin holding his nametag with a bitter smile, they all simultaneously shouted "Race Start!" Next to face the misterious HaHa was Kwangsoo, as expected they rolled all over the mudflat that their faces could barely be seen, putting on a hillarious show for the viewers. Kwangsoo had won in this battle and Jong Kook was up next, the giraffe desparately tired to win but with SpartaKooks as the opponent, no doubt the tiger had won easily. Jae Suk was up next to fight the tiger. The eternal rivals' fight ended up being Jae Suk's humilation as expected, bringing laughter to the scene. Only left with Jihyo on the team, the ace bravely stepped up to fight the tiger and won after an intense battle, using her Bad Jihyo tricks to pull his hair and poke him. Next was Jihyo vs. Gary, Gary who suddenly snapped back to the Monday Couple had pulled Jihyo into a hug instead of attacking her nametag, everyone laughed at the familiar scene years ago on the TruGary show episode. When Gary pulled Jihyo into another hug after some fighting, Jihyo took the chance and took off Gary's nametag, leaving Gary feeling betrayed and upset for the show's effect. Jae Suk cheered for Miss Mong as each team was down to only one member remaining. 

MongJi vs. Hwacheong, the girls battle had begun. The ace as usual of course skillfully escapes from the guest's attacks while trying to protect the guest. Hwacheong however, only tried to attack Jihyo mercilessly, leaving the Running Man cast members in shock. While Jihyo was trying to "carelessly" let the guest win, Hwacheong was going all out to win, even pulling her hair and dumping her into the mudflat. The Running Man members were panicking in silence, they never expected a young female guest to dare treat their ace like this. Even though they always say Jihyo is as strong as a man, they always just put on a show and make sure Jihyo doesn't get hurt in the games. They'd pretend to put on an intense fight while making sure their sole female cast could handle it. Jihyo was also surprised by the guest's wildness given her status in the industry, as this was no way for a rookie to treat her sunbae. Seeing Hwacheong's strong deisre to win, Jihyo could only helplessly let her nametag be pulled off by the guest to escape from this battle. 

As soon as the battle was over, the Running Man members all rushed towards Jihyo checking on her to make sure she was okay. They all offered her water and helper her to wash off the mud, leaving Hwacheong unpampered. Kwangsoo who couldn't hold it in seeing his noona being mistreated scolds Hwacheong in a joking manner. 

 

Kwangsoo: Ya, how could you do that to my noona?

Jihyo: It's okay guys, I'm fine, thanks

Jae Suk: Ya Miss Mong, how could that happen, is our ace getting old?

 

Jihyo cooly brushes the incident off as she doesn't want the guest's image to be damages, she laughs it off and jokes about it to ensure the Running Man members that she is alright. With Hwacheong's team in the lead, they headed off to the next misson location. 

 

PD: In this misson, you will be fighting to stay dry. Instead of floating on the water as usual, as you can see, this time you will be on this tall and hard platform with water underneath. The water is deep enough for you to safely fall in from this height, but for safety measures you will need to do this with life jackets on. 

 

As Hwacheong reaches out to take her life jacket, she accidentally hits Jihyo on with her arm hardly. Jihyo stepped back to let the PD to continue explaining the rules while trying to soothe her pain. Kwangsoo swiftly walked over to comfort his noona and help her ease the pain. 

 

Kwangsoo: Noona, are you okay? It seemed like she hit you quite hard...

Jihyo: Uh I'm okay, don't worry

Kwangsoo: How could she treat my baby like this? She's just a rookie and she isn't showing you any respect, she didn't even apologize for hitting you

Jihyo: Kwangsoo-ah, just let it go, didn't I say I'm fine? It's just an accident, so lets not amplify things okay?

Kwangsoo: Okay noona... But if she hurts you again, I'm not gonna forgive her

Jihyo: Don't worry nae kirin, I'm strong, I'm the ace remember? I'll take care of myself

Kwangsoo: Alright noona, lets head back over there

 

Kwangsoo held Jihyo as they made their way back to the platform for the game. Hearing the PD's command of pushing off their opponents to win the game, Hwacheong pushed Jihyo who was the closest to her at hte moment right down the platform without thinking. Everyone was shocked at her actions. 

 

Kwangsoo: Noona!! Jihyo noona!! Are you okay?? Noona!! Ya Hwacheong, you, are you insane?? 

 

Jihyo who fell into the water was struggling as she had not put on her life jacket yet, and due to her previously hurt throat, it had caused her to choke in the water. Kwangsoo who saw his noona struggling, immediately jumped into the water to save his girlfriend. Slowly and steadily, he pulled Jihyo up onto the shore without hurting her. He sat her down onto his lap as he was sitting on the floor, he hugged Jihyo with her lying on his chest and his arms wrapped around her. They rested while the game was on halt. 

 

Jae Suk: Hwacheong-ssi, how could you do that?

Hwacheong: Oppa, why? Didn't the PD say the game is to push the other team off?

Jae Suk: But the game hasn't even started yet, how could you just push her off without waring, after you've just hit her in the throat?

Hwacheong: But she seemed fine, so I just assumed it was alright, it was just an accident, the show must go on right?

Jong Kook: That is still not right Hwacheong-ssi... What if she got hurt? She hasn't even put on her life jacket yet...

Hwacheong: Well she knows how to swim right? So its fine, I was just doing it for fun, that's what you guys always do anyways

Suk Jin: Hwacheong-ssi, what we do is different,  we can do what we do because we are close to each other like a family, we know when we can do it and when not to go too far. What you just did was unacceptable, that was no way for a hoobae to treat a sunbae

HaHa: Even if you want to win, you had gone too far, we say we treat Jihyo like a man but we never do so, we make fun of her all the time but we never mean what we say, it might seem that we don't care about her, but honestly, we care about her more than any other guest, be it a pretty female guest or a male guest, we can't tolerate someone mistreating our Jihyo like this

Gary: Guys, let's go check on MongJi for now

 

The Running Man members went over to Kwangsoo and Jihyo, leaving Hwacheong alone, sulking for the members scolding her. After making sure Jihyo is fine, they walked over back to the filming area while supporting Jihyo. Kwangsoo kept his arm over Jihyo to protect her incase anything happens. Kwangsoo took a towel from the staff and wrapped it over Jihyo after seeing her white shirt becoming rather see through after being soaked in the water. 

 

Hwacheong: What is there to cover up, she's a anyways, it's not like no one has seen her after that movie

 

Everyone gaped in awe as they heard what Hwacheong had just muttered out loud. Jihyo turned away to hide how much she was hurt from that comment. The Running Man members who could no longer tolerate this exploded out loud. 

 

Kwangsoo: THATS ENOUGH!! RYU HWACHEONG YOU SHUT UP! GET OUT OF MY FACE, WHO ARE YOU TO CRITICIZE NOONA WHEN YOU'RE JUST A ROOKIE! WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS INDUSTRY?? YOU DON'T FIT TO BE AN ACTRESS WHEN YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO APPRECIEATE THE MOVIE AS A WORK OF ART!! YOU APOLOGIZE TO JIHYO NOONA, RIGHT NOW!

Jae Suk: Kwangsoo... Calm down... Hwacheong-ssi, please take back your words and apologize to Jihyo, that rude comment was unacceptable

HaHa: Who are you to speak to Jihyo like that, if you hate her that much why did you even come??

Jong Kook: Don't you know how hurtful that was? Don't you have any manners?

Suk Jin: Even if you're a guest, wrong is wrong, we can never overlook this, I don't think this atmosphere is good to continue filming as well. 

Gary: Why should we respect someone who doesn't know how to respect us? I'm not gonna continue filming with her

HaHa: Me neither, postpone filming, we can just do all the games again with another guest

PD: I understand why you may feel this way, but this should be aired on this Sunday, it might be too rush to find another guest...

Jong Kook: I don't care, we cannot continue filming like this, Jihyo isn't in the condition to film either

Suk Jin: If another guest cannot be found then just air it as it is!! Why would we care about damaging the guest's reputation if she doesn't care

Kwangsoo: That's right, just air it as it is, so everyone can know what sort of a person she is...

PD: Are you sure? Look over there

 

Jihyo and Hwacheong was hugging each other at the side, Jihyo seemed perfectly fine and smiling. The Running Man members could not understand what was going on, and neither did they notice that the cameras were still rolling all along. 

 

Jihyo: Hidden Camera Prank Success!!!!

Running Man members: What...?

Jihyo: Guys, I'm so touched and thankful to you guys stepping up for me, I'm sorry to worry you guys so much, but the truth is, Hwacheong isn't actually an actress, but a friend of mine. Everything that happened today was planned out by me and the PDs hehe, please don't be mad at me

Kwangsoo: Wait... So it was all an act...?

Jihyo: Yup... Sorryyyyy

PD: This hidden camera prank was to test how you really feel about Jihyo given how you always make fun of Jihyo, some fans are unhappy about it, so we made this prank to show how much you actually care for Jihyo, the material may be a little overboard but we had gotten Jihyo's consent for it. So far your reactions are gonna make a great episode. 

Jihyo: Kwangsoo-ah, don't be agry please...? It's just for the show...

 

Jihyo's pouting melted the giraffe's heart, Kwangsoo pulled Jihyo into a tight hug, relieved that she is not hurt. 

 

Kwangsoo: As long as you're fine my angel... Just promise me you won't get yourself hurt noona...

 

Seeing Kwangsoo hugging Jihyo, the Running Man members all finally let out their breath and sighed in relief of their ace being alright. They ran over for a group hug surrounding the couple, showing on camera for the first time, entirely their true family like closeness.