2014 October 08 (Fall)

First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Five days have past since I left Seo Jaehee, and instead of just moping around thinking about our sudden separation all the time, I focused on planning and making my next photo exhibit happen. I spent this past few days talking to my colleagues back in the US, the editors from various Korean magazines, some interior designers and the event planner head. All the planning seem to be over and the only think that keep asking me right now is when my exhibit will happen. Honestly, I also don’t know.

I look at Jaehee’s portrait most of the time. Jaehee on the rain was the only portrait that I had of her up until I regained my memories. For these past five days I’ve been staring at that portrait, looking at Jaehee’s sad expression again and again. Back then I was very curious as to what or who made her that sad, and now that I have finally regained my memories, now I know why.

Seo Jaehee… Jaehee ya… Even though I’m mad at you right now, I still miss you. I promise, that when the right moment comes, I will never go away from you like this again.

I found myself walking towards the piano. This instrument comforted me back then when no one could. I opened the fall board and began playing to Yiruma’s ‘Kiss the Rain’. This was the first piano piece that I actually listened to. Seo Jaehee made me listen to this piece when I was having an attack, right after she had an attack herself.

I thought about that moment as I played. How I risked getting myself drenched under the rain just to look for her meds. I must’ve have fallen for her by then.

When I reached the end part, right on cue, my phone ringed. It was Han Taewoo.

I stopped and reached for my phone. Surprisingly I must say, I never rejected Han Taewoo calls for me for the past five days.

“Hey Lee Suho…”

I could tell by the sound of his voice that it was not urgent, “Why?”

“Just giving you updates about Jaehee,” he sounded so casual, like he’s talking to a friend. That didn’t bother me though. When he noticed that there’s no reply he continued, “Jaehee is scheduled to be discharged this Saturday.”

Saturday.

“We still need to monitor her condition more frequently than before. Her heart rate seems to be slightly decreased, her laboratory tests are on normal range. Nothing critical for now.”

For now. The uncertainty still bugs me like hell. Good thing I decided to not care, “Okay, just keep me posted Han Taewoo ssi.”

He scoffs at the sound of his name, “Hey punk, are you not going to meet her at all? At least before she gets discharged.”

“She doesn’t want me too,” at least I’m trying my best to fulfill Jaehee’s wishes… for now.

“Heol,” even Han Taewoo could believe my obedience, “I expect this behavior from Jaehee, but not from you.”

"I too do not know the answer why I could resist not seeing her for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter