Will You Marry Me?

First Love

One afternoon, Kwangsoo paced around his living room, walking in circles, silent and deep in thought. He then called Jong Kook.

 

*Phone Call*

Kwangsoo: Hyung! I need you help!

Jong Kook: What is it Kwangsoo-ah? I'm in the middle of rehersal with Donghoon for the concert

Kwangsoo: When will your rehersal end? Are you free afterwards?

Jong Kook: Its gonna end at 4, meet you afterwards?

Kwangsoo: Okay, thanks hyung! Can Donghoon hyung come too?

Jong Kook: Yea he says he's free

Kwangsoo: Great, see you guys later

Jong Kook: Bye

*Phone Call*

 

Kwangsoo continued to pace around his living room for hours, then finally headed out to meet Jong Kook and HaHa. 

 

Kwangsoo: Hello Jong Kook hyung, Donghoon hyung

Jong Kook: Hey Kwangsoo! So whats up?

HaHa: Whats do you look so nervous Kwangsoo-ah

 

Kwangsoo's face turns red as he whispered in their ears.

 

HaHa: WHAT?? REALLY?? You're gonna ask Jihyo to marry you??

Jong Kook: Wow Kwangsoo~ You're blushing so hardddd

Kwangsoo: Eii hyung... Help me out here...

Jong Kook: I can't believe it, my dongsaeng is gonna get married before me

HaHa: So how are you gonna do the proposal?

Kwangsoo: I dont know too... But now can you guys help me pick out a ring first...? I've never done these things before...

HaHa: Don't worry, hyung is here, I'll tell you all you need to know about proposing XD

Jong Kook: Why did you look for me then?? I know nothing about these things...

Kwangsoo: But hyung you're the romantic one, I need ideas... I have no clue how I'm gonna propose...

 

The three men headed towards the jewelry shop. Kwangsoo's eyes scanned all over the place hoping to find the perfect ring. Jong Kook and HaHa stood from behind staring at Kwangsoo, they giggled like kids as they were still surprised at Kwangsoo's sudden announcement. Suddenly Kwangsoo turned around and kneeled down on one knee with a ring in his hand staring at his hyungs. 

 

Kwangsoo: What do you think about this one? Do you think Jihyo will like it...?

HaHa: You scared us ㅋㅋㅋ 

Kwangsoo: So what do you think about the ring??

Jong Kook: Shouldn't you get a gold one instead of a diamond ring? She's Gold Jihyo afterall ㅋㅋㅋ

HaHa: All girls love dia too tho

Kwangsoo: Aishhh I don't knowwww... Help me out, theres so much to choose from here, they all look the same to me!!

Jong Kook: They're all very different for girls tho!! Choose wisely Kwangsoo-ah, the ring can change her answer~

Kwangsoo: Ahh hyung!! Stop giving me even more pressure!!!

 

Jong Kook and HaHa laughed at the sweating giraffe, they haven't seen Kwangsoo this stressed in a long while.

 

Kwangsoo: OHHHH HYUNG!! THIS ONE, COME CHECK OUT THIS ONE, THIS IS THE ONE!!

Jong Kook: Really? You already found it?

HaHa: Lemme see lemme see!!

 

In Kwangsoo's hand is a beautiful ring made of rose gold with a series of diamonds forming a heart on it. It was simple, yet exquisite, it was perfect. The three men's eyes glistened at the sight of it, Kwangsoo knew immediately, he found the perfect ring, the ring he will propose to Jihyo with, the ring Jihyo will say yes to, the ring that symbolizes all his love for her, the ring that will give them their happily ever after.

Kwangsoo bought the ring, and went with Jong Kook and Haha to share the news with Jae Suk and Sukjin. Kwangsoo showed them the ring and they went speechless at once. 

 

Sukjin: Jihyo is a lucky girl...

Jae Suk: Congratulations Kwangsoo-ah, its about right, time for you two lovebirds to tie the knot after all you've been through

Sukjin: That's right, you guys aren't getting any younger

Jae Suk: Now that Gary left, Monday Couple is no longer active, it's finally your turn Kwangsoo-ah, make Jihyo happy

Kwangsoo: But I'm stuck, I don't know how I should propose to Jihyo noona...

Jae Suk: It's up to you~ You know her the best

Jong Kook: I've never seen this kid THIS nervous before ㅋㅋㅋ

HaHa: GIve him some ideas hyung, I think he's gonna breakdown soon XD

Sukjin: I'm sure he's been thinking about it alllllll day already this fool 

 

After a long night of discussion, they finally came up with a plan to surprise Jihyo with the proposal. 

The next day, after the members wrapped up filming for the week, they brought Jihyo to a resturant, pretending as if it is just their usual gatherings. They entered the room they booked, what Jihyo didn't know was they also booked the room next to the one they are in. The members made Jihyo take their orders to the resturant staff outside the room. Jihyo was surprised when the staff gave her a Running Man mission card in return.

 

Jihyo: What's this?? We're not done filming yet? Mission Card? But there isnt even a camera here... is this a hidden camera prank?

 

The mission card read "Please enter room B and tear off the nametag of the person inside."

 

Jihyo: Nametag??

 

Confused, she opened the door and went into the room next to the one the members were in. The room was brightly lit, and inside was Gary standing there with his nametag on his back. Shocked and happy to see Gary, she rushed up and gave him a hug, and of course along with the hug, her natural instincts brought her to tear of his nametag before she knew it. 

 

Jihyo: Kang Gary...? Oppa!! What are you doing here? 

 

Still not knowing what is going on, she tried to ask Gary whats going on while he stayed silent with a wide grin on his face. Just then, she noticed something strange, behind Gary's nametag she just tore off was a smaller nametag saying "Lee Kwangsoo", she tore that off as well and flipped it over to see the words "Will You Marry Me?". Just as she saw the words, the lights turned into a dim and warm light, behind Gary, the curtains fell, revealing Kwangsoo with a bouquet of flowers and a microphone in his hands. Gary joined the remaining Running Man members who were watching from the side as Jihyo approached Kwangsoo, who began to sing Bruno Mars' "Marry You" with the biggest smile on his face. Jihyo's espression froze as she was still very surprised by this sudden event. Kwangsoo broke her "mong" expression and made her burst out laughing as he struggled to reach the high notes as usual. As the song approached its ending, he handed her the bouquet of flowers, held her other hand and slowly kneeled down on one knee. The members who were watching on the side were just as nervous as Kwangsoo. With his other hand, Kwangsoo took out the ring box and presented the ring to Jihyo, he spoke in a low and romantic voice.

 

Kwangsoo: Jihyo noona, we've been through many ups and downs during the times we shared together, but no matter how hard life has been, I still loved every single moment of it, because you were in my life. With you by my side, I feel brave enough to do anything, and I promise I will do everything to protect you, the woman who brought colour to my life. I love you more than anything in the whole world. So Jihyo-ah, Song Jihyo... no, Cheon Sung Im... WIll you marry me...?

 

The members squealed and cringed at the sight of this super sweet moment. Everyone fell silent as they waited for Jihyo's answer. Jihyo began to grow teary and let out a tiny smile, she grabbed Kwangsoo's arm to help him stand up, took the ring from the ring box, gave it to Kwangsoo, and held out her hand for him to slip it onto her finger. 

 

Jihyo: Yes, yes I will, I love you too Nae Kirin (My Giraffe)~

 

As soon as the ring fitted onto her finger, the members set off the confetti bomb, causing confetti to fall around the newly engaged couple. Jihyo stood on the tip of her toes and kissed Kwangsoo with her arms around his neck. Kwangsoo also wrapped his arms around her wasit. The Running Man members cheered loudly and circled the couple congratulating them. They also had it on camera as they filmed the whole thing on their phones, they weren't going to miss this oppurtunity to tease the two.

 

Jihyo: I was so surprised, how did you guys plan this whole thing...??

Jong Kook: This guy was so nervous the entire day, it was all he could think about!

Kwangsoo: It's true, I wasn't concentrated at all when filming today XD

Jihyo: So this is why you came Gary oppa?

Gary: Of course!! There's no way I'd miss seeing this proposal

Sukjin: You must be really happy Jihyo-ah

Jae Suk: Congratulations to you two lovebrids~ Take good care of Jihyo!! Jihyo-ah, if this kid doesn't treat you well just tell me and I'll teach him a lesson!!

Kwangsoo: Eii hyung!! What do you mean give me a lesson?? Of course I'll take good care of her...

 

The moment was so magical and romantic, it was the most beautiful scene they have ever seen. Jae Suk and Sukjin smiled like proud fathers while Jong Kook got teary eyed. Gary and HaHa also admired the two as they felt the overwhelming amount of love present in the room. Kwangsoo and Jihyo gazed lovingly into each others eyes. Tonight, they felt like they were the happiest couple there ever was in the whole world.