2009 April 18 (Spring) 3

First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She kissed me, something I didn't expect to happen, under the circumstances we just encountered. Her soft lips, wet with the rain, tasted like salt-water, mixed with both our tears. I felt the warmth inside her, her happiness affecting me. It's like water in the desert. I needed it, to live through this moment.

Jaehee was the one who let go first. Maybe she was finding it hard to breathe already. I noticed that the tremors within me also stopped, eyes still closed  to feel the rain. I opened them and looked at Jaehee, not feeling any awkwardness and just stared at her. She still looked beautiful despite being drenched in the rain. Realizing that she is indeed cold and wet because of the rain, I briefly gave her a tight hug and kiss her on the forehead before saying, "Let's get you home."

"Okay."

We were both cold, the sea breeze helping us freeze to death. Good thing the dock is just a few minutes away from Jaehee's house. I piggybacked her, and she liked it, it says on her face, though she declined it at first. It was still raining, but not as hard as a few moments ago. It was a soft rain, as Jaehee described it, a harmless one. One that would get you to go out your house and be touched by it. We were exactly at the corner of her house when she said, "My mom's totally gonna freak out."

And she totally did. Jaehee's mother, whose been waiting outside their house for her, with a huge umbrella carried by some guy that I haven't met before. Miss Seo Miyoung frantically headed towards where we were carrying blankets for Jaehee, her cires of worry echoed throughout the street.

"JAEHEE YA!! How... How can you be that careless?" I let Jaehee down my back and her mother instinctively held her for an embrace. Aigoo... my poor child... what happened?"

"Mom, I'm fine... seriously..."

"FINE?" Now she's mad. "It's late and it's raining! And here you are looking drugged and dirty... this is not fine!" Then she looked at me for the first time, "Young man, what happened? You look like..." she had a glimpse of my wounded lip "YOU WERE INTO A FIGHT?!" she took turns in looking at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter