2014 September 23 (Fall) 1

First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Lee household was huge, and if this day was just like any other day, I’d be teasing Suho about it. They had a huge lawn, enough to accommodate a huge party, which I think they are able to host. Their house was not that big, but who needs a bigger house when you live there all alone. Suho prefers to stay in his studio here in Seoul rather than here with his father. Maybe he still finds it confining even after he lost all his memories.

Last night I agreed to meet with Suho’s father, whatever reason there is. I literally had no idea what we were going to talk about today. Maybe to discuss about Suho memories, or the issue about my dad and Suho’s mom, who knows? If there was anyone who could understand my problems right now, surprisingly it would be Mister Lee. Like me, he chose to hide things rather than to face his issues. Both of us preferred to believe the lies than seeking the truth.

Me and Suho weren’t on the chatty mood while we were travelling towards here. I know that it bothers him a lot right now, and that maybe he was too reluctant to ask about what I feel, but at least he’s never left my side. I involuntarily placed my right hand in his while walking, and it startled him at first. At least by that gesture I can tell him that I was thankful for him and for everything he’s done, that even after all the things we’ve been through, we still had each other.

His smile returned, and it brightened my day a bit, “Don’t worry, he won’t be hard on you Jaehee ya… I’ll be there when that happens.”

I returned his smile with a weak one and then we went inside the house. There was a maid who opened the door for us, and told us to wait at his father’s office. Suho nodded and then led me to their living room. I heard the maid telling Suho that his father is still in his office talking to someone. Suho just nodded and sent the maid away.

Suho and I were neither feeling nervous about this meeting with his father. I just concentrated on knowing the full story about our past. I recalled the first time I saw his father. It was during our school festival, his presence was kind of mandatory because he owns our school, though I doubt he was actually there for the festival. He brought Hyejoo with him, that one and only time I turned into a jealous girlfriend.

The door to what I assumed to be Suho’s dad’s office opened, and finally his father appeared. He wore the same expression, guarded and firm, but this time he gave Suho a soft smile, a smile that Suho didn’t return.

I automatically stood up out of courtesy and greeted his dad, “It’s nice to finally meet you Mister Lee.”

He studied me at first. From my facial expression up to my complete get up from head to toe, it took him three seconds to answer, “Likewise, Miss Seo Jaehee.”

He gestured me to sit down and judging by the atmosphere, it was clear that the greeting formalities were over.

Mister Lee cleared his throat first before asking his son, “Have you eaten already—?”

“We already ate father,” Suho said the word like an accusation, his father looked hurt.

Hey… you brought this upon yourself, I thought. I recalled the wrong things I did to my dad and realized that Mister Lee and I are in the same boat afte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter