2009 May 02 (Spring) 3

First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mister Kang doesn't need to get drunk to entertain us all. Give him the microphone and he'll serenade you all night, of course, he has to share the karaoke machine with Park Joowon. Everyone was busy talking to each other, refilling their glasses with alcohol, even Jaehee's dancing along the music, while here I am busying myself with Miss Seo rice wrap with Hyejoo.

"Suho oppa..." she said as she took another bite of the famous wrap, "This food... I need this in Seoul..." she munched again.

Before I replied I saw Jaehee coming towards us, carrying drinks.

"I thought rich girls like you don't eat these kind of food," Jaehee joined us and sat beside me, pouring the soju she carried at my glass, and offered it to Hyejoo. "Bottoms up, Hyejoo ssi.."

Hyejoo accepted the glass and drank its contents. One shot. She earned an applause from my classmates. "Ahhh.. And let's cut the formalities... Jaehee unni." She gave my glass back to Jaehee.

"Okay, Hyejoo ya," she poured another soju on my glass, and this time it's for her. "So... tell me about your story with Lee Suho."

Hyejoo looked directly at me and gave me a smug look, "I'm surprised you haven't told her," then she looked at Jaehee, "You see, Suho oppa and I were raised together after his mom died. Both our fathers couldn't take care of us, public officials you see. Actually Suho oppa looked after himself. I mean... I wasn't able to even get near him for a year, even if I wanted to."

"A year?" Jaehee was shocked. Hyejoo nodded.

"It's because I hate talking to anyone remember?" It's like they're gossiping about me at my face instead of doing it behind my back.

"How did you become close then?"

"He saved me..." Hyejoo quickly replied. "I was playing at our treehouse that time, when it suddenly rained hard, ruining my dress. I tried to go back to the house when I slipped on the ladder, breaking my leg. I cried as hard as I could."

"I saw her and helped her." I tried to cut the story short.

"Actually he was looking at me through the glass window all day long. When it started to rain I was him looking like he's in pain. I hadn't realized back then that it was because of the rain that he reacted like that. One minute I was alone crying over my drenched dress and my broke leg, then I saw Suho oppa, crying and running towards me, lifting me up on his shoulders then hurriedly headed back home," Hyejoo paused for a while to have a bite with the rice wrap, while chewing she added, "I was about to thank him when he collapsed by the door. He woke up next morning at the hospital, looking for me while saying 'She can't survive the rain' 'No one survives the rain', something like that. That's when I figured out he hated the rain, a lot. He nearly cried when he saw me, and from then on, he sort of took care of me."

"So you're not just her friend..."

"She's more like my little sister Jaehee ya," I don't know where this is going, but i saw Jaehee's face fell.

"Sad truth," Hyejoo sighed. I tried to protest when she cut me off, "Kidding... I have to go to the restroom," she got up and left our table.

"Well," Jaehee got up as well, "I have to start cleaning up."

Almost all our classmates already left when Joowon and I joined Jaehee in clea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter