2014 October 03 (Fall) 1

First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ringing…

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. My eyes involuntarily looked at Jaehee first, noticing no change at all, then I reached for my phone. It stopped ringing, only to be replaced by another call from my father.

It’s two in the morning, what does he want? ”Hello?”

“Suho ya…”

“What is it?”

“I want to talk to you,”

“We’re talking right now.”

“Suho ya… please grant my request. I need to see you,” he insisted. “I... I have something to give to Han Jaehee as well.”

I sighed heavily, and I knew my father could tell that he’s winning on this conversation, “I’ll be right there.”

I stood up, fixed myself, and began to call Miss Seo. After a few rings, she still won’t pick up her phone. Strange. She always answers my call. This is the first time Miss Seo left the hospital and I have no idea where she went.

I ended up calling Park Joowon instead, wishing that he’s still awake right now.

“Why Suho ya? Is Jaehee alright?” Joowon sounded drowsy over the phone. I must’ve interrupted his sleep.

“Jaehee’s fine…” I reassured him and myself, “Joowon ah, can you keep an eye on Jaehee for a while? I have to go somewhere.”

“Sure Suho ya…”

 

 

“Have you been well?” Those were the words my father said the minute I arrived on our living room. I tried to ignore the soft smile on his face.

“Can we skip the introductions?” I didn’t bother to sit down on the sofa. I only extended my open hand to him, “What was it that you want to give to Jaehee?”

He cleared his throat. He’s new expression is like he’s wants to tell me to shut up and just listen, “I said I wanted to talk to you, and to give something to Jaehee.”

“Fine.” I sat down, looking defeated. I decided to play along with my father’s demands.

“How’s Seo Jaehee?”

“Still asleep,” what an obvious question.

“I meant how she was after you left the house, before the attack?”

“Worse…” She wouldn’t get out her room, she seldom ate... “Why do you ask anyway?”

"I completely understand what she’s feeling right now Suho ya.”

“Oh please…” I scoffed, “Stop making conclusions father. You think you know Jaehee that much? You don’t even…”

“That child blames herself,” father tried to explain, “There are many what ifs in her mind right now, and there’s nothing or no one that can console her.”

“It was never her fault,” I tried to defend, “She was still a child back then.”

“A child who wanted nothing but to keep her family whole, and when she saw how broken she was, and that she also took part in breaking it, it destroyed any hope left in her.”

I was left speechless. Was this what Jaehee felt all along, that she think she committed a crime bigger that her father’s?

“She was just like me Suho ya.”

“No, Jaehee’s not like you father,” I immediately contradicted him, “Jaehee is strong, and brave. Jaehee smiles like a fool, like she doesn’t have any illness, like she doesn’t have any problems in her life.”

“She wanted everyone to feel happy about the choices she made, especially her mother. Seo Jaehee decided that they would be happier without her father. When she found out she was wrong, that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter