2009 May 03 (Spring) 2

First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"The last time I saw my dad was when I was twelve. He worked in a shipping company before, so he travels a lot. The three of us never stayed in one house, but he never totally abandoned me. He used to take me to school and go out to eat when he had a time, the problem was, he was only interested in me. I know I came to life just because of an accident but at least he should've... they never treated me like one, but he's always uncomfortable whenever mom's around.

"Every year, on my birthday, he gives me a teddy bear and a letter, always saying that he's sorry for not being there for me. We were living at Seoul that time, and after he quit his job he stayed here in Cheonsangdo. He told me than when I turn twelve, he will come to Seoul to live with me. I presumed that he meant that he'll live with us, so I became really excited. On the day of my 12th birthday, he called at our house and spoke to me, 'Jaehee ya... Jaehee ya, you want to live with daddy right?' I said I couldn't be happier but then, he said 'Ahjumma will be able to join us by then, you'll love her Jaehee ya.. Seo Jaehee, the daughter of Jaeyeol and Heejin.'

I was confused at first. It was later when I realized that he... he named me after him and his... woman. Mother never knew, she was completely clueless, and because I didn't want her to get hurt, I decided to not tell her."

Heejin? What a coincidence. "Your father was away because he had someone else? You mean he never loved Miss Seo?"

"When he came to take me, I hid in my room. I could hear them fighting outside. I didn't want to leave my mom, even more when I found out dad never loved her. When he yelled at her, saying 'You're the only mistake I committed!', I got so mad that I went outside the room and yelled at him to just leave. He looked apologetic and was reluctant to leave, but still he did. I suddenly felt dizzy and fainted. Mom took me to the hospital straight away and that's when we found out I had HCM.

"We never saw him since then, nor heard of him. After what father did, I still know that he loved me, so I waited for him to return or give us a call. I stayed mostly in our house, if I wasn't in the hospital for my checkups. Taewoo oppa's family lives just across our house, that's why we became friends. His mother's the director in the hospital I go to. They helped us a lot. Still, I wanted to see my father, a child's dream, so we moved here, just in case, he returns here instead."

So that's why she doesn't want to go back to Seoul. "Do you know where he is now?"

Seo Jaehee got teary-eyed and nodded, "Mom received a call yesterday, from a police station in Seoul. Dad.. dad was a convicted murderer, and that's why we lost contact, he was on the loose for five years. He kidnapped and murdered an officer's wife. I...," her lips started trembling, "I don't even know why... why he did that."

Jaehee started crying. I had to sit up to try and comfort her but she just won't stop crying.

 "He could've... he could've just stayed with her woman! That was his plan! Why did he... decide to commit a crime instead?"

I continued consoling her, until her cries became soft sobs, and the tears stopped falling from her eyes. I looked at her, with a soft smile on my face and instantly asked, "Do you want to go for a swim?"

She was surprised with the turn of events, but she knew I suggested it to cheer her up.

"So eager to show your abs already Lee Suho?" she tried to joke, then she used the towel to wipe her wet eyes and runny nose and stood up, "Let's go."

We came running into the sea, the temperature wasn't that cold so we didn't care about our wet clothes. To tease Jaehee, I decided to take off my shirt while she sank under the water, soaking her hair. She drank too much sea water and choke herself when she finally had a look at me, sans my shirt. She was pleased and i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter