Part 3: Passing By

First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Suho ya… how about you go home for now,” Miss Seo pleaded, again. That phrase has been repeating in my ears for a two days now. “Just rest, a few hours will do. You can always come back tomorrow. We’ll be here and if something’s up we’ll contact you right away.”

Two days. Exactly two days has passed since Jaehee’s sudden collapse. We should’ve foreseen it before it actually happened. She wasn’t feeling fine for days, and we shouldn’t have let that happen to her. Being that sad was bad for her and it worsened her illness.

While I was holding Jaehee in my arms, Han Taewoo immediately checked up on her, vital signs and everything, the he ran upstairs and went down carrying some of the hand carry machines in Jaehee’s room.

A heart attack. For some reason Jaehee’s heart suddenly decided to stop beating. While Taewoo was busy setting up the instruments, we all froze, trying to process what is and what will happen to Seo Jaehee. Even Miss Seo fainted after shouting her daughter’s name, Joowon was busy supporting her weight. I was still stunned, until Han Taewoo shouted at me, telling me to focus, and saying that we both need to save Jaehee.

“Joowon ssi, call 119 for us! Tell them it’s very urgent!” he barked at Joowon, who was too quick to do his task. I lay Jaehee flat on the floor and then Han Taewoo was on doctor mode. He undressed Jaehee and immediately began resuscitating on her chest.

“Suho ya,” he said between compressions, “Straighten your arms… like this… then push…,” he then ushered me to take his place. Looks like he has to do something other than this, “Don’t stop until I tell you to!”

Come on… beat… Come back to us Jaehee ya… beat!

“Okay stop!” he pushed me away from Jaehee and then he let the defribrillator work its magic. Still Jaehee remained lifeless on the floor.

“Again Lee Suho!” Please… please come back… Seo Jaehee… Don’t do this…

I notice Han Taewoo inject something on Jaehee’s arms. I got distracted for a while.

“Concentrate on what you’re doing!” the doctor barked on me. He then turned to Joowon, “When will the ambulance arrive?”

“They say they’re going here as fast as they can!”

Han Taewoo pressed something to the machine, maybe increasing the voltage… I don’t know. This time he didn’t tell me to stop and instead he just pushed me away.

“Clear!” he shouted. Jaehee moved due to the current then stopped. Han Taewoo checked on her ECG, then let out a huge exhale, “She’s… she has come back.”

I reciprocated his exhale. I immediately reached out to touch Jaehee’s face, “Jaehee ya… don’t leave me again… okay?”

I was crying. And for the first time I wasn’t ashamed to let anybody else other than Seo Jaehee see it. I never cried in front of my father when I finally found out about the truth, or when I felt relieved when I knew that Jaehee’s dad didn’t kill mine. This time nothing else mattered, except that I was very thankful that Jaehee is still alive.

 

“Suho ya… I don’t want you getting sick as well.”

“It’s okay Miss Seo,” I gave her a sad smile, “I just want to be by her side when she finally wakes up.”

My resolve was something they cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter