2009 May 02 (Spring) 1

First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I arrived back at home early in the morning, even before my father woke up. Joowon's worried face last night was replaced with a happy one, maybe because he won't be interrogated by my father anymore. I had an early breakfast because I decided that eating with my father will only end up with a heated conversation, again. I was already ready to leave when he went downstairs to have breakfast. Hyejoo came down a few minutes after my father. She looked girly on her dark blue dress full of flowers, which reminded me that today marks the celebration of our Spring Festival at school. She greeted me with a smile.

"Oppa, are you okay?"

I nodded at her, and she joined my father at the dining table.

I had no other choice but to go to school with them together. Apparantly my little rebellious stunt last night didn't go unnoticed, and my father hasn't reprimanded me yet, maybe because today is a joyous celebration for him. Mister Kang excluded himself into going to school with us because I think he doesn't want to feel the awkward torture inside the car. Well, the three of us never spoke a word and just enjoyed the silence.

We arrived at the school, and as expected, my father was given a warm welcome. My classmates, after knowing who my father was, gave me a shy smile.I was just a classmate to them before, but now I'm the son of the owner of the school. I haven't seen Jaehee or Joowon yet, I'm still stuck with my father as of the moment. When I was about to excuse myself, Hyejoo went hurriedly to my father.

"Uncle, can Suho oppa tour me around the school?" she asked my father with pleading eyes.

Father just laughed. One of his fake laughs I must say. This is his laugh that tells other people that he's not at all scary. He turned to me, while gesturing Hyejoo to go to me, "Go ahead son, have a date behind your father's back." He laughed again while Hyejoo blushed. Surely that was unnecessary, since everyone here in school already knew Seo Jaehee is my girlfriend. I just agreed, so that I could leave my father.

"So.." Hyejoo looked around as we walked, her one arm wrapped around mine, "This is Lee Suho's new school. I like it here."

"What's not to like? People here mind their own business, and most importantly, I don't get to see my father everyday," Hyejoo laughed.

"Are you sure that's the most important reason? I saw a girl yesterday..." she teased. "The girl with the butler's son."

"Park Joowon, Hyejoo ya. The guy has a name you know." Why did I suddenly care about how other people see Park Joowon?

"Right, sorry." We arrived at the canteen, it's been a while since I've been here, and we decided to sit down. I bought Hyejoo her favorite strawberry yogurt drink, and as I paid, I remembered the debt I owed to Miss Seo last night. I smiled at the memory, and headed back to Hyejoo. I must pay h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter